What is the Deep State?

Casey just keeps exposing it...outstanding column.

The Deep State is an extremely powerful network that controls nearly everything around you. You wonā€™t read about it in the news because it controls the news. Politicians wonā€™t talk about it publicly. That would be like a mobster discussing murder and robbery on the 6 oā€™clock news. You could say the Deep State is hidden, but itā€™s only hidden in plain sight.

The Deep State is the source of every negative thing thatā€™s happening right now. To survive the coming rough times, itā€™s essential for you to know what itā€™s all about.

On one hand you claim the Deep State is an extremely powerful network and yet, Doug Casey claims ......The American Deep State is a real, but informal, structure that has arisen to not just profit from, but control, the State.

So what is it?

A bunch of people operating with their own goals or a powerful network with leadership, an objective and command structure?

I look at Deep State as just a rehash of the NWO paranoia for conspiracy theorists?
Why is it people in Govt who commit crimes, are always shielded from jail time. Everyday people who refuse to surrender, or destroy evidence, lie to investigators and conspire with others to obstruct justice go to jail. why is Mrs. Clinton not in jail?

Who in Government has committed a crime and not been punished?
Idiot

I find it rather instructive that many on the Left dispute that it even exists. They think this way because the DNCMSM has told them it doesnā€™t exist, which is most convenient for their cause. Adherents of the MSM apparently canā€™t see the transparent effort to deceive them. It is not only instructive of the success of the DNCMSM to deceive some Americans for the benefit of their bosses, it is also rather amusing that some Americans canā€™t see the elephant in the room. They must be blind on purpose.

Doug Casey spells it out...please read the entire column.

Doug Casey: The Deep State Is the Source of Our Economic Problems

Who Is Part of the Deep State?

The American Deep State is a real, but informal, structure that has arisen to not just profit from, but control, the State.

The Deep State has a life of its own, like the government itself. Itā€™s composed of top-echelon employees of a dozen Praetorian agencies, like the FBI, CIA, and NSAā€¦ top generals, admirals, and other military operativesā€¦ long-term congressmen and senatorsā€¦ and directors of important regulatory agencies.

But the Deep State is much broader than just the government. It includes the heads of major corporations, all of whom are heavily involved in selling to the State and enabling it. That absolutely includes Silicon Valley, although those guys at least have a sense of humor, evidenced by their ā€œDonā€™t Be Evilā€ motto. It also includes all the top people in the Fed, and the heads of all the major banks, brokers, and insurers. Add the presidents and many professors at top universities, which act as Deep State recruiting centersā€¦ all the top media figures, of courseā€¦ and many regulars at things like Bohemian Grove and the Council on Foreign Relations. They epitomize the status quo, held together by power, money, and propaganda.

Altogether, Iā€™ll guess these people number a thousand or so. You might analogize the structure of the Deep State with a huge pack of dogs. The people Iā€™ve just described are the top dogs.

But there are hundreds of thousands more who arenā€™t at the nexus, but who directly depend on them, have considerable clout, and support the Deep State because it supports them. This includes many of the wealthy, especially those who got that way thanks to their State connectionsā€¦ the 1.5 million people who have top secret clearances (thatā€™s a shocking, but accurate, number)ā€¦ plus top players in organized crime, especially the illegal drug business, little of which would exist without the State. Plus mid-level types in the police and military, corporations, and non-governmental organizations.

These are what you might call the running dogs.

https://www.caseyresearch.com/artic...state-is-the-source-of-our-economic-problems/

A fairy tale along the same lines as Santa and the tooth fairy.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
The Left once knew there was hidden powers, not so much anymore. I wonder why.

