CDZ What is the Compromise to Roe v Wade?

I'm sorry--- tell me again when contraception and sex education (sans the grooming) was ever OFF the table?
It is in many red states where sex education is not mandated, or opt in only, or limited to abstinance only.

Not getting a transplant is not actively killing something with intent, so the comparison doesn't work.

They can give up those rights, but the government can punish them if they don't do it through legal channels.
Sure it is. You know your child will die without tbe transplant, yet you refuse.

Abortion…you know your child will die if removed from your body. Same thing.

Congress should've stepped in 50 years ago. There's some question as to whether this issue ought to be resolved at the state level and let them go their own way vs federal legislation. Not everything has to be or ought to be a constitutional right, maybe we are better off allowing Congress and/or the states to create their own rights and modify them as needed in the future.
A patchwork of rights would be a nightmare.

S.4132 allows a late term abortion whether or not the mother's life is at risk. And the rarity of such occurrences does not justify leaving them out of the legislation. Late term abortions should be against the law, absent a major risk to the mother's life. That should be codified in any legislation that allows abortions, but democrats won't step up to that limitation. In many blue states a late term abortion is legal under any circumstances, so again you do know people who believe that killing babies is ok.

And BTW, the pro-abortion-rights Guttmacher Institute puts the number at roughly 12,000 late-term abortions per year. That was back in 2019. That's a lot of dead babies.
Did it say why?

It is in many red states where sex education is not mandated, or opt in only, or limited to abstinance only.

No matter. I never had nor needed any "sex education" in grade school. I never needed any condoms over a cucumber. I didn't need any "gender clarification" nor guidance. I knew just what I liked and wanted: girls. I went to school to learn to read, write, learn math, history, science and geography, and I can make the case that I turned out very well.

IMO, sex education ought to remain the domain of parental responsibility, though I don't recall even much of that from my folks. Sex isn't rocket science and IMO, at best, assuming voted on in the affirmative by the community, schools ought to offer classes on the subject to any kids who ELECT to want to take it, not be required.

A man and a woman are stranded on a deserted island. Please explain how abortion works if they decided to ignore basic sex education.

It's an extremely simple subject, those who can't make the choice at the start are causing the issue.
Where there is a will, there is a way.

No matter. I never had nor needed any "sex education" in grade school. I never needed any condoms over a cucumber. I didn't need any "gender clarification" nor guidance. I knew just what I liked and wanted: girls. I went to school to learn to read, write, learn math, history, science and geography, and I can make the case that I turned out very well.

IMO, sex education ought to remain the domain of parental responsibility, though I don't recall even much of that from my folks. Sex isn't rocket science and IMO, at best, assuming voted on in the affirmative by the community, schools ought to offer classes on the subject to any kids who ELECT to want to take it, not be required.
Well, all good until a kid gets pregnant…

Did it say why?

I found this.

The Guttmacher Institute also surveyed a large number of women obtaining late abortions and asked them their reasons for doing so. It found:

• Only about one percent of second- and third-trimester abortions are performed for fetal anomalies, or eugenics
  • One-third (31%) of the women surveyed said that they misjudged how far along they were
  • One-fourth (27%) said that they found it hard to arrange an earlier abortion
  • 14% said that they were afraid to tell their parents or their “partner”
  • The rest gave reasons such as taking their time to decide or waiting for a change in their relationship. [8]
Remember that Planned Parenthood claims that all partial-birth abortions are done for fatal birth defects or to save the life of the mother. It turns out that the actual number done for these reasons is about one percent.

HLI is a pro-life organization. Here is the footnote [8]

[8] Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. “After-Birth Abortion: Why Should the Baby Live?” British Medical Journal Online, March 2, 2012.

Also found this:

1653704177113.png

I could not verify those Guttmacher numbers for reasons why women have a late term abortion, but frankly I think the HLI data is pretty close even if outdated. How many times was the mother's health really in danger? Don't know, probably never will but I do not believe most of them are medically justified.

I found this.

The Guttmacher Institute also surveyed a large number of women obtaining late abortions and asked them their reasons for doing so. It found:

• Only about one percent of second- and third-trimester abortions are performed for fetal anomalies, or eugenics
  • One-third (31%) of the women surveyed said that they misjudged how far along they were
  • One-fourth (27%) said that they found it hard to arrange an earlier abortion
  • 14% said that they were afraid to tell their parents or their “partner”
  • The rest gave reasons such as taking their time to decide or waiting for a change in their relationship. [8]
Remember that Planned Parenthood claims that all partial-birth abortions are done for fatal birth defects or to save the life of the mother. It turns out that the actual number done for these reasons is about one percent.

HLI is a pro-life organization. Here is the footnote [8]

[8] Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. “After-Birth Abortion: Why Should the Baby Live?” British Medical Journal Online, March 2, 2012.

Also found this:

View attachment 650742

I could not verify those Guttmacher numbers for reasons why women have a late term abortion, but frankly I think the HLI data is pretty close even if outdated. How many times was the mother's health really in danger? Don't know, probably never will but I do not believe most of them are medically justified.
I'm a bit skeptical. because it is combining 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions. Late term is generally 3rd (though it is more accurate to go by weeks instead of trimesters)...but I think 24 weeks is considered viable, so anything at that point on should be tightly regulated. Why do they use the word eugenics? Also they claim that PP says ALL partial birth abortions (itself a often misused term) are the result of fetal abnormalities and I can't find anywhere they claimed that. Late term elective abortions are extremely rare and heavily regulated in most states.

Forum List

Back