What is the definition of "assault weapon?"

That's simply a lie, the AR platform has been the most popular selling hunting platform of all for two full decades and are preferred by hog, varmint, and predator hunters because of the rapid follow up shots.
Do you think you could stand being inconvenienced to save lives?

It's 3000 acres and backs up to another huge acreage.. basically forest.
So what? Wild and Feral animals are not lazy, the tend to move throughout the day and night and are not limited to a single property, even a large one.

I can walk across a 3000 acre place in an hour, most wild animals walk considerably faster.

Do you think you could stand being inconvenienced to save lives?
Why should I be when you can't show any of these "sensible gun laws" are going to save any lives at all?

By that theory we should all accept 20mph speed limits because we know that as speeds increase deaths increase in car accidents.

Why should I be when you can't show any of these "sensible gun laws" are going to save any lives at all?

By that theory we should all accept 20mph speed limits because we know that as speeds increase deaths increase in car accidents.
They work in Israel and Switzerland... Probably in Scandinavia. Automobile accident are accidents. Guess you don't see the difference.

So what? Wild and Feral animals are not lazy, the tend to move throughout the day and night and are not limited to a single property, even a large one.

I can walk across a 3000 acre place in an hour, most wild animals walk considerably faster.
Good.

A few years back I spotted a very large boar. In the truck I had a .375 Ruger, the same rifle I hunt large and dangerous game such as croc, hippo, and cape buffalo with in Africa.

At 350yds I put a perfect double lung sot into him and thought, "yippee" Just as I did he started charging in my direction.

At 100yds I put one right between his shoulders which dropped him for a few seconds but again he got up and continued the charge.

As he passed by me I put another shot through one lung and his liver.

He disappeared into some brush so I went and got a dog.

I returned about 15 minutes later with the dog and went in after him.

He came out very angry and I finished him with a shot to the head.

I'd have been much better off that day with my AR in 260 or one of my M1A's in 7.62x51mm.

Best to have a semi auto of some sort if you're going to be on the ground with them or things can go bad very quickly.
While I am not a hunter, I agree. I have seen hogs run through brush and they are FAST critters.

While I am not a hunter, I agree. I have seen hogs run through brush and they are FAST critters.
I've paced them on a 4 wheeler at between 35-40mph for a couple of hundred yards.

For many years I hunted them horseback and would chase them down like I was going to rope them and shoot them with a .44mag or 10mm SA. Makes for some exciding, tricky riding.

And how many people owned or had access to such weapons? Just because they existed did not mean they were easily accessible to the general population.
An assault weapon definition could be is of
Certain calibare or higher (eg 5.56 NATO round or a .223 caliber)
A capable fire rate even if semi automatic (e.g. 60 rounds per min)

Simply define one... Don't get caught up in the word 'assault'... These type of guns need special type of licence/permit to own...

Tex,

Other Countries don't this problem to the extent of US.. Actually they are rare... US it is weekly if not daily...

In Europe gun owners are very supportive of gun laws (even more so than the general population), they know the they generally have a gun for hobby or work... If someone misuses a gun then the restrictions get tougher... In Europe they don't have a gun lobby to bow down too, citizens are very clear, kids before guns...

Example: the Norway shooting a few years back, he shooter got his gun by modifying a replica gun from Germany. Before everyone got Germany in a room and told them to change the law, Germany change the law... Germans felt embarrassed that the gun was source in there country through a dodgy legal loophole.

This is the difference, there is no strong gun lobby in Europe... They have no stranglehold over the money politicians raise, Politicians don't need to raise that much if at all...

When it comes to Guns in Europe, the leaders do what the people want... 90% of America want universal background checks.

Tex,

Other Countries don't this problem to the extent of US.. Actually they are rare... US it is weekly if not daily...

In Europe gun owners are very supportive of gun laws (even more so than the general population), they know the they generally have a gun for hobby or work... If someone misuses a gun then the restrictions get tougher... In Europe they don't have a gun lobby to bow down too, citizens are very clear, kids before guns...

Example: the Norway shooting a few years back, he shooter got his gun by modifying a replica gun from Germany. Before everyone got Germany in a room and told them to change the law, Germany change the law... Germans felt embarrassed that the gun was source in there country through a dodgy legal loophole.

This is the difference, there is no strong gun lobby in Europe... They have no stranglehold over the money politicians raise, Politicians don't need to raise that much if at all...

When it comes to Guns in Europe, the leaders do what the people want... 90% of America want universal background checks.

If the idiots in state and federal governments actually enforced the gun laws we have on the books we would have far less crime

Tex,

90% of Americans don't know what a UBC is.

Europe doesn't have constitutions protecting their most basic rights such as the right to privacy and right to keep and bear.

If I want to trade guns with a friend or family member it's nobody's business but ours.

If one of us commits a crime with that weapon, the other can be held liable.

Given that the right to keep and bear arms was a counterbalance to the power of a federal army, banning "assault rifles" makes no sense. A reminder, from Federalist 46 by Madison -

"Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence."

Given that the right to keep and bear arms was a counterbalance to the power of a federal army, banning "assault rifles" makes no sense. A reminder, from Federalist 46 by Madison -

"Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence."

The so called assault weapons bas was nothing but a prohibition on cosmetic doodads attached to rifles

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.
Puckle_gun_advertisement.jpg

so you found an opinion article that is openly attacking a mindset.

that isn't journalism or factually based. it's placating how you feel.
I posted another one. The Israelis are smarter than we are.

AR's are not machine guns. Only fully automatic weapons can be classified as "machine guns'.
Fuck these assholes. We need to FORCE a repeal and GET full autos NOW. The only way to shut these motherfuckers up is to take away what they currently have. They don't know when to leave well enough alone.

We need full autos.

Forum List

Back