What is racist, and what is not?

These threads are awash with accusations of racism, so it might be helpful to give examples of what is truly a racist statement (or political position) and what is not.

Racist:

1. Saying that blacks are inherently lazy or less intelligent
2. Wanting to belong to a country club that doesn’t allow blacks as members
3. Not hiring the best qualified person for a job because he is black and going with the 2nd-best because he is white

Not racist:

1. Being opposed to affirmative action because it favors one race above others and thus adjusts standards down for that particular race
2. Pointing out that there is an overcompensation for the false belief of systemic racism, which comes at the detriment of whites, from the overrepresentation of blacks in commercials to the announcement by a company (or the president!) that whites need not apply
3. Saying that blacks stuck in poverty are so for the same reasons as whites - having babies out of wedlock and not completing their education - and it does a disservice to blame racism
Crying about black people in ads...............racist.

Wanting our television shows and commercials to realistically reflect our population percentages is certainly NOT racist.

Blacks are about 13% of the population. And they certainly should get 13% of the acting jobs. BUT, what is happening today is runaway social engineering. It's disgusting.

I want television and other media to honestly reflect our society. I do NOT want to see a black person every time I look at my TV screen.

Right now, our TV programming and ads look as if they were produced in some African shithole. And it's sure as Hell not what I want to see.

Filling our TV screens with blacks, is what IS racist.

Applying different standards to people based on race Is what is racist.
Nope. Sometimes you have good reason to treat groups of people differently, like when a society has spent centuries oppressing and discriminating a certain group of people. Context matters greatly because racism isn't just about treating people differently based on race, it's treating them differently based on negative feelings towards that race.

Its like complaining about programs that help the poor because they don't help the wealthy, the context of them being poor is important. You Lisa want to pretend racism never existed, it did. We have programs to help black Americans because they have been historical mistreated and discriminated against. Acknowledging that isn't racist, not acknowledging it is.

Pointing out the disproportionate amount of ads featuring 13% of the population - an example of overcompensation.

Last edited:
Wanting our television shows and commercials to realistically reflect our population percentages is certainly NOT racist.

Blacks are about 13% of the population. And they certainly should get 13% of the acting jobs. BUT, what is happening today is runaway social engineering. It's disgusting.

I want television and other media to honestly reflect our society. I do NOT want to see a black person every time I look at my TV screen.

Right now, our TV programming and ads look as if they were produced in some African shithole. And it's sure as Hell not what I want to see.

Thanks. And the fact that the leftist calls the observation of the favoritism toward blacks “racist“ shows how determined they are to silence those who speak up against the TRUE racism.

Take the example of models, where at least half are black, and lately, the MAJORITY are black, when they represent 13% of the population. Think how much easier a black model is to get hired! Here, most spots are reserved for the slim minority she belongs to.

Now look at it from the white model’s side. Here she is, the majority population, and yet the majority of hires are reserved for the slim minority, with a minority of spots reserved for whites.

And course, it gets even worse when a president announces point blank that whites will not even be considered at all for a role.

Whining about commercials is sad and racist. Commercials do represent our population.

Thanks. And the fact that the leftist calls the observation of the favoritism toward blacks “racist“ shows how determined they are to silence those who speak up against the TRUE racism.

Take the example of models, where at least half are black, and lately, the MAJORITY are black, when they represent 13% of the population. Think how much easier a black model is to get hired! Here, most spots are reserved for the slim minority she belongs to.

Now look at it from the white model’s side. Here she is, the majority population, and yet the majority of hires are reserved for the slim minority, with a minority of spots reserved for whites.

And course, it gets even worse when a president announces point blank that whites will not even be considered at all for a role.
There is no favoritism towards blacks. The president noticed that 7 of the supreme court justices were white. Whites had been considered and appointed.

Whining about commercials is sad and racist. Commercials do represent our population.
Commercials SHOULD represent our population, but they don’t. Not when every other commercial is of a black couple, a bi-racial couple, or a black individual.

There’s something off when Turbo Tax sends out an email blast to potential customers, with three stories of three happy customers. The first one is of a black female, today’s favored minority. The second is of ANOTHER black female. The third is of a black male. That’s it. Not one white when they are 65% of the population.

Same thing with the makeup store. There is something wrong when there are four shelves of hair conditioning products, and each shelf shows a happy customer. Shelf 1: black woman. Shelf 2: another black woman. Shelf 3: another black woman. Shelf 4: another black woman.