Nadler is holding William Barr in Contempt for refusing to break the law and declassify information that is against the law to divulge. And people are letting him get away with it. the DNC marionettes in the FBI are their best weaponized destroyers of the Trump administration.
FYI- that IS NOT why Barr is being held in contempt of congress

On Wednesday afternoon, the Oversight Committee passed a contempt resolution on a 24-15 vote for both Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, specifically because the Trump administration is not complying with the committeeā€™s subpoena request for information on why they added a US citizenship question to the 2020 census. Republican Rep. Justin Amash (MI), a vocal supporter of impeaching President Trump, voted with Democrats.

As Voxā€™s Dara Lind explained, the decision to add the citizenship question was a controversial move, and one that the US Supreme Court is set to issue a ruling on this term. A group of states sued the administration over concern that the question could scare off immigrants from filling out the census questionnaire, and thus throw off the population data thatā€™s used to draw House districts for the next 10 years.

Thereā€™s also evidence that Republicans may have been trying to give themselves an electoral advantage through this move; unearthed court files showing that late Republican redistricting strategist Thomas Hofeller ā€œplayed a significant role in orchestrating the addition of the citizenship question to the 2020 Decennial Census to create a structural electoral advantage for, in his own words, ā€˜Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites.ā€™ā€

While these states and the Trump administration await the Supreme Court ruling, Oversight Committee Chair Elijah Cummings (D-MD) and his committee members have been trying to learn more about why the citizenship question was added at all, seeking documents and witnesses from the administration to get answers.

Of course, they havenā€™t been successful ā€” the Trump administration has refused to comply with the committeeā€™s requests, as it has with all other congressional subpoenas. On Wednesday, the administration asserted sweeping executive privilege to block the committeeā€™s access to documents related to the census.

That brings us to todayā€™s committee vote, when Cummings will use the power the full House gave him Wednesday to hold Barr and Ross in contempt of Congress and pursue legal action of his own.

ā€œIt does not matter what the topic is ā€” the tactics are the same,ā€ Cummings said in recent remarks. ā€œAnd this begs the question ā€” what are they hiding?ā€

The census investigation speaks to a larger pattern of obstruction by the Trump administration

read the rest HERE: House committee votes that attorney general and commerce secretary be held in contempt of Congress
The Progressives don't want to question asked, so they can claim many more people legal or not in their state so that they can gain more power in the Congress.....The Republican want only legal citizens be counted in the states to have only Americans be counted so that a fair seats in congress will have the power.
The problem with what the republicans WANT, is that it breaks the Constitution of the United States, which CLEARLY states that ALL PEOPLE, citizens and NON CITIZENS must be counted in the census so that Representation and districts can be allotted....

Republicans are trying to skirt around the Constitution.... for their own political advantage, Democrats are the ones following it.

Nadler is holding William Barr in Contempt for refusing to break the law and declassify information that is against the law to divulge. And people are letting him get away with it. the DNC marionettes in the FBI are their best weaponized destroyers of the Trump administration.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Oversight Committee passed a contempt resolution on a 24-15 vote for both Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, specifically because the Trump administration is not complying with the committeeā€™s subpoena request for information on why they added a US citizenship question to the 2020 census. Republican Rep. Justin Amash (MI), a vocal supporter of impeaching President Trump, voted with Democrats.

As Voxā€™s Dara Lind explained, the decision to add the citizenship question was a controversial move, and one that the US Supreme Court is set to issue a ruling on this term. A group of states sued the administration over concern that the question could scare off immigrants from filling out the census questionnaire, and thus throw off the population data thatā€™s used to draw House districts for the next 10 years.

Thereā€™s also evidence that Republicans may have been trying to give themselves an electoral advantage through this move; unearthed court files showing that late Republican redistricting strategist Thomas Hofeller ā€œplayed a significant role in orchestrating the addition of the citizenship question to the 2020 Decennial Census to create a structural electoral advantage for, in his own words, ā€˜Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites.ā€™ā€

While these states and the Trump administration await the Supreme Court ruling, Oversight Committee Chair Elijah Cummings (D-MD) and his committee members have been trying to learn more about why the citizenship question was added at all, seeking documents and witnesses from the administration to get answers.

