What happens if Biden resigns?

Faun
Oh I get it all right. No Speaker of the House has a say in who the POTUS picks as his VP. They may have to confirm it, but they have no say in who he or she picks.

Ignorant you are.

There are 3 ways that I know of to remove a sitting president:

1. Impeachment in the House and a conviction in the senate by a 2/3 vote for removal from office. Let's be honest, that ain't going to happen.

2. 25th Amendment. The Congress has to pass this through both chambers. That ain't going to happen either. Here's the problem for the democrats: once they do that, Kamala becomes the prez and there is no VP, which means they don't have the tie-breaker in any vote that goes 50-50. Kamala would have to nominate somebody, and the House and Senate would have to confirm that by a majority vote, which means 51-49 or better. IOW, a Repub would have to vote for Kamala's nominee, and that is a big deal because 50-50 doesn't cut it. So, without at least one Repub on their side, the Dems can't do shit in the Senate cuz they don't have the tie-breaking vote (no VP).

3. Biden can just resign, no impeachment and no 25th Amendment action. Same deal, as I understand it. When Nixon resigned, he nominated Gerald R. Ford to be his VP, and that nomination was confirmed by the House and the Senate by a wide majority. Would the Senate give up their power to block all democratic legislation without some bipartisan action? Doubtful.

So, will Joe step aside, or be forced to step aside? I don't think so, the democrats need Kamala Harris as the VP to cast tie-breaking votes in the Senate so they can pass stuff and confirm Supreme Court Justices. Clearly he is not up to the job; everybody knew it before the election, most of the time he couldn't even get out to campaign. And now we see that most of the time he isn't able to perform the duties of the presidency.

Same shit, different day until the demoquacks get crushed in 02 and 04

What happens if Biden resigns?

-----
Let me guess: Armageddon ... whatever this is ... or Kamala Harris will be president. Then all soldiers will need p!nk ribbons for their r!ffles.

Last edited:
Faun
Oh I get it all right. No Speaker of the House has a say in who the POTUS picks as his VP. They may have to confirm it, but they have no say in who he or she picks.

Ignorant you are.
Again, I didn't say she picks the replacement. I said she confirms them. You remain an idiot.

Is this another RW wanking thread...

Trump shows far more signs of mental decline than Biden... Especially with Trump family history of dementia... Just look at the talk, Trump language is very simplistic compared to Trump... There is also the content, Trump speaks about conspiracy theories where Biden works of evidence.

As for physical fitness... Any day they want a race over a mile... Please go... Biden works out 5 days a week, Peleton bike seems to be weapon of choice...

Very hard to talk to people about Biden's mental health when they believe the Big Lie...

I doubt anything happens to old Joe, you are fantasizing big time..
Sadly, I think you are correct.. Nothing will happen to the coward. And the cackling cum dumpster will have to remain hidden from press.

But, Democrats will now be out of power for a generation thanks to the idiots YOU put in charge.

Trump shows far more signs of mental decline than Biden... Especially with Trump family history of dementia... Just look at the talk, Trump language is very simplistic compared to Trump... There is also the content, Trump speaks about conspiracy theories where Biden works of evidence.

As for physical fitness... Any day they want a race over a mile... Please go... Biden works out 5 days a week, Peleton bike seems to be weapon of choice...

Very hard to talk to people about Biden's mental health when they believe the Big Lie...
Lol, please.. Joe can't find the bathroom in his own office, much less the exercise room.

Trump shows far more signs of mental decline ...

This idiot did not know at all and/or totally misinterpreted what had happened in interantional politcis during his own life - while he sat on a cloud of money far over the streets of New York with no contact to anyone except the most important person of the world: Donald Trump.

I never will understand how it was possible that this man got more than only one vote.

Last edited:
Yet Merkel is pissed at Joe...Hmmm wonder why?

Angela Merkel is pissed at herself. She had hoped for a better leaving from the political planks that meant for many decades the world for her. But still she is doing a good job and nobody is perfect. She will always be a great chancellor of the federal republic of Germany.

And by the way. I don't have any idea how many millions or billions Donald Trump had to give Angela Merkel for to visit him and to speak with him only one hour about the weather.

Last edited:
Yet Merkel is pissed at Joe...Hmmm wonder why?

The German Fuhrerette was constantly angry at The Donald as well.

And her predecessor was none too happy with FDR.

I wouldn't put too much weight on that, the Germans have always been in a pissy move, even before Schicklgruber took over.

Angela Merkel is pissed on herself. She had hoped for a better leaving from the political planks that meant for many decades the world for her. But still she is doing a good job and nobody is perfect. She will always be a great chancellor of the federal republic of Germany.

And by the way. I don't have any idea how many millions or billions Donald Trump had to give Angela Merkel for to visit him and to speak with him only one hour about the weather.

Let's see...Lots of dissent in Germany right now.

The German Fuhrerette was constantly angry at The Donald as well.

And her predecessor was none too happy with FDR.

I wouldn't put too much weight on that, the Germans have always been in a pissy move, even before Schicklgruber took over.
Good thing they have America to prop up their Beta Male society.

Let's see...Lots of dissent in Germany right now.

Dissent? ... 9/26 are elections and her political party is under heavy fire from all sides - also from inside. Their candidate is not powerful. But this was not the decision of Angela Merkel.

Forum List

Back