Leftists are acting as though whites don’t even exist.

Commercials SHOULD represent our population, but they don’t. Not when every other commercial is of a black couple, a bi-racial couple, or a black individual.

There’s something off when Turbo Tax sends out an email blast to potential customers, with three stories of three happy customers. The first one is of a black female, today’s favored minority. The second is of ANOTHER black female. The third is of a black male. That’s it. Not one white when they are 65% of the population.

Same thing with the makeup store. There is something wrong when there are four shelves of hair conditioning products, and each shelf shows a happy customer. Shelf 1: black woman. Shelf 2: another black woman. Shelf 3: another black woman. Shelf 4: another black woman.

Leftists are acting as though whites don’t even exist.
Yes they do and I am not going to stoop to your level of stump stupid to argue about TV commercials. Nobody is acting like whites don't exist. Quit whining. Drop the white victimhood. Get rid of your entitlement mentality.

You keep talking about blacks being favored. Provide statistical proof of that.

Or STFU.

Another glaring example of how totally screwed up television casting has become is in daily newscasts.

I've been a "news junkie" since I was young. Politics and the latest big news stories are important and entertaining - especially National News. We have always had loads of choices.

PBS, Cronkite, Nightline, lots of morning news shows. Now, they're unrecognizable.

The last twenty minutes of PBS Nightly News is now thrown away on stories about black people. Usually of NO "news" interest on a local, OR, national level. This time, imo, is just wasted. There are loads of important events that could be covered in that time.

Nightline was another great news show. Always covering the biggest stories in more depth than the earlier shows. Now most of the stories are about blacks. Most of the 'reporters' are black and, imo, what was once a great news program, has gone down the shitter.

I haven't watched the networks' Morning News shows for a long time. Most of the anchors seem to be black, these days. Gail King, etc. I can' t remember the last time I saw an attractive white woman anchoring one of these shows.

Even Judy Woodruff (sp?) once admitted that "looks matter" on news shows. Some people may find that idea offensive, and will probably call it wacist - as they do everything they don't agree with. But it makes sense that people who are going to watch an hour- long news show would probably prefer to watch an anchorperson they find attractive.

Local news often follows the same pattern.

Then there are the TV game shows. Nearly all of them seem to have black hosts. The sets are gawdy, the 'hosts' are loud and clownish, the costumes are beyond childish. American TV has truly become a national garbage can.

It'll Change eventually. When advertisers learn that fewer and fewer people can stand to watch their ridiculous commercials.

Last edited:
Another glaring example of how totally screwed up television casting has become is in daily newscasts.

I've been a "news junkie" since I was young. Politics and the latest big news stories are important and entertaining - especially National News. We have always had loads of choices.

PBS, Cronkite, Nightline, lots of morning news shows. Now, they're unrecognizable.

The last twenty minutes of PBS Nightly News is now thrown away on stories about black people. Usually of NO interest on a national level. This time, imo, is just wasted. There are loads of important events that could be covered in that time.

Nightline was another great news show. Always covering the biggest stories in more depth than the earlier shows. Now most of the stories are about blacks. Most of the 'reporters' are black and, imo, what was once a great news program, has gone down the shitter.

I haven't watched the networks' Morning News shows for a long time. Most of the anchors seem to be black, these days. Gail King, etc. I can' t remember the last time I saw an attractive white woman anchoring one of these shows.

Yes, the disproportionate favoritism toward blacks is clear on the morning talk shows. Typically, on a panel of four, there will be two black women, one black male, and then either a white man or woman.
Even Judy Woodruff (sp?) once admitted that "looks matter" on news shows. Some people may find that idea offensive, and will probably call it wacist - as they do everything they don't agree with. But it makes sense that people who are going to watch an hour- long news show would probably prefer to watch an anchorperson they find attractive.

i can see where looks would matter to an audience.
Then there are the TV game shows. Nearly all of them seem to have black hosts. The sets are gawdy, the 'hosts' are loud and clownish, the costumes are beyond childish. American TV has truly become a national garbage can.

Yup, the game shows. I accidentally landed on Family Feud a few weeks ago (it was an accident!), and I saw the black host, and both families - and both families were black too. The attention and focus given by the media to 13% of the population is ridiculous.
It'll Change eventually. When advertisers learn that fewer and fewer people can stand to watch their ridiculous commercials.

The sooner, the better.

Everything I have read about CRT, which has been taught in colleges and universities for quite some time, leads me to believe that the main point of if is this: that racism is inherent in the law and legal institutions of the United States.