Of course, they havenā€™t been successful ā€” the Trump administration has refused to comply with the committeeā€™s requests, as it has with all other congressional subpoenas. On Wednesday, the administration asserted sweeping executive privilege to block the committeeā€™s access to documents related to the census.

That brings us to todayā€™s committee vote, when Cummings will use the power the full House gave him Wednesday to hold Barr and Ross in contempt of Congress and pursue legal action of his own.

ā€œIt does not matter what the topic is ā€” the tactics are the same,ā€ Cummings said in recent remarks. ā€œAnd this begs the question ā€” what are they hiding?ā€

The census investigation speaks to a larger pattern of obstruction by the Trump administration

read the rest HERE: House committee votes that attorney general and commerce secretary be held in contempt of Congress
The Progressives don't want to question asked, so they can claim many more people legal or not in their state so that they can gain more power in the Congress.....The Republican want only legal citizens be counted in the states to have only Americans be counted so that a fair seats in congress will have the power.
The problem with what the republicans WANT, is that it breaks the Constitution of the United States, which CLEARLY states that ALL PEOPLE, citizens and NON CITIZENS must be counted in the census so that Representation and districts can be allotted....

Republicans are trying to skirt around the Constitution.... for their own political advantage, Democrats are the ones following it.
Origins of the Democrat Party:
PBS. The Democratic Party was formed in 1792, when supporters of Thomas Jefferson began using the name Republicans, or Jeffersonian Republicans, to emphasize its anti-aristocratic policies. It adopted its present name during the Presidency of Andrew Jackson in the 1830s.

The Indian Removal Act was signed into law on May 28, 1830, by United States President Andrew Jackson. The law authorized the president to negotiate with southern Native American tribes for their removal to federal territory west of the Mississippi River in exchange for white settlement of their ancestral lands.
Origins of the Republican Party:
US History.org A historical overview of the origins of the Republican party, formed in 1856 as a political instrument to oppose slavery.

Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican president in the history of the United States; under his leadership and the leadership of a Republican Congress, slavery was banned in the United States in 1865. The Party was usually dominant over the Democrats during the Third Party System and Fourth Party System.
I don't see parties the same as you, Cares4All, but I will never, never join the Democrat Party because of what I heard what young Democrats did to black men and women who were registering to vote on a vacation trip I took to Mississippi in the early 60s. They sent teenage boys to the area where blacks were to scare the hell out of them about voting, to keep them away from the polls. I recall this because I had a date with one of the boys and got stood up. The Democrats of that little town in Mississippi considered routing black people out of their rights to vote with violence, which I thought was a pretty crummy deal. It also changed the path of my life. After that, when I went home, I noticed a lot of my friends were involved in the same kind of shabby treatment of black people. I overheard two men in my own church beneath the staircase hating on black people, saying they were going to vote Democrats who'd promised to eliminate the problem. The entire situation turned my stomach, but I kept it to myself, because they were quick to abandon being friends with anyone who went against the pack. I simply left the pack and did my homework. I felt pity for blacks. I thought we who had intact families should have treated them better. My dear mother pointed out the fact that the maid (who earned very little money) had 4 children by different fathers. That was early sixties for ya. People knew about bad stuff going on for blacks, but they felt their hands tied because the mob had a way of denouncing any friend who stood up for a black person, no matter how right the reason. Some towns nearby had curfews for black people after 6pm, they were not to be on the street. Some freedom.

So you can play up all the bad stuff Republicans do all you want to and ignore the ignominies of the Democrats. I will not be joining the vicious recitations against Republicans for any reason whatsoever.

Origins of the Democrat Party:
PBS. The Democratic Party was formed in 1792, when supporters of Thomas Jefferson began using the name Republicans, or Jeffersonian Republicans, to emphasize its anti-aristocratic policies. It adopted its present name during the Presidency of Andrew Jackson in the 1830s.

