What is a “well-regulated militia” and why are we so sure it refers to everyone?

Okay but if any additional gun control is unconstitutional, should we not just let kids own firearms for the sake of how the constitution works? Kids don’t need permission to have free speech. They have that regardless of what their parents think.
The Parent is responsible for the child until a certain age, so you should first study the age a child advances into adulthood.

Now let me be clear type my name in and the number 25 and discover I believe no one should be considered an adult until they can run for Congress which would mean no one would own a gun until the age of 25 or have their parent permission while the parent is responsible for that person actions…

We get your point. It's not that deep.

We're telling you there is only one way to get the change you want. Change the Constitution. Don't just ignore it.

Why do you intentionally miss this point?
I want to bring up the children point again. Should we make it legal for kids to own and buy firearms regardless of the circumstance? Shouldn’t we for the sake of the constitution and how it is written?! Consequences be damned right? I mean kids already have freedom of speech no matter what.

I want to bring up the children point again. Should we make it legal for kids to own and buy firearms regardless of the circumstance? Shouldn’t we for the sake of the constitution and how it is written?! Consequences be damned right? I mean kids already have freedom of speech no matter what.
What was the minimum age for a militia member during the Revolution? I'm okay with that.

What was the minimum age for a militia member during the Revolution? I'm okay with that.
But if it was higher than age 3, it would still be unconstitutional for kids 3 and up to get guns right now right?

Yes, I noticed you dodged my point.

But if it was higher than age 3, it would still be unconstitutional for kids 3 and up to get guns right now right?

Yes, I noticed you dodged my point.
Your point is nothing more than a gotcha attempt so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.

I have no obligation to give you the answer you want. You're going to have to learn to deal with it.

Your point is nothing more than a gotcha attempt so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.

I have no obligation to give you the answer you want. You're going to have to learn to deal with it.
Perhaps you should just admit you can’t argue the point.

The Parent is responsible for the child until a certain age, so you should first study the age a child advances into adulthood.

Now let me be clear type my name in and the number 25 and discover I believe no one should be considered an adult until they can run for Congress which would mean no one would own a gun until the age of 25 or have their parent permission while the parent is responsible for that person actions…
But see, you’re still making up your own rules as far as the logic of the point goes on what the 2nd amendment guarantees to citizens. Using the same logic, I would tell you this parent rule doesn’t exist in the constitution.

My take on gun control would be highly restrictive but would still definitely fall short of confiscation of current ownership or banning all of them altogether. Of course, if another leftie simply suggested something like limiting capacity OR strict enforcement of national or state background checks is still automatically equated to the mentality of confiscation or banning of all firearms. I mean this shouldn’t be hard to figure out. You all can’t approach the subject with any rationality.
You were neither clear, nor concise.

You offered nothing more than the usual Dimwinger 2A hating claptrap.

Immigrant can’t own a firearm ( 22 Rifle ) for 4 years , after that time frame you get an interview and if you speak Hebrew better than your interviewer then you may be able to get a 22 LR Rifle ( not Centerfire caliber ) and don’t even think of a Handgun as that is out of the question .
But that's a different planet. There's so many IDF and ex-IDF running around that there's no lack of security and protection.

Here, the dumbass fucktard cops put you in handcuffs if you try to help someone, and then they go off and kneel with the communists

Let me know when your reading comprehension skills improve and we’ll revisit the topic.
Says the moron who can’t grasp “THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED” and thinks it means anyone wanting a gun has to join a militia.

Says the moron who can’t grasp “THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED” and thinks it means anyone wanting a gun has to join a militia.
I actually don’t know if it means that or not. I think it is vague and ambiguous. It’s you who is convinced of what it means.

Which is why you have been getting pummeled for this entire thread.
Hell I’ve made it clear many times that i don’t oppose gun ownership. Just telling you like it is on what the amendment says. COULD your interpretation be correct? That’s definitely possible. It’s also possible the people having access to guns only applies to “a well regulated militia.” So far everyone in this thread has failed to explain why the phrase is there or what it means.

Forum List

Back