What is White Privilege?

Your Black ancestors did believe in umoja unity. Thats where the words come from. Obviously not all of them but your grasp of history tells me you are clueless as to what actually happened. Dont show me what some white guy said. Go to the source and find out for yourself. I'm sure you will be sick to your stomach being around all those Black people though so I doubt you will go to West Africa.
My people actually came from West Africa. You don't even know where yours came from. I bet they were Xhosa, you seem stupid enough. :)
Mine too. Senegal and the Wolof to be specific. I traced my ancestry down about 12 years ago. I bet you feel stupid now. :laugh:
Then you would know they don't agree with "Africans," lol. Buncha Muslims, too. Did you eat cow turds when you visited your umoja people, or did they sell you again? HAHA!
You wont get them unless you actually make money. If you are a lazy white then your privilege is waiting for you to get up and go get it.
You finally admit you were wrong all along. If you have to work for it, it ain't no privilege, cracky.
No I only pointed out he had to go pick up his privilege on will call. Black people dont have that option.
He has to make his money, ie, work for his tickets. You should give it a try. lol.
The only thing I know is you hate yourself and have no clue regarding Africa. Which explains why you hate yourself. I'm off to do some Black things. Dont slit your wrist for being Black in the meantime.
laugh.gif
Enjoy your crack and getting murdered. It's what you guys do the best. :D
So all this talk and you never proved white privilege or rather Black disadvantage doesnt exist? I think I am going to change your name to "Smolder" because it looks like I've stomped you out.
laugh.gif

So all this talk and you never proved white privilege or rather Black disadvantage doesnt exist? I think I am going to change your name to "Smolder" because it looks like I've stomped you out.
laugh.gif
I don't think anyone's saying blacks aren't disadvantaged. They are wherever they are found. If the US were predominately Hispanic, you'd be whining about Hispanic privilege, Asian; Asian privilege, Eskimo; Eskimo privilege.... You get the picture. If you want to get the crux of the problem, you'd have to accept things for which you lack the courage. It's always easier to blame others.

My people actually came from West Africa. You don't even know where yours came from. I bet they were Xhosa, you seem stupid enough. :)
Mine too. Senegal and the Wolof to be specific. I traced my ancestry down about 12 years ago. I bet you feel stupid now. :laugh:
Then you would know they don't agree with "Africans," lol. Buncha Muslims, too. Did you eat cow turds when you visited your umoja people, or did they sell you again? HAHA!
You finally admit you were wrong all along. If you have to work for it, it ain't no privilege, cracky.
No I only pointed out he had to go pick up his privilege on will call. Black people dont have that option.
He has to make his money, ie, work for his tickets. You should give it a try. lol.
The only thing I know is you hate yourself and have no clue regarding Africa. Which explains why you hate yourself. I'm off to do some Black things. Dont slit your wrist for being Black in the meantime.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Black disadvantage exists for you. For me, not so much. :D

laugh.gif
I don't think anyone's saying blacks aren't disadvantaged. They are wherever they are found. If the US were predominately Hispanic, you'd be whining about Hispanic privilege, Asian; Asian privilege, Eskimo; Eskimo privilege.... You get the picture. If you want to get the crux of the problem, you'd have to accept things for which you lack the courage. It's always easier to blame others.
If the country were primarily Hispanic there would be no difference. Spain is white too and also participated in the slave trade. In case you missed it no one was whining. Just because you are irritated you couldnt prove your point doesnt = whining. The OP asked a question and I gave a reasoned answer which people agreed with. Since you hate Black people and yourself you couldnt take it.

laugh.gif
If the country were primarily Hispanic there would be no difference. Spain is white too and also participated in the slave trade. In case you missed it no one was whining. Just because you are irritated you couldnt prove your point doesnt = whining. The OP asked a question and I gave a reasoned answer which people agreed with. Since you hate Black people and yourself you couldnt take it.
Tell us, when you visited your people, the Wolof of Senegal, did you ask them why they sold you to the white people? Were they remorseful about it? Did you all have a good cry?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It exists for you too. I'd love to see you claim that in the backwoods of Alabama right now! Your Black. Dont forget it.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It exists for you too. I'd love to see you claim that in the backwoods of Alabama right now! Your Black. Dont forget it.
laugh.gif
I've worked in the backwoods of Alabama. Louisiana, too. It was very similar to working in US ghettos. Same speech, different race.

Never stopped me from doing as I liked. :D

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it exists alright

it's called the IQ gap

laugh.gif
Tell us, when you visited your people, the Wolof of Senegal, did you ask them why they sold you to the white people? Were they remorseful about it? Did you all have a good cry?

cg,

4% of the African slaves were imported to north America.

