What is the definition of "assault weapon?"

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.

So if things were different, then things would be different.

How profound.

They work in Israel and Switzerland... Probably in Scandinavia. Automobile accident are accidents. Guess you don't see the difference.
Israelis all have guns. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It's Swiss people all have guns. I don't want to fuck you're talking about. Do you know the difference?

Those people trust their government and their government trusts them.

We have a different situation here.

267F6A9E-B61B-4452-88C8-DF8FF737237D.jpeg

So a revolver is an assault weapon?
These dumb asses go about this stupid effort all the time. They try to distinguish military weapons from non-military weapons.

"Weapons of war"

"Weapons designed to kill people"

The fact is that every firearm was designed for war. Every fucking one. Those used in hunting are derivatives of those used for warfare.

The firearm is a weapon of war.

These motherfuckers don't get it.

My post does not at all fit my premise. My post says that if the founders knew what we did now, they would make the 2nd amendment much more specific and with sensible restrictions because they were not morons like republicans are now. You’re welcome for explaining this to you.
How do you fucking know?

Have you ever heard of the puckle gun?

They all knew about it. Jefferson even ordered a couple of them. So don't sit here and say these guys did not foresee advancements in technology and warfare weapons.

You are full of shit.

It really doesn’t matter what the definition of assault rifles are or if you think the term is erroneous. What matters is what guns are capable of doing. What you call them really doesn’t matter.

Also, you’re talking about a population contained to 13 colonies. Many of them did not own guns even if it was legal to do so. Many sure as hell did not have cannons simply because it was legal. Realistically, a severe mass shooting wouldn’t happen because of how easy it would be to stop the shooter who was taking 8 seconds to reload inbetween single shots. It’s stupid to assume conditions for gun violence was even remotely compareable. So yeah, if semi automatic weapons existed back then or MILLIONS of people already owned guns of any kind because it was so easy to get them, it is safe to assume you would see very different gun laws.
What matters is what's written in the 2nd amendment. None of your blubbering about "assault rifles" amounts to a hill of beans.

Last edited:
My post does not at all fit my premise. My post says that if the founders knew what we did now, they would make the 2nd amendment much more specific and with sensible restrictions because they were not morons like republicans are now. You’re welcome for explaining this to you.
No they wouldn't. They had principles. They weren't politicians.

Tex,

Other Countries don't this problem to the extent of US.. Actually they are rare... US it is weekly if not daily...

In Europe gun owners are very supportive of gun laws (even more so than the general population), they know the they generally have a gun for hobby or work... If someone misuses a gun then the restrictions get tougher... In Europe they don't have a gun lobby to bow down too, citizens are very clear, kids before guns...

Example: the Norway shooting a few years back, he shooter got his gun by modifying a replica gun from Germany. Before everyone got Germany in a room and told them to change the law, Germany change the law... Germans felt embarrassed that the gun was source in there country through a dodgy legal loophole.

This is the difference, there is no strong gun lobby in Europe... They have no stranglehold over the money politicians raise, Politicians don't need to raise that much if at all...

When it comes to Guns in Europe, the leaders do what the people want... 90% of America want universal background checks.

Tends to prove our suspicion that this is all psyops.

I posted another one. The Israelis are smarter than we are.

The article is deliberately deceptive.
The reality is that Israel has universal IDF participation, except for Hassidim, so almost everyone is eligible and has had the necessary training.
You do not have to use defense as a basis for need, but can just join a firearms club.
There is never any problem getting firearms permit in Israel, unless you are Arab.
It is way easier than in the US, where anyone political can be denied without even being told why.

The article is deliberately deceptive.
The reality is that Israel has universal IDF participation, except for Hassidim, so almost everyone is eligible and has had the necessary training.
You do not have to use defense as a basis for need, but can just join a firearms club.
There is never any problem getting firearms permit in Israel, unless you are Arab.
It is way easier than in the US, where anyone political can be denied without even being told why.
They have done a good job.

Forum List

Back