What is “Trumpism”?

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

It's more an observation of you than of Trump.
Sure, okay.

And this is when Mac Runs with his tail between his legs for the exit.
Well, I'm right here, but I see no need to beat a dead horse.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

Why waste any more bandwidth?

Why be on a discussion forum then? Just go somewhere like DU and enjoy the echo chamber.
It's much more interesting to observe the behaviors of the wings here, but thanks for your concern!

More dodging, no content.
I don't know what you want. If you have a question, ask it.

I made my statement of your view being of a Construct of Trump as opposed to what Trump actually is. You decided to ignore it.
I didn't ignore it. I disagree with it. And I know that there is no reason to spend post after post going over it, back and forth, boring as hell.

What's wrong with that?

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Merely observation.

It's more an observation of you than of Trump.
Sure, okay.

And this is when Mac Runs with his tail between his legs for the exit.
Well, I'm right here, but I see no need to beat a dead horse.

You're going to defend Trump. I think he's a dangerous buffoon, and that Trumpism is ugly.

Why waste any more bandwidth?

Why be on a discussion forum then? Just go somewhere like DU and enjoy the echo chamber.
It's much more interesting to observe the behaviors of the wings here, but thanks for your concern!

More dodging, no content.
I don't know what you want. If you have a question, ask it.

I made my statement of your view being of a Construct of Trump as opposed to what Trump actually is. You decided to ignore it.
I didn't ignore it. I disagree with it. And I know that there is no reason to spend post after post going over it, back and forth, boring as hell.

What's wrong with that?

Then stop responding.

Yeah. That's about it.

Kinda like how y’all use “TDS” to ignore any alternative opinions and facts?

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )
It’s far more often an ad hominem used only to squash criticism.

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

This isn’t just about you, obviously.

Take this article for example, it was posted here recently.

See, if I don’t think that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID, I have TDS. That’s the only reason I would believe such a thing. It’s not that I might have a medical degree, that I’ve done a full examination of the evidence. It’s not that I’ve looked at the numerous RCTs which failed to show a benefit. It’s not that the FDA pulled its emergency approval due to lack of efficacy.

I have TDS and the person who has no medical education says I’m killing thousands of people because of it.

I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.
Yeah. I guess we'll find out over the next two or three elections if we really are sinking to this, as "normal".

I do hope we're better than this.
Says the Hillary voter who paid a foreigner to create a fake Russian scandal against her opponent even while taking bribes from foreign nations for influence in "her" administration
I did?

Yeah. That's about it.

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.
When they scream TDS, it's merely projection. They adore and worship an embarrassing, childlike buffoon. THEY have TDS.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.
When they scream TDS, it's merely projection. They adore and worship an embarrassing, childlike buffoon. THEY have TDS.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

See, if I don’t think that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID, I have TDS. That’s the only reason I would believe such a thing. It’s not that I might have a medical degree, that I’ve done a full examination of the evidence. It’s not that I’ve looked at the numerous RCTs which failed to show a benefit. It’s not that the FDA pulled its emergency approval due to lack of efficacy.

I have TDS and the person who has no medical education says I’m killing thousands of people because of it.

TDS is assuming Cholorquinine will never work just because Trump said it MIGHT, and now you are locked into denying it will EVER work just because of that.

Anti-TrumpBots...
Wares da Welfare!
I was following a prius covered in lefty stickers, and I kid you not, it turned right into the trailer park with the rest of the vehicles with old Obama stickers.

owning a prius doesn't have anything to do with political leanings ... it's just economically smart.
LOL. You DO know that burning coal to produce the electricity that powers a Prius spews more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than that Prius would produce if it were powered solely by gasoline, I suppose?

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.
He’s not entirely wrong. There are people that take criticism of Trump too far, obviously.

But if TDS is not willing to accept Trump has done nothing right, then the mirror of TDS is where people refuse to believe Trump is never wrong.

I see the latter far more often than the former.

Anti-TrumpBots...
Wares da Welfare!
I was following a prius covered in lefty stickers, and I kid you not, it turned right into the trailer park with the rest of the vehicles with old Obama stickers.

owning a prius doesn't have anything to do with political leanings ... it's just economically smart.
LOL. You DO know that burning coal to produce the electricity that powers a Prius spews more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than that Prius would produce if it were powered solely by gasoline, I suppose?

well, i was thinking hybrids. which i own one - a 2007 model. i fill up about every 6 weeks or so. & except for the occasional oil change - it's been maintenance free - saving even more cash.

& in my little blue state - a vast majority of the EV stations are solar powered.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.
He’s not entirely wrong. There are people that take criticism of Trump too far, obviously.