I do not find anywhere that little white kids in K-12 are being taught that they are inherently racist or bad. This is, however, something that has been spread around as another reason to reject something that might actually be helpful if read and digested carefully and with an open rather than a closed mind or heart.
You are either willfully ignorant of what is happening or you are not telling the truth.
It is absolutely being taught in schools across the country & it doesn't have to be called CRT.
If it walks & talks like a duck, it's a duck no matter what you call it.
Excuse me if I won't ignore this blatant racism & the racists who teach it

Just this week, the Manhattan Institute’s Christopher Rufo reported that 30 public school districts in 15 states are teaching a book, Not My Idea, that tells readers that “whiteness” leads white people to make deals with the devil for “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.” White people get to “mess endlessly with the lives of your friends, neighbors, loved ones, and all fellow humans of color for the purpose of profit,” the book adds.

There are plenty of other examples that prove racial essentialism and collective guilt are being taught to young students. In Cupertino, California, an elementary school required third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities. Schools in Buffalo, New York, taught students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism” and had kindergarteners watch a video of dead black children, warning them about “racist police and state-sanctioned violence.” And in Arizona, the state’s education department sent out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5.

You are either willfully ignorant of what is happening or you are not telling the truth.
It is absolutely being taught in schools across the country & it doesn't have to be called CRT.
If it walks & talks like a duck, it's a duck no matter what you call it.
Excuse me if I won't ignore this blatant racism & the racists who teach it

Just this week, the Manhattan Institute’s Christopher Rufo reported that 30 public school districts in 15 states are teaching a book, Not My Idea, that tells readers that “whiteness” leads white people to make deals with the devil for “stolen land, stolen riches, and special favors.” White people get to “mess endlessly with the lives of your friends, neighbors, loved ones, and all fellow humans of color for the purpose of profit,” the book adds.

There are plenty of other examples that prove racial essentialism and collective guilt are being taught to young students. In Cupertino, California, an elementary school required third graders to rank themselves according to the “power and privilege” associated with their ethnicities. Schools in Buffalo, New York, taught students that “all white people” perpetuate “systemic racism” and had kindergarteners watch a video of dead black children, warning them about “racist police and state-sanctioned violence.” And in Arizona, the state’s education department sent out an “equity toolkit” to schools that claimed infants as young as 3 months old can start to show signs of racism and “remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness” by age 5.

What you have shown is not CRT. Now what you need to do is quit reading crap from Rufo and go buy books that accurately show you what the theory is. History records what has been done. Whites should not have done it.

Yes, the disproportionate favoritism toward blacks is clear on the morning talk shows. Typically, on a panel of four, there will be two black women, one black male, and then either a white man or woman.

i can see where looks would matter to an audience.

Yup, the game shows. I accidentally landed on Family Feud a few weeks ago (it was an accident!), and I saw the black host, and both families - and both families were black too. The attention and focus given by the media to 13% of the population is ridiculous.

The sooner, the better.

Your anti black hate is going to cause health problems. You're bitching about a game show on a white owned network, whose executives are primarily white on a game show ran by whites.

The last twenty minutes of PBS Nightly News is now thrown away on stories about black people. Usually of NO "news" interest on a local, OR, national level. This time, imo, is just wasted. There are loads of important events that could be covered in that time.

Whites like you need to see news about the black community to end your racism. You're bitching about a 60 minute show because the last few minutes show something about black people. Do the world a favor, transition to the next life.

I‘m watching a local news show right now. There are five people on the panel. The anchor is black, and he has four guests, of whom three are black.

I‘m watching a local news show right now. There are five people on the panel. The anchor is black, and he has four guests, of whom three are black.
So? The Queen of the racists whining club has spoken.

So? The Queen of the racists whining club has spoken.
And the biggest racist of them all chimes in. The way you denigrate whites is tolerated by the very same people who are calling me a racist for not recognizing racism to the degree they demand.

And the biggest racist of them all chimes in. The way you denigrate whites is tolerated by the very same people who are calling me a racist for not recognizing racism to the degree they demand.

You are the biggest racist. You also are the top whiny victim. I don't denigrate all whites. The non racist whites here see that. I oppose the same thing they do, whites who are racists. Look at your posts, if you honestly don't believe that's racist, you need help with your mental health. Now cease the whining and show me the statistical proof of all this black favoritism.

Forum List

Back