100% of the whining comes from their decedents

laugh.gif

cg,

4% of the African slaves were imported to north America.

100% of the whining comes from their decedents
lol

Unfortunately Carib Gyal as even Asclepias pointed out,
this does get projected onto race, and that adds to the conflict.

it is hard for "white and black" people to work together on the Freedmen's Town history
and expect there to be trust. Instead, there were incidents like one time a sale of the land back to the community
got BLOCKED because one of the Black leaders didn't trust one of the White people involved. So instead of
taking back control of the land and the school (that later got torned down) it went into the hands of the public school
that tore up gravesites and tore down houses seized by eminent domain. So race was a factor in why the
community kept getting taken advantage of.

The author of the book on Freedmen's Town history also couldn't get support united around defense
because he was white and misjudged for having some other motives besides preserving the Black history
that his doctoral work was focused on. And the head of the local museum also had some people divided against
her just because she was white and they didn't trust her when she worked with the schools and city on projects.

Race and distrust of race has been part of the reason people stay divided and not fully empowered.
So that is part of the equation, either race directly or perceptions and race relations.

The part that is directly is the spiritual wounds and resentment carried from
one generation to the next that is tied to nationality and race. That is part of the dynamics of
the injuries that must be addressed if you are going to heal the wounds and break the cycle of abuse and poverty.
If it is race and not culture, emilynghiem, why do black people in America murder each other in such large numbers?

Hi Carib Gyal
Race is a factor in the socioeconomic conditions.

The two areas of race I focus on the most here:

1. the SPIRITUAL karma connected and carried by race and passed from previous to later generations
where anything unforgiven or not healed is passed down and can manifest as resentment,
including by race.

The race isn't causing the problem, but the *spiritual problem* is projected onto race as a factor.
Race does become a factor in identifying and healing to break the cycle.
(Similar to grouping people by religion, where the same problems happen in all groups, but if this gets projected onto a particular religious identity, that religion becomes a factor of organizing socially to solve the conflict.)

I go by what people tell me, if they identify by race (or religion), I trust them to tell me where they need to focus.
Asclepias has made it clear he is focused on race, so that is a factor for him and I work with him in that way.

I trust that is part of his spiritual path to focus on community solutions to problems associated with racial inequality and history he is trying to address.

2. the issue of financial and political standing that is behind by 150 years due to slavery,
where some generations affected by this need extra support to catch up on learning laws of property
and business/financial management.

I run into this everyday.

I have neighbors and coworkers without any experience or clue where to start with
owning their own property, or rentals or business, much less owning their own city district
because they've never had that experience in their families or social circles.

They have not inherited a sense of ownership that other families get from their parents or grandparents.

So if you are wondering what is the deal with American Blacks
that is where a lot of this victimhood powerlessness comes from.

Not only were family lines broken by slavery, but the rapes to breed more
slaves were blamed on whites and the slavery laws were enforced by
a predominantly white system.

Part of the strategy of keeping Blacks enslaved and unable to unite to liberate themselves
was to divide the FIELD slaves from the HOUSE slaves who got more privileges.

The Urban slaves who were educated were able to move toward independence faster
by understanding land and business ownership and trying to teach this to others.

But the poor uneducated Blacks who stay in the cycle of poverty get taken advantage
of in this system that makes money off bad credit decisions and our prison system
where the industry and contractors make money off the crime. There is not equal
motivation to get people off welfare and out of the system. Politicians play on this
for sympathy to get elected and the plans for campuses to get people educated
require direct investment and participation, where people aren't educated and empowered to take that on.

Of course, if you have Black struggling to get by while their neighborhoods are being taken
over and their families split over jail where they can't work to take back ownership of their communities,
you are going to see dependence on drugs, crime and incarceration as the life they are brought up in.

It's a vicious cycle, and resentment over race has added to it and kept it going.

#1 the Spiritual wounds of genocide that are mixed in with race
have to be healed first if people are going to be EMPOWERED
to solve their financial and political issues in a unified orderly way.

#2 the physical reality of turning prisons and poor districts
into sustainable campus programs to break the cycle of poverty
depends on educating people on the laws and rights they have
equal authority to invoke to CLAIM land and ownership so they can have equal status.

They are generations behind on the learning curve.
So the factor of organizing by community and cultural identity
DOES involve RACE. People align and identify with role models
based on this. So where that IS a factor for them, sure,
I recognize that and have to be willing to work with it.

I can't just take my world view and IMPOSE it on someone else.

