What is the LEGAL JUSTIFICATION for DACA?

So, a six year old commits a crime by living with his/her parents who came here illegally ten years ago?

No, he'd be a US citizen...
entitled to all the rights and benefits that come with citizenship.

The constitution does not say that . Nor does any law. Birthright citizenship was invented by the courts and they are not allowed to do that.

So, a six year old commits a crime by living with his/her parents who came here illegally ten years ago?

The constitution does not say that . Nor does any law. Birthright citizenship was invented by the courts and they are not allowed to do that.

Yes, the law does say that. The Citizen Clause in the 14th Amendment. Not debating the rightness, wrongness or intent - just stating what is is.

Yes, the law does say that. The Citizen Clause in the 14th Amendment. Not debating the rightness, wrongness or intent - just stating what is is.
Many believe that was not the intent of the 14th amendment. However, our government's interpretation of the 14th amendment is that babies born to illegals are US citizens and the supreme court is not going to reverse over a hundred years of precedent on that. it would take a constitutional amendment.

Many believe that was not the intent of the 14th amendment. However, our government's interpretation of the 14th amendment is that babies born to illegals are US citizens and the supreme court is not going to reverse over a hundred years of precedent on that. it would take a constitutional amendment.

You're right. I'm in the camp of those who do not believe that was the intent...but the chances of amending it now? Practically zilch. As far as I can tell the US and Canada are the only developed nations who have such a law.

That why border security and keeping track of visa holders is important, imho.

Courts are NOT allowed to write laws, you fool. The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states". THINK

You're right. I'm in the camp of those who do not believe that was the intent...but the chances of amending it now? .

No need to amend anything you fool. All that's needed is a congress that tells the supreme court "you do not write the laws of this country. The constitution says you don't".

Congress needs to simply write a law that says birthright citizenship applies only to kids born to a mother who is an american citizen. THINK, america-hater.

You're right. I'm in the camp of those who do not believe that was the intent...but the chances of amending it now? .

No need to amend anything you fool. All that's needed is a congress that tells the supreme court "you do not write the laws of this country. The constitution says you don't".

Congress needs to simply write a law that says birthright citizenship applies only to kids born to a mother who is an american citizen. THINK, america-hater.

'k

:smiliehug:

Section 5 of the 14th amendment says "Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

This should make it clear to you idiots that there is no need to pass a constitutional amendment to get rid of birthright citizenship. Congress can do it.

Let's return to the thread topic. What is the legal justification for openly telling millions of people they can break our laws.
Was Prohibition a good law?

Why is every argument framed in hatred? You cannot convince Americans with children consciences the worthiness of your argument so long as you regard every immigrant as subhuman.

Let's return to the thread topic. What is the legal justification for openly telling millions of people they can break our laws.

Why is every argument framed in hatred? You cannot convince Americans with children consciences the worthiness of your argument so long as you regard every immigrant as subhuman.
----------------------------------------------------------------- Subhuman , not my opinion of imported people legal or illegal but i dislike them being in the USA . i don't hate mexican individuals , i might hate mex government though . They are the cause of the illegal alien problem in the USA and USA government is just as bad . And it starts all the way back to R.Reagan and 'ghwb' and continues up to 'mrobama' NKing .

----------------------------------------------------------------- Subhuman , not my opinion of imported people legal or illegal but i dislike them being in the USA . i don't hate mexican individuals , i might hate mex government though . They are the cause of the illegal alien problem in the USA and USA government is just as bad . And it starts all the way back to R.Reagan and 'ghwb' and continues up to 'mrobama' NKing .
If,this was,1917 not 2017, would you hate the government's of Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Great Britain, Hungary, Slovenia, Portugal, Greece, Albania and Yugoslavia too? Immigrants from those countries flooded into America then.

And the legality of that immigration? You go through a bigger bureaucracy at the DMV renewing your driver's license than those immigrants went through at
Ellis Island.

[
If,this was,1917 not 2017, would you hate the government's of Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Great Britain, Hungary, Slovenia, Portugal, Greece, Albania and Yugoslavia too? Immigrants from those countries flooded into America then.

