What Is a Mandolin ?

While a kitchen mandoline is not a musical instrument, if you drop it on the floor, it does make an interesting sound
If you continue to try to derail the thread, I will derail 5 of your threads.
You've also been reported.
Will this go on my permanent record?

Jesus we have quite the crop of buttholes around these parts - No?

Asked of people with little knowledge of it, WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, please state, in 1 sentence, your answer to the title of this OP. Just toss in your best guess.

For those who know the answer, please refrain from posting, so as to not destroy the aim of the thread. Don't worry. We know you're smart.

I never cease to be amazed at how many people, don't know what a mandolin is, or anything about it. I want to get an idea of what causes this.
It's a stringed instrument, why?
Please read OP before posting.

If you DID read the OP, including the 3rd paragragh, then please don't be stupid.

Asked of people with little knowledge of it, WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, please state, in 1 sentence, your answer to the title of this OP. Just toss in your best guess.

For those who know the answer, please refrain from posting, so as to not destroy the aim of the thread. Don't worry. We know you're smart.

I never cease to be amazed at how many people, don't know what a mandolin is, or anything about it. I want to get an idea of what causes this.

If you DID read the OP, including the 3rd paragragh, then please don't be stupid.
LOLOL

And you're senile enough to think the answer to your third paragraph can be found in this forum? :cuckoo:

Sorry, forget who it's by...

... a lot of bluegrass music...

... has mandolin in it.

It's kinda the hillbilly ukelele.

A mandolin is a stringed musical instrument in the lute family and is usually plucked with a plectrum. It commonly has four courses of doubled metal strings tuned in unison, although five and six course versions also exist. [Wiki]

It can be used for playing just about any type of music. Here's a guy many consider to be the best in the world right now. Chris Thile playing a bit of Bach. He's best known for his work with the bluegrass band - Nickel Creek (Bottom vid) ... If you ever have a chance to see either Chris or Nickel Creek live, GO!

The Nickel Creek video is 20 minutes long. Where on the time bar does Cris Tile do his break?

Sorry, forget who it's by...

... a lot of bluegrass music...

... has mandolin in it.

It's kinda the hillbilly ukelele.
Not hardly. It has no relation to the ukelele, which for some strange reason is far more popular.

Actually, the MANdolin is closely related to the VIolin. All the notes, keys, scales are identical.

8 string wooden musical instrument, about 1/3 the size of a guitar

LOLOL

And you're senile enough to think the answer to your third paragraph can be found in this forum? :cuckoo:
And you're young and stupid enough to think that the answer to the 3rd paragraph, CAN'T be found in this forum ?

It is a musical instrument very popular in Bluegrass music. One of my favorite players is Dave Grisman.

LOLOL

And you're young and stupid enough to think that the answer to the 3rd paragraph, CAN'T be found in this forum ?
LOLOL

You brain-dead con, even if someone here didn't know what a mandolin is, how the fuck does your senile rotted brain tell you you'll be able to decipher the reason why?

A mandolin is a stringed musical instrument in the lute family and is usually plucked with a plectrum. It commonly has four courses of doubled metal strings tuned in unison, although five and six course versions also exist. [Wiki]

It can be used for playing just about any type of music. Here's a guy many consider to be the best in the world right now. Chris Thile playing a bit of Bach. He's best known for his work with the bluegrass band - Nickel Creek (Bottom vid) ... If you ever have a chance to see either Chris or Nickel Creek live, GO!

The Nickel Creek video is 20 minutes long. Where on the time bar does Cris Tile do his break?

Just go away please and shove your Mandolin thread where the sun don't shine ;)

Just go away please and shove your Mandolin thread where the sun don't shine ;)

Wow. Who raped YOU last night ? And right after I gave you a thumbs up thanks for your previous post, ungrateful dirtbag.

A follower of Nelson Mandela ?

Last edited:

LOLOL

LOLOL

You brain-dead con, even if someone here didn't know what a mandolin is, how the fuck does your senile rotted brain tell you you'll be able to decipher the reason why?
By the way they partially answer the question. We'll be able to see as the post moves along. Now back and play with your little toys, junior.

Forum List

Back