If they identify by race, that means to work within their ways
of representing themselves, their interests and community,
in order to build solutions as Asclepias seeks to do.

I have met with political leaders who urged me to understand
the unity has to come first, and then the changes can follow.

So racial identity and history is part of that process of unifying,
so people FEEL empowered so they CAN take on the responsibilities
instead of feeling it is hopeless trying to fight the system run by others.

Thanks for asking, and I hope you and Asclepias are able to find
and focus on points of agreement so you can unite your resources
and uplift more people to get past the negative conflicts concerning race.

If you see it as cultural, that's one way to describe the problems and solutions going on.
If Asclepias sees it as racial, that's a factor also that a lot of people want to address.

Whatever it takes to motivate people to change the dynamics,
from victimhood to empowerment, it's important to work together
even if we call it or focus on different things. What are the solutions we can all agree on.
Spiritual beliefs are a part of culture, every culture. If anything will ever change in black America, it has to come from within. At least we can agree that the overwhelming black on black American murder rates are not racially motivated, can't we?

I still believe that some of the inbred hatred is coming from
damage inherited spiritually because of race and how whole generations were treated.

That is carried racially and that anger is taken out against fellow Blacks.

Blacks were forced to rape other blacks to breed more slaves.

That kind of injury can be carried deep in the spirit
and remanifest later as these violent hateful crimes.

So it can be manifested as black on black crime.

If the Black people who enslaved other blacks --
not just in Africa but also the Black slave owners who owned land
and Black Slaves in America in equal proportion to the whites who owned slaves --
carry karma from that, yes, they can pimp and abuse their own family and
community members and revisit that same cycle until it is broken.

NOTE: The same way Irish slaves were also forcibly raped by Blacks to breed more slaves,
with the darker skin being worth more, I am guessing that some of the inbred
phobic hostility between whites and blacks could come from that also.

The tragic problems of gambling and drinking addictions
among Native Americans could possible be traced back
to either the genocidal abuses and/or any occult type
practices in their family lineages that can be passed down spiritually.

The Black genocides and tribal wars in Africa have
been blamed on occult practices and voodoo that
infected the spiritual family lines also. The constant
corruption and crises affecting tribal wars not only in Africa
but in Haiti and other places has been blamed on
spiritual curses carried in the bloodlines from tribal practices.

So you can call that cultural or spiritual but it is
carried by generations so it does manifest by race.
That's my point. If it was race, it would be true of all blacks everywhere. But it's not, it is restricted to black Americans. It is a cultural phenomenon.

Yes, the karma between White and Black, conservative and liberal, and rich and poor classes in America
is unique to those individuals who must work through these issues in their own way and timing.

Race and religion is a factor in those dynamics, and so is political identity.
So in America we have freedom of speech, press and right to petition to work out our history and conflicts.

So that's why a lot of this lands on us and is coming out in public to be addressed and resolved so healing
over many generations can finally take place.

Thanks, Carib Gyal for choosing to be part of that sharing and healing process.

My black African ancestors believed in umoja, unity. That's why they sold their own into slavery. lol.
Your Black ancestors did believe in umoja unity. Thats where the words come from. Obviously not all of them but your grasp of history tells me you are clueless as to what actually happened. Dont show me what some white guy said. Go to the source and find out for yourself. I'm sure you will be sick to your stomach being around all those Black people though so I doubt you will go to West Africa.
White privilege hasn't gotten me free Super Bowl tickets! Damn!
You wont get them unless you actually make money. If you are a lazy white then your privilege is waiting for you to get up and go get it.
laugh.gif

Dear Asclepias just because your experience and path in this process is different from Carib Gyal's
doesn't make one right and one wrong. Your paths and perceptions cannot be compared because you
are unique and your roles are to ađdress different audiences from different angles.

how else can we expect to cover the broad range of experiences except to have
people working and covering different ground? it is supposed to be this way,
so you can help some people who relate to your approach of overcoming the past and healing,
and Carib Gyal can work with people who don't get that at all and work from a different focus.

This is goơd, not bad.

I don't see either of you as hateful, but just FEARFUL that the other is misguided or missing something
or stuck in some misled mindset. I think your respective compassion toward the community you both address is good,
but your concern for each other is misdirected and coming across as negative or hostile.

If you are that different, then clearly both are nêeded to reach fuller audiences.
Who don't get each other any more than you and CG don't get the other person's perspective either.

The wide range of experiences includes both, not either/or.