The Indian Removal Act was signed into law on May 28, 1830, by United States President Andrew Jackson. The law authorized the president to negotiate with southern Native American tribes for their removal to federal territory west of the Mississippi River in exchange for white settlement of their ancestral lands.
Origins of the Republican Party:
US History.org A historical overview of the origins of the Republican party, formed in 1856 as a political instrument to oppose slavery.

Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican president in the history of the United States; under his leadership and the leadership of a Republican Congress, slavery was banned in the United States in 1865. The Party was usually dominant over the Democrats during the Third Party System and Fourth Party System.
I don't see parties the same as you, Cares4All, but I will never, never join the Democrat Party because of what I heard what young Democrats did to black men and women who were registering to vote on a vacation trip I took to Mississippi in the early 60s. They sent teenage boys to the area where blacks were to scare the hell out of them about voting, to keep them away from the polls. I recall this because I had a date with one of the boys and got stood up. The Democrats of that little town in Mississippi considered routing black people out of their rights to vote with violence, which I thought was a pretty crummy deal. It also changed the path of my life. After that, when I went home, I noticed a lot of my friends were involved in the same kind of shabby treatment of black people. I overheard two men in my own church beneath the staircase hating on black people, saying they were going to vote Democrats who'd promised to eliminate the problem. The entire situation turned my stomach, but I kept it to myself, because they were quick to abandon being friends with anyone who went against the pack. I simply left the pack and did my homework. I felt pity for blacks. I thought we who had intact families should have treated them better. My dear mother pointed out the fact that the maid (who earned very little money) had 4 children by different fathers. That was early sixties for ya. People knew about bad stuff going on for blacks, but they felt their hands tied because the mob had a way of denouncing any friend who stood up for a black person, no matter how right the reason. Some towns nearby had curfews for black people after 6pm, they were not to be on the street. Some freedom.

So you can play up all the bad stuff Republicans do all you want to and ignore the ignominies of the Democrats. I will not be joining the vicious recitations against Republicans for any reason whatsoever.

Those democrats in 1960 in Mississippi that did that, ARE NOW Republicans.... you do know that, don't you?

I don't hold a grudge that far back, for either party, and it certainly would have no part in my decision today of who to support in politics, Becky.

I don't think all Republicans are bad or evil, my husband is a Republican, life long, for 40 years now... And I love him from head to toe, heart, body and soul.

Look no further than America's insane wealth redistribution of the 1% of the top1% for who controls us.

Any given potus/congress is their b*tch, along with the facade of parties, and illusion of freedom

~S~

I find it rather instructive that many on the Left dispute that it even exists. They think this way because the DNCMSM has told them it doesnā€™t exist, which is most convenient for their cause. Adherents of the MSM apparently canā€™t see the transparent effort to deceive them. It is not only instructive of the success of the DNCMSM to deceive some Americans for the benefit of their bosses, it is also rather amusing that some Americans canā€™t see the elephant in the room. They must be blind on purpose.

The American Deep State is a real, but informal, structure that has arisen to not just profit from, but control, the State.

The Deep State has a life of its own, like the government itself. Itā€™s composed of top-echelon employees of a dozen Praetorian agencies, like the FBI, CIA, and NSAā€¦ top generals, admirals, and other military operativesā€¦ long-term congressmen and senatorsā€¦ and directors of important regulatory agencies.

But the Deep State is much broader than just the government. It includes the heads of major corporations, all of whom are heavily involved in selling to the State and enabling it. That absolutely includes Silicon Valley, although those guys at least have a sense of humor, evidenced by their ā€œDonā€™t Be Evilā€ motto. It also includes all the top people in the Fed, and the heads of all the major banks, brokers, and insurers. Add the presidents and many professors at top universities, which act as Deep State recruiting centersā€¦ all the top media figures, of courseā€¦ and many regulars at things like Bohemian Grove and the Council on Foreign Relations. They epitomize the status quo, held together by power, money, and propaganda.

