What Features Do You Think Are Needed for the ACA Replacement?

What should be features of the ACA replacement health system?

• Total voters
>

Out-of-state-insurance-sales.gif

States can already allow interstate insurance.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/out-of-state-health-insurance-purchases.aspx
Yes, I think that they can, but Trump is talking about imposing it across all states, dont you think?

Other being aggressive prosecution of price fixing by providers.....Hospitals....Clinic cartels....pharma

A federal requirement over-riding a states legislation.
Isn't that well bad?
Not if they decide it serves the broader interest of the nation and put the requirement in some rider for highway funds and the like.

5 states out of 50?

we need all states to allow insurance shopping across state lines

Then talk to your state legislators. Some have the idea that there is a Federal law that bars selling health insurance across state lines. I haven't been able to find it. It's the states that have said they don't want to. Now some are saying the Fed's should require the states to do it. What happened to states rights?

>>>>

I always have to chuckle when I see people talk about tax breaks to help poor people afford things.

• Look at what the poverty level income is. (Remember those are gross income figures)
  • Look at the tax tables to see about how much poor people have to pay in taxes. (Remember, those are taxable income figures; income after all deductions from income.)
Now tell me how much of tax cut can you give them that's going to allow them to afford health insurance? I don't care how much of a tax break you give a poor person. They still ain't affording a damned thing. The tax cut may bring them closer to affording something, but "close to affording" is still not affording. You can't buy something you almost have the money to buy.
I always have to chuckle when people dont read the entire OP and then shoot from the lip.

Did you miss this selection on the poll?

Tax deductions combined with welfare assistance to allow poor to afford minimum insurance

I didn't read the OP. I read the poll and posted my comment.

5 states out of 50?

we need all states to allow insurance shopping across state lines

Then talk to your state legislators. Some have the idea that there is a Federal law that bars selling health insurance across state lines. I haven't been able to find it. It's the states that have said they don't want to. Now some are saying the Fed's should require the states to do it. What happened to states rights?

>>>>
Interstate commerce, states rights do not apply.

Before Obamacare, hubby had needed cataract surgery on both eyes. One was done while he had employer based insurance, the other just a few months later, we had to pay for ourselves because his employer dropped insurance coverage. The one we paid for was less than half the cost charged to the insurance company previously. We asked why the difference and was pretty much told because of the lack of overhead/administrative costs.

Because of the life changing events over this last year, we are now on Medicaid @ 100% coverage. But we have to fight like heck for treatments, RX's, etc. because the insurance denies these things JUST BECAUSE THE DR DIDN'T INCLUDE SOME INFORMATION ON THE REQUESTS.....that is already in our files. The so-called reviewers that determine what they'll approve or deny will not check our file to compare with any referral request that shows we've already met whatever criteria they are basing their decision on. Lazy assed reviewers AND Dr's.

Not to mention DR's don't/won't/can't actually do their jobs of treating the problem, but only the symptoms in most cases.
We've both been with employer based insurance with deductibles that were a challenge to pay for when we've reached maximum ($5,000 cap owed to numerous providers), on Medicaid and we've been without any coverage at all, so we've seen it from all sides.

SOMETHING needs to be done on all levels, cause each instance has had it's own negative impacts.
It's enough to make ya blow a gasket :blowup:

Is what I'm trying to say more along the lines of Socialized medicine, like Canada, Europe, Haiti???? IDK, maybe so. All I know is whatever our system is and has been over the years (with and without Obamacare), just doesn't work for everyone and needs some serious changes.

Apologies to the OP if this post is not in accordance with your intent of the thread AND I didn't vote because there is just so much more to this whole subject than what is included.

Forum List

Back