No dream. You wouldnt know because you spend so much time trying your best to be white. I dont resent anything about my African brothers. I know what happened. I also have taken advantage of their overtures to fix any wrong. Thats where you fall down. You are so out of touch with being Black you actually sound just like the white racists on this board. I already know I am more successful than 80% of Americans but this really isnt about me. Its about my brothers and sisters that havent had the success I have had. They need to be educated on this African thought process.
Of course it's a dream. You have no idea what black Africans feel like or their thought process, which is different among the tribes anyway. You are an American and have about as much in common with them as a white American does with some guy yodeling in the Alps.

You have transferred your resentment to the white man at being sold as slaves by your fellow blacks, and now you dream of some romantic vision of the homeland that is simply not real. It's a whole psychological thing you people have going on.
Unfortunately you are wrong. I know way more about how Africans think than you. I have traveled there, I actually am a part owner of land over there and I talk to them almost daily. Where do you think I learned this from?
laugh.gif
If this was true, you would know umoja is a joke. There simply is no unity in Africa. It's a fucking continent, not a country or even a tribe, and there has never been, and certainly isn't today, any unity whatsoever. Lying on an internet message board is still lying, cracky.
I understand your hate for your ancestors and love for what whites tell you have left you susceptible to propaganda. I pity you. I must be hard every time you see your reflection to deal with the self hate.
You are not smart enough to teach anyone anything. You barely function yourself. Your mind is too consumed with becoming white to be able to teach anyone.
laugh.gif

Whoa, Asclepias, enough. If you are going to get away from race-baited hating,
then please don't engage in such comments based on race.

It's okay to criticize someone for imposing an unfair bias, but because of the unfairness.
NOT because of the race of the person.

If you stayed focus on what this person is saying that is wrongful, that is the point of the criticism
and that can be corrected.

Attacking them based on their race can't be changed, it is their attitude and content of their remarks
you are taking exception to. So please focus there and don't distract by attacking them by color of their skin, please.
Caribe is Black. I know the hate for her own people fooled you.
I don't live in Africa or America. We don't have the umoja you people do. LOL!
I didnt say you did. However, we all know you did live in america.
You're a used car that broke down. You blame the buyer and not the seller. :)

I believe in fixing the car so it serves its purpose to the maximum.

laugh.gif

Dear Asclepias just because your experience and path in this process is different from Carib Gyal's
doesn't make one right and one wrong. Your paths and perceptions cannot be compared because you
are unique and your roles are to ađdress different audiences from different angles.

so you can help some people who relate to your approach of overcoming the past and healing,
and Carib Gyal can work with people who don't get that at all and work from a different focus.

This is goơd, not bad.

I don't see either of you as hateful, but just FEARFUL that the other is misguided or missing something
or stuck in some misled mindset. I think your respective compassion toward the community you both address is good,
but your concern for each other is misdirected and coming across as negative or hostile.

If you are that different, then clearly both are nêeded to reach fuller audiences.
Who don't get each other any more than you and CG don't get the other person's perspective either.

I believe the difference is she has nothing but disdain for the american Black community. I embrace Black people no matter where they are from. For some reason she seems to think that there was something different in the water that made the exact same type of people have 2 different experiences in history. Most intelligent people understand the system of slavery was different here in the US as compared to other places. Most intelligent people understand that the systems put in place to maintain white superiority are still active today in this country.

Dear Carib Gyal I am guessing you are having fun poking and taunting here.
But given that Asclepias is sincere in caring about healing for the self-hatred that has historically destroyed the
Black communities, I asked him to lay off on the racial jabs and ask you to also, to be fair.

I think he is truly concerned and hurt to see this kind of talk, and that is why I asked him not to engage either.

When you are done with your fun,
I'd much rather focus on serious points of what solutions we can support
to end the black on black crime and poverty and perception of victimhood.

Jabbing back and forth may be fun and games to you, but I don't think that is where Asclepias is with this.
He is trying to focus on serious education for empowerment, and I think you would have a lot to contribute
if you are above all that self-hateful victim projection talk.

Can we rise to that higher level and have the discussion there?
Thanks, and don't mean to spoil your fun, but Asclepias is very serious and I'd like to see what can be done in
real practical terms, and not just goofing around poking and punching for hot buttons and weak spots in his armor.

I think the intellectual discourse you are quite capable of
is a much more productive way to bring out those points so they can be resolved.

I think this other way is distracting, so I asked him to stop as well.

Appreciate your higher sense of humor about this, but am more interested in your serious points.

