What is your Shelter in Place experience?

7th day of shelter in place aka SIP
thank God for steaming TV and the internet
been seeing a lot of people walking around the block
people wearing masks and gloves
amazon is back ordered

I'm sick of this place. I can't stand being stuck. I even watching South Park. Got some movies off on demand. I think tonight I'll watch the one where rich democrats hunt red necks. That and the latest RAMBO movie.

Does anyone know just how slow grass grows in northern Idaho in the month of March? I do

The real question seems to be . . . how fast do the fish bite in March in northern Idaho? Good luck.
Oh man....that hurt. It hurt bad. Water is just too cold right now for a good solid bite.

Does anyone know just how slow grass grows in northern Idaho in the month of March? I do

The real question seems to be . . . how fast do the fish bite in March in northern Idaho? Good luck.
Oh man....that hurt. It hurt bad. Water is just too cold right now for a good solid bite.

I went out to the Conowingo last weekend but the shad aren't running thick yet. Hopefully soon . . .

I went out to the Conowingo last weekend but the shad aren't running thick yet. Hopefully soon . . .

Just checked out that reservoir, that looks like it would be fun with the smorgasbord of fish you have there.

I've been working doing odd jobs. Real work hasn't really kicked off yet this year. It hasn't rained in 3 weeks, it's time to bug spray, and weeds and running vines are taking over my yard. :(
Also Glyphosate spray time.
Potato vines are just..unreal here. Have killed thousands..literally, and they do not stop..

I wouldn't be surprised if in the past, this area was called "Vine Ridge" or something.

I am gonna get them beaten back soon. Thinking of buying a scuffle hoe.

Last edited:
amazon is back ordered

I work for the DOD, I am essential. My wife lost her job though.
this a good time to be retired
Idk, friend of mine's nephew just retired..planned on investments for income.
He's talking planting a garden.
I was thinking of getting a restaurant job. That's out.

Walmart is fully stocked with everything except TP. Lowes has tomato and pepper plants for sale already. The weather is warming up, the ABC store has a whole wall of bourbon and gas prices are below $2.00. A good time to be retired as long as you observe the correct social distance.

amazon is back ordered
We aren't sheltering in place and won't be no matter what these mini dictator try to enforce. Been busy stocking up on food and supplies, getting more firewood because who knows how long this crap is gonna last, getting better chicken pen built to get more chickens etc.

Like many of you....Internet, TV cable.....house things.......you know....all that....it's cool its ok no problem! :up:

For me, I have increased efforts to give comfort and share accurate information to people on the internet - notably on this forum. And, hopefully, share the good news of God's Kingdom (Matthew 24:14).

Our congregation has set up conference calls for our 4 meetings for witnessing so we can listen and share comments. Although our public meetings have been cancelled for awhile, tomorrow we will have our meeting using an internet download which will allow us to comment on each question and see and hear each other. I will study for tomorrow's meeting (Watchtower Bible study) today and email and call some of my brothers and sisters today concerning the Biblical research involved. We also stay in touch (not touching) on the phone and by e-mail.

When we lost land line phone service 2 days ago (we got it back yesterday) we began efforts to find a cell phone that actually has service in our rural area of SE Louisiana. We have AT&T but it doesn't work where we live - so we are going to try Verizon - any of you suggest a different network?

In our area grocery stores are open (with shorter hours and efforts to stay clean). My wife works at Winn-Dixie so she is taking a risk to help people have food - she works in bakery. Yum!

I am a heart patient. Last week i was rushed to the hospital twice with tachycardia and atrial fibrilation - cardizem/diltiazem worked to slow my heartbeat which was 150 bpm. My pacemaker only stops going below 60 bpm, not going too fast (=tachycardia). The first time I was rushed by helicopter - first time I have ever flown! The second time by ambulance as they adjusted my medications including dosage of cardizem.

So, when we lost phone service we HAD to drive to town where our cell phone works and tried to buy a phone at Walmart - but the store closed early so my wife got one yesterday. I need to be able to call 911.

I may or may not have Corona - only mild symptoms. At the hospital (they did not have test kits then) when I started getting a sore throat one doctor looked at my throat and said it was probably a cold and definitely not strep (which caused my pneumonia last year when I was hospitalized twice. Thankfully, antibiotics word on Strep and other bacteria that can cause pneumonia. However, they do not work on viruses. Anti-virals do and thankfully officials are now considering them.

Well, I also am watching TV - did some weeding 2 days ago but overdid it. I am young at heart but my heart is not young!

Bottom line: You can't catch viruses on the internet!

amazon is back ordered

Let's see . . .

Here in Eastern Maryland I drove the wife by her office to pick up a spare monitor and laptop so she can work from home. We then stopped by my university so I could grab updated lesson plans and socialize with some of the faculty. From there we hit a Redner's grocery store and a Walmart for dinner idea ingriedients. All in all, the volume of traffic was almost identical to a normal spring day. People were out on the beltway, the parkways, and the highway—just like always. Contractors were parked in driveways, and restaurant parking lots were humming at midday. So much for the apocalypse. The shrimp jambalaya I cooked up was amazing . . .

This is where I could use a 'thanks' button or an 'informative' in the new format.

I've gotten the basement usable again. Tossed out some build up junk, the pool table it available again.

The kid had a friend over last week and they loved it to the point they slept down there.

Working my way though Gotham. The wife is actually working MORE, which is unfortunate.

We've found a very fun little game called Pandemic. Loads of fun and very timely.

1585407078556.png

WIth the wife working more, I've been trying to pick up the slack in house work.

The kid is twelve, we've started watching an episode of Daria each day.

Quite pleasant actually.

Forum List

Back