What is “Trumpism”?

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?
A slang term for I don’t like Trump.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.
True selfishness is a big part of it

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.
Individualism is great. I think the USA has and still stands for that

You'll find “selfishness” lying at the root of individualism.
Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?

Is Trumpism nationalism?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.

Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?
Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Enough with them.

Awesome!

Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.
It can't be just about demeanor however. I think it is a mistake to think Trump supporters are supporting the person and not the policies. It is a bit insulting to call millions of people dupes and puppets. You say you respect ideological differences, but then do not respect people for supporting different ideas. In post 170, you ask why it is even necessary to have opposing viewpoints.

What is “Trumpism”?
The end of the United States as we know it, I fear.
We'll get past this. We're better than this.
I used to think so, but I keep running across shit here that makes me doubt. Did you know there's a thread active right now proclaiming McCarthyism as a good thing and comparing good old Joe to Billy the Bagman as if it's a good thing too?
Well, we got past McCarthyism, at least for a while. But what worries me here is that it's also combined with the fact that they have this authoritarian, nationalist strongman making things so much worse. It's a combination of a couple of moments in world history that didn't exactly pan out. The fact that Trump is also an embarrassing, childlike buffoon only rubs salt in the wound.

They want the McCarthyism, and they want the nationalist strongman. Little did we know this was their goal all along.

"History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme."
Mark Twain

Last edited:
Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpism is an in-your-face, 24x7 never ending dog whistle. Except every human being can hear it. He never puts it down. And you willing rubes chase after it with your tongues flapping in the breeze.
He plays his supporters. He thinks they are morons. He has no respect for his supporters. They're just willingly useful idiots to him. The only thing that interests Trump....is Trump and how he benefits.
Doesn't read, doesn't think, wouldn't know policy if it ran up to him and stole his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and a carnival barking fraud on top of it.
I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.

Everything you posted about Trump has no basis in any facts against Trump anyways-----just silly wet dream smearing of him. (Well except the comment about the Quarter Pounder is atleast half correct---Trump does like his Mickey D's).

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

It's more an observation of you than of Trump.
Sure, okay.

And this is when Mac Runs with his tail between his legs for the exit.
Well, I'm right here, but I see no need to beat a dead horse.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

Why waste any more bandwidth?

Why be on a discussion forum then? Just go somewhere like DU and enjoy the echo chamber.
It's much more interesting to observe the behaviors of the wings here, but thanks for your concern!

More dodging, no content.
I don't know what you want. If you have a question, ask it.

I made my statement of your view being of a Construct of Trump as opposed to what Trump actually is. You decided to ignore it.

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Kinda like how y’all use “TDS” to ignore any alternative opinions and facts?

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.

Yeah. That's about it.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.
Yeah. I guess we'll find out over the next two or three elections if we really are sinking to this, as "normal".

I do hope we're better than this.
Says the Hillary voter who paid a foreigner to create a fake Russian scandal against her opponent even while taking bribes from foreign nations for influence in "her" administration

Yeah. That's about it.

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpism is an in-your-face, 24x7 never ending dog whistle. Except every human being can hear it. He never puts it down. And you willing rubes chase after it with your tongues flapping in the breeze.
He plays his supporters. He thinks they are morons. He has no respect for his supporters. They're just willingly useful idiots to him. The only thing that interests Trump....is Trump and how he benefits.
Doesn't read, doesn't think, wouldn't know policy if it ran up to him and stole his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and a carnival barking fraud on top of it.

Everything you posted about Trump has no basis in any facts against Trump anyways-----just silly wet dream smearing of him. (Well except the comment about the Quarter Pounder is atleast half correct---Trump does like his Mickey D's).

The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.
~ donald trump, 'art of the deal '

" There's a sucker born every minute " ~ attributed to p.t.. barnum

Yeah. That's about it.

Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )
It’s far more often an ad hominem used only to squash criticism.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

It’s far more often an ad hominem used only to squash criticism.

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

Forum List

Back