Thank you!
I am the one who is interested in alleviating the suffering, and pointing the constant and never-ending finger of blame at white people is not the way to do it. My people and culture have many problems, but racism isn't one of them. I feel as though I am in a black KKK meeting when I talk to those kinds of people. They are so intent, their racism so ingrained, they simply dismiss any claims to the contrary. And I will always slap back, it's just my nature. ;)

Well, if you want to se e effective models for ađd ressing this engrained racism
the Bahai started free outreach to help facilitate dialogue so people can "talk out" these pains of the past and RELEASE the hurts
instead of holding onto them with resentment and fear, and projecting and repeating them.

One of their #1 rules is not to pinpoint or target any person as "representing" a group stereotype or idea.
So that's where you and Asclepias started going off on each other as "representing" a fixed group.

And that is the same pattern as racism, as projecting and judging people by association by group, particularly race.

the guidelines for sharing to break down these barriers and patterns
are posted here
http www.houstonprogressive.org

That's wonderful Carib Gyal that you are trying to confront this head on.
I hope the experience in healing racism from the Bahai helps you when you run into these patterns
of internalized racial perceptions because of past hurts that people still carry and haven't fully let go and healed yet.

laugh.gif

This is goơd, not bad.

I believe the difference is she has nothing but disdain for the american Black community. I embrace Black people no matter where they are from. For some reason she seems to think that there was something different in the water that made the exact same type of people have 2 different experiences in history. Most intelligent people understand the system of slavery was different here in the US as compared to other places. Most intelligent people understand that the systems put in place to maintain white superiority are still active today in this country.

Well if she doesn't understand it in terms of race,
what about spiritual history and cultural history.

It's the same social conditions that caused disruptions, divisions and deep rooted distrust
affecting social groups and perceptions.

We can still talk about the history and stages of healing over many generations.
Race is a factor in how the fear became so dividing, but it doesn't have to be argued over as the cause.

I agrêe with CB the problems starts with the spirit and then it manifests in society, where race religion and political groups manifest how the conflcits and divisions play out in the real world. but it starts in the spirit, and that is where the healing starts also, before it changes the social dynamics of race and economics as a result.

laugh.gif

This is goơd, not bad.

It's the same social conditions that caused disruptions, divisions and deep rooted distrust

We can still talk about the history and stages of healing over many generations.
Race is a factor in how the fear became so dividing, but it doesn't have to be argued over as the cause.

I agrêe with CB the problems starts with the spirit and then it manifests in society, where race religion and political groups manifest how the conflcits and divisions play out in the real world. but it starts in the spirit, and that is where the healing starts also, before it changes the social dynamics of race and economics as a result.
If she doesnt understand in terms of race she is a fool. There is nothing different at all about the Black condition no matter where in the world it occurs...unless its in a country run by Black African people which she also has disdain for. That condition is normally social and economic oppression. Hell she grew up in poverty. Also her comments on "good hair" and the need for one to be mixed with white in order to possess it, is one of the ills affecting Black people world wide. I have no tolerance for such self destructive and idiotic trains of thought. People who think like that are too far gone to be considered someone I can talk to and achieve some progress. If you hate what you are then you have some personal issues that need to be attended to before you can ever consider yourself worthy of leading anyone or fixing in racial or class problems.

Here is just one example of her ignorance and self hate I just happened to find.

Is This Racist Page 31 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
laugh.gif

This is goơd, not bad.

If she doesnt understand in terms of race she is a fool. There is nothing different at all about the Black condition no matter where in the world it occurs...unless its in a country run by Black African people which she also has disdain for. That condition is normally social and economic oppression. Hell she grew up in poverty. Also her comments on "good hair" and the need for one to be mixed with white in order to possess it, is one of the ills affecting Black people world wide. I have no tolerance for such self destructive and idiotic trains of thought. People who think like that are too far gone to be considered someone I can talk to and achieve some progress. If you hate what you are then you have some personal issues that need to be attended to before you can ever consider yourself worthy of leading anyone or fixing in racial or class problems.

Here is just one example of her ignorance and self hate I just happened to find.

Is This Racist Page 31 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
You're kind of a big oafish guy, huh.

Against black people. I live in an area that has a huge population of Asians, including Indians. They weren't educated here in the U.S., they were educated in their respective countries of origin.
And yet they still do better in schools than any other race in the US. Run along now this isn't about foreign education.
That is not true...African immigrants are doing better in schools than any group, including Asians in American or anywhere else in the world!

That may well be the case. I wouldn't be surprised.

I know that Haitians do better than indigenous Blacks.

So where's the beef?

The Caribbean G-Spot is trying to deviate from the black-white problem in America by pointing at Asians. Go figure.
The Caribbean G-Spot is black herself. And American, although an immigrant initially. Perhaps your flaming heiny is the only difference between us. :)
Which island are you from? And where in the US did you migrate to?

Forum List

Back