What holidays do you celebrate

The wife's big on Christmas, which is kind of annoying. Hallmark is showing their "Christmas in July" movies, most of which are pretty dumb.

And I'm sitting on my ass in the garage. I'm hoping to work up enough ambition to go shoot up the woods for Independence Day. But I don't feel like wasting the ammo, picking up all that brass, and cleaning guns afterwards.

Do birthdays and anniversaries count? They're not holidays, but we do celebrate those.

So does she at least take on the setting up and taking down of any decorations?
Way back in the day we used to go crazy with the decorations like the Griswolds until I said enough is enough. The Wife continued with the indoor decorations and I told Her not to expect me to go up in the attic a dozen times.
She now puts up a few easy things and agrees that it makes things far more easy.

I don't celebrate any holidays but I love them all. I love seeing the decorations and the movies. I watch all the Christmas Hallmark movies. The Scify movies at Halloween. I just don't celebrate any.

Thanksgiving Christmas , Easter, 4th of July. Memorial day and Veterans day I remember and respect by showing the Flag and cleaning the graves of the fallen and veterans at the family cemetery. I also do all the family graves at Easter. I am not sure who will keep up the tradition after I am gone.

So does she at least take on the setting up and taking down of any decorations?
Way back in the day we used to go crazy with the decorations like the Griswolds until I said enough is enough. The Wife continued with the indoor decorations and I told Her not to expect me to go up in the attic a dozen times.
She now puts up a few easy things and agrees that it makes things far more easy.

We always drive 20 miles to a tree farm, cut down a tree, and put it in the living room. She decorates the hell out of it and we run a bunch of light strings outside. The tree usually sets there until February, at which point I haul it to the far end of the clearing and set it on fire. And the Hallmark Channel is still playing their Christmas movies by then.

We always drive 20 miles to a tree farm, cut down a tree, and put it in the living room. She decorates the hell out of it and we run a bunch of light strings outside. The tree usually sets there until February, at which point I haul it to the far end of the clearing and set it on fire. And the Hallmark Channel is still playing their Christmas movies by then.

I remember as a teen going around and collecting all the trees from the curb for our bonfires.
Then we found out about the recycle drop off point in George Bush park....the bonfires were epic after that.

Not even Texas Independence Day?

1656903657427.png

Forum List

Back