1. Those were LEGAL immigrants, you fool

2. They were also white people, not like the black, hispanic, and muslim immigrants who hate us.

As usual, your grammar is laughable but anyway - i never said all immigrants are subhuman. Just the illegal ones. THINK

[

1. Those were LEGAL immigrants, you fool

2. They were also white people, not like the black, hispanic, and muslim immigrants who hate us.
Here's the flaw in your logic. I'm white, yet I hate you.

Racism has no place in civilization. Perhaps you should begin preparing for your eternity burning in hell.

difference is that the 'mex' are right next door geographically and so they never become REAL Americans tied to the USA Nosmo . See 'van nuys' and other areas in Southern California to see what i mean . And the mex kids are taught that they own California and a few other USA States so both mex kids and parents are an imported 'fifth column' in the USA and are imported by USA Gov and American politicians at American taxpayer expense starting with R.Reagan and encouraged by those that followed him . I thank God that i am am NO sports fan but one small example of mex loyalty to mexico can be seen when 'mex' that live in the USA hope , cheer and encourage 'mex' sports teams over American rivals . Also SEE the 'mex' flags at political and other protests carried by 'mex' that live and work and get ALL good things in and from the USA Nosmo .

Last edited:
difference is that the 'mex' are right next door geographically and they so never become REAL Americans tied to the USA Nosmo . See 'van nuys' and other areas in Southern California to see what i mean . And the mex kids are taught that they own California and a few other USA States so both mex kids and parents are an imported 'fifth column' in the USA and are imported by USA Gov and American politicians at American taxpayer expense starting with R.Reagan and encouraged by those that followed him . I thank God that i am am NO sports fan but one small example of mex loyalty to mexico can be seen when 'mex' that live in the USA hope , cheer and encourage 'mex' sports teams over American rivals . Also SEE the 'mex' flags at political and other protests carried by 'mex' that live and work and get ALL good things in and from the USA Nosmo .
Funny that you see Mexican immigrants as fifth columnists while we see Mexican immigrants as people looking for a better way of life. You see them as threats while we see them as people hoping for jobs and security.

difference is that the 'mex' are right next door geographically and they so never become REAL Americans tied to the USA Nosmo . See 'van nuys' and other areas in Southern California to see what i mean . And the mex kids are taught that they own California and a few other USA States so both mex kids and parents are an imported 'fifth column' in the USA and are imported by USA Gov and American politicians at American taxpayer expense starting with R.Reagan and encouraged by those that followed him . I thank God that i am am NO sports fan but one small example of mex loyalty to mexico can be seen when 'mex' that live in the USA hope , cheer and encourage 'mex' sports teams over American rivals . Also SEE the 'mex' flags at political and other protests carried by 'mex' that live and work and get ALL good things in and from the USA Nosmo .

yup - mexican immigrants always are mexico-firsters. You come here from say asia and you have to put your home country behind.

Section 5 of the 14th amendment says "Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

This should make it clear to you idiots that there is no need to pass a constitutional amendment to get rid of birthright citizenship. Congress can do it.

Read it again, this time with comprehension. Key word 'enforce'....the provisions of this article. Not 'rewrite' or 'amend' the provisions. Enforce. Compel obedience.

It can be repealed, and there's valid argument for it, but it cannot be simply legislated away.

Anyway - has nothing to do with daca.

Last edited:
Funny that you see Mexican immigrants as fifth columnists while we see Mexican immigrants as people looking for a better way of life. You see them as threats while we see them as people hoping for jobs and security.
--------------------------------------------------- and thats why we disagree and is why i would say that you are naive Nosmo . And really , while i wish nothing bad on any American i see these imported third worlders as being a problem for Americans in the future , maybe your kids or grandkids Nosmo !! :afro:

Sure, 'we' see immigrants from all nations, including Mexico, as people looking for a better way of life, but we're not talking about Mexican immigrants. We are talking about illegal aliens who defy American immigration law by either sneaking across the border or over staying visas. Significant difference.

Forum List

Back