What I have learned reading Ann Rule books... important info

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Some don't like true crime books and I have to say they can be depressing. Rule's books are always about weirdos who murder... people who feel entitled to have whatever they want and if they don't get it... murder

One of the most important things I have learned reading Rule is

spoil the child
create a murderer

yes, i know, that's not always so (spoiled children don't always kill) but I have noticed that most of the murderers I've read about were raised by people who thought their little darlings could do absolutely NO wrong. Some of these killers were supported by their mother even when there was massive evidence they had indeed murdered someone (or many people).

sick stuff

So don't spoil your children.. Teach them empathy

and I have learned other things also...

I've read a few of her novels, but stopped once I noticed that they all have the same recipe.

I've read a few of her novels, but stopped once I noticed that they all have the same recipe.
they are not novels... sheez

looks like u have not read her books. She wrote ONE novel. The rest are true.

another thing I learned

blue states are so in the corner of violent criminals

OR... Dayton Rogers
WA.. Denny Touhmy

both should have been executed (this from a Catholic who does not normally accept capital punishment... but in some cases... and isn't it interesting that some who HATE the death penalty believe abortion is OK?

go figure THAT one out...

His books sometime are remarkably prescient. Sometimes making profound religious and political statements for lack of better term at the moment, that come to fruition over time. No. no non-fiction.

other things learned (Young people, pay attn.. Naive people ditto)

. do NOT ever open your door to someone you do not know..

.do NOT ever get into a car w/ someone you do not know (well).

.do NOT ever marry someone you have not spent YEARS getting to know..

and there are a few other things that momentarily escape my powers of recall.. but hey... those above are enough

millions of lives can be saved by adhering to those guidelines

His books sometime are remarkably prescient. Sometimes making profound religious and political statements for lack of better term at the moment, that come to fruition over time. No. no non-fiction.
my motto has been for years

Truth is stranger than fiction

WAY

I like Dean Koontz more than Stephen King.....Koontz books are more positive than King, and he gets to the point where King takes forever.

Read Dean Koontz.

There are a couple of moments in his book, The Watchers, that are really effective....I think about them more than I think about anything King has written....

The beginning and end of The Servants of Twilight were very good......my first Dean Koontz book.

Tick Tock is always a favorite. I have listened to that numerous times. The odd thomas books and Christopher Snow.

Tick Tock is always a favorite. I have listened to that numerous times. The odd thomas books and Christopher Snow.

His series about the mind implants....? The Jane Hawk series..... I started reading that just before they started pushing the vaccines.....it was kind of funny ......I enjoy that he isn't against people carrying guns too....... He appreciates the need for self defense..

Oops! I was thinking of a different author. Ann's books are good.
people should read them if for no other reason than they ARE true..

If a person never reads any true crime... he is not well informed and has endangered his and/or his family's lives

I mean, there are a lot of psychos among us, aka Sociopaths (no conscience). Some people are entirely TOO trusting...

people should read them if for no other reason than they ARE true..

If a person never reads any true crime... he is not well informed and has endangered his and/or his family's lives

I mean, there are a lot of psychos among us, aka Sociopaths (no conscience). Some people are entirely TOO trusting...
I've been a true crime reader for long enough to have read most of them. Lately, I'm leaning towards the compilations. The books that list every moment of the accused killer's trial have me fast forwarding to the verdict. Unless it's really well written and a cliffhanger, closing arguments always sound like opening arguments to me.

Forum List

Back