But if TDS is not willing to accept Trump has done nothing right, then the mirror of TDS is where people refuse to believe Trump is never wrong.

Both wings take virtually everything too far. And I'd argue that Trump's presence is an ugly result of that.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

TDS is assuming Cholorquinine will never work just because Trump said it MIGHT, and now you are locked into denying it will EVER work just because of that.
Who said that it would never work just because of Trump?

When Trump was saying it could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine, I was saying that it was too soon to tell and it was. The criticism of Trump early on was that he was going to far in describing its evidence.

And now the Trump faithful can not admit that if doesn’t work because they’re so locked in to supporting Trump.

But do you understand my criticism of the article? The author is using TDS to explain away the scientific process that didn’t go the way Trump wanted.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

TDS is assuming Trump is wrong in your mind before he even does something.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

When Trump was saying it could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine, I was saying that it was too soon to tell and it was. The criticism of Trump early on was that he was going to far in describing its evidence.

And now the Trump faithful can not admit that if doesn’t work because they’re so locked in to supporting Trump.

But do you understand my criticism of the article? The author is using TDS to explain away the scientific process that didn’t go the way Trump wanted.

There are studies that says it works, and studies that say it doesn't. There are studies with it alone, and with other compounds, like zinc or vitamin C. Considering it is a well tested drug with minimal side effects at the doses being tried, why would not using it and seeing if it worked and how be such a non-starter?

But according to the left it can't work because Trump said it might work. and they will sink with the ship to prove so.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

There are studies that says it works, and studies that say it doesn't. There are studies with it alone, and with other compounds, like zinc or vitamin C. Considering it is a well tested drug with minimal side effects at the doses being tried, why would not using it and seeing if it worked and how be such a non-starter?

But according to the left it can't work because Trump said it might work. and they will sink with the ship to prove so.
Again, who was saying it can’t work just because of Trump?

Because there were early observational studies showing it had an effect and we DID try it early on. It was very frequently used to treat COVID patients early in the pandemic while the NIH put together a randomized clinical trial which is the told standard. The results of the NIH trial were negative and so the FDA pulled the emergency approval and it fell out of protocols for treatment as we moved on to other treatments.

Trump’s rhetoric had zero effect on that process.

But somehow this author believes that the only reason we don’t really use it anymore is TDS and what really cracks me up is the author makes this conclusion based on zero medical knowledge or experience.

TDS is the crutch to ignore reality here.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Because there were early observational studies showing it had an effect and we DID try it early on. It was very frequently used to treat COVID patients early in the pandemic while the NIH put together a randomized clinical trial which is the told standard. The results of the NIH trial were negative and so the FDA pulled the emergency approval and it fell out of protocols for treatment as we moved on to other treatments.

But somehow this author believes that the only reason we don’t really use it anymore is TDS and what really cracks me up is the author makes this conclusion based on zero medical knowledge or experience.

They don't have to say it, they just have to show it. You can tell by the type of response that the person isn't responding via belief in science or data, but simply in the fact that "If Comrade Trump says it, it must be false"

And you quote one round of studies showing what you want to see, and thus that is the be all end all, and you dismiss anything else about it.

"If Trump said it, it must be false" is your starting point, and you will dog pile every study that backs that up into your mind to back up your "Orange Man Bad" default viewpoint.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

They don't have to say it, they just have to show it. You can tell by the type of response that the person isn't responding via belief in science or data, but simply in the fact that "If Comrade Trump says it, it must be false"

And you quote one round of studies showing what you want to see, and thus that is the be all end all, and you dismiss anything else about it.

"If Trump said it, it must be false" is your starting point, and you will dog pile every study that backs that up into your mind to back up your "Orange Man Bad" default viewpoint.
No, I'm not dismissing everything else. The early observational studies are what leads to randomized clinical trials, but if a RCT shows no benefit, then that's the definitive study. That's why the FDA pulled the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine. Tell me, does the FDA have TDS?

Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that the studies were negative and it's time to move on.

Yeah. That's about it.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

Horseshit. Cult45 aren't mysterious or deep thinkers. They're just bad pennies.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

No, I'm not dismissing everything else. The early observational studies are what leads to randomized clinical trials, but if a RCT shows no benefit, then that's the definitive study. That's why the FDA pulled the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine. Tell me, does the FDA have TDS?

Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that the studies were negative and it's time to move on.

So one set of studies and done right?

Yeah. That's about it.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

Horseshit. Cult45 aren't mysterious or deep thinkers. They're just bad pennies.

No explanation to back up your observation, just TDS twat-trabble.

Forum List

Back