What is the significance ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Of media outlets calling a reult before all the votes are counted.?

I know that this was a big issue that Trump had with Fox. but did it matter ?

Does it mean that they stop counting ?

We have exit polls in UK . Usually about 10 minutes after the voting stops. .
Nobody thinks much of it. Its just democracy.

It was a bigger issue decades ago when they would call some states at 5 pm when the polls didn't close until 7 pm. Also if they lead the viewers to believe that presidential race has been decided before polls close on the west coast, people there might skip voting even though there are local races still up for grabs.

It was a bigger issue decades ago when they would call some states at 5 pm when the polls didn't close until 7 pm. Also if they lead the viewers to believe that presidential race has been decided before polls close on the west coast, people there might skip voting even though there are local races still up for grabs.
If fox called Arizona before the polls closed I can see why he was upset. Our laws prevent that. Rightly so.

When the media calls an election, they're not relying solely on votes counted but also on exit polls. Fox News and AP (which is the general source that much of media uses) determined Biden was the winner in Arizona hours after the polls closed. CNN and the 3 major networks waited nine days to call the state for Biden.

Most candidates when the call goes against them in close races will voice optimism that they'll eventually be victorious. From what I read Trump took it as a stab in the back when conservative Fox News projected he lost with so many votes yet to be counted.

It doesn’t matter. The electoral college makes the decision weeks after the election. Voters don’t elect presidents in the United States. The media doesn’t pick presidents either. People don’t get it.

IMG_0446.jpeg

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

Forum List

Back