Altogether, Iā€™ll guess these people number a thousand or so. You might analogize the structure of the Deep State with a huge pack of dogs. The people Iā€™ve just described are the top dogs.

But there are hundreds of thousands more who arenā€™t at the nexus, but who directly depend on them, have considerable clout, and support the Deep State because it supports them. This includes many of the wealthy, especially those who got that way thanks to their State connectionsā€¦ the 1.5 million people who have top secret clearances (thatā€™s a shocking, but accurate, number)ā€¦ plus top players in organized crime, especially the illegal drug business, little of which would exist without the State. Plus mid-level types in the police and military, corporations, and non-governmental organizations.

https://www.caseyresearch.com/artic...state-is-the-source-of-our-economic-problems/

:itsok:

Do you know why?

Do you know why?

Oh, there are hidden powers, but there is no deep state.

The deep state is just a boogieman, one that grows each and every day. Some moron on this very site added the ERS to the "deep state"! :21::21::21::21:

I do not know anything about why the left does anything, they make no more sense than you far right wingnuts do.

While you and your little conspiracy theory are cute, it is just a fantasy.

Do you know why?

The deep state is just a boogieman, one that grows each and every day. Some moron on this very site added the ERS to the "deep state"! :21::21::21::21:

I do not know anything about why the left does anything, they make no more sense than you far right wingnuts do.

As I thought another clueless lefty. Everything Doug Casey states in his column is true. One has to be purposely blind not to see it.

Do you know why?

As I thought another clueless lefty. Everything Doug Casey states in his column is true. One has to be purposely blind not to see it.

:21: :itsok:

You wingnuts just have to have your conspiracy theories to keep you warm at night!

Do you know why?

You wingnuts just have to have your conspiracy theories to keep you warm at night!
Itā€™s amazing how the Left has become so lazy.

Do you know why?

I guess admitting the obvious, that the deep State exists, somehow means Trump is right in the small minds of the left. Canā€™t EVER admit Trump is right. The MSM promotes this lie and good little toadies accept it.

I believe that "Deep State" is the formal name of the boogieman that lives in the Lincoln Bedroom closet.

Do you know why?

...The MSM promotes this lie and good little toadies accept it.

The MSM is a propaganda outlet of the deep state

Operation Mockingbird just made it 'official'

:popcorn:

Yes and yet few Americans know of Operation Mockingbird, yet it was exposed by the Church Committee and others back in the 1970s. Amazingly nothing was done to terminate this transparent criminality. Now we have the NSA spying on all Americans in a clear violation of the Constitution, and nothing is done to stop it.

And...Today we have idiots who claim the Deep State doesnā€™t exist.

..Amazingly nothing was done to terminate this transparent criminality.

That's not amazing at all, who do you think should end the CIA crime syndicate.... people like JFK perhaps?
..And...Today we have idiots who claim the Deep State doesnā€™t exist.

They're not really idiots, more indoctrinated, loyal puppets unwilling to give up their comfortable beliefs in democracy, justice and the murican dream... all will be well if they vote for hope & change next time...you'll see..

:banana:

There may very well be a "deep state" if so they absolutely love a guy like Trump who favors plutocracy and no real accountability for big business. In Trump's case though the "deep state" is just a fantasy entity to stand in for his battle against the rule of law.

..Amazingly nothing was done to terminate this transparent criminality.

That's not amazing at all, who do you think should end the CIA crime syndicate.... people like JFK perhaps?
..And...Today we have idiots who claim the Deep State doesnā€™t exist.

They're not really idiots, more indoctrinated, loyal puppets unwilling to give up their comfortable beliefs in democracy, justice and the murican dream... all will be well if they vote for hope & change next time...you'll see..

:banana:
JFK intended too, but got his head shot off. Weird.

Yes I agree there are way too many indoctrinated Americans. To be an adult and still believe the crap we were told about our government in grade school, one has to be living in denial.

Forum List

Back