What does two fingers up mean?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
i

I heard that it's just "freedom", but I think it's some kind of conspiracy.

I notice this trend in Russia, in social media. People, mostly from the Moscow region, show it, this is mainly accepted by a dubious public who post photos of criminals, Stalin, Ostap Bender, glorify the USSR, the KGB, post dubious photos of scantily clad children, kiss dogs.

Who are these people and what is the history of this gesture?
No decent person knows this.

In the early 90s, this gesture was popular among children. But no one knew its meaning, it was just fun, adults never did this at all until recently. What does it mean?

Last edited:
i

I notice this trend in Russia, in social media. People, mostly from the Moscow region, show it, this is mainly accepted by a dubious public who post photos of criminals, Stalin, Ostap Bender, glorify the USSR, the KGB, post dubious photos of scantily clad children, kiss dogs.

It's the V for victory sign Churchill used during WWII. Since the 1970s it has became the peace symbol.

• Banned
It's the V for victory sign Churchill used during WWII. Since the 1970s it has became the peace symbol.
This clarifies something. From about the mid-60s there was a global left-wing coup, criminal riots in the USA, the Khrushchev USSR and student riots in France. In the USSR, all swindlers were amnestied. Shortly before that, there were "bitch wars" in prisons, during which the thieves' caste was destroyed, they were destroyed up to physical destruction, stuffed in wagons and taken away in an unknown direction.

• Banned
stuffed in wagons and taken away in an unknown direction.
It was called the "Stolypin carriage", I think.
The thieves' caste consisted mainly of petty thieves and crooks, they were raised by the KGB in the 30s against the Zhigan movement of the former White Guards and the pacification of political prisoners in the Gulags

• Banned
V for victory
Since the 1970s
By the way, it was precisely at this time that they began to actively distribute commemorative awards for the 2nd World War and hold magnificent parades. Before that, it seems there was not even a day off, there was a holiday, but it was very modest. Usually, all war veterans after the 70s had so many awards that they couldn’t fit on a tunic without a strap; after the war, 2 military awards were rare, most soldiers didn’t have them at all.

What was similar in the USA at that time?

i

In the early 90s, this gesture was popular among children. But no one knew its meaning, it was just fun, adults never did this at all until recently. What does it mean?
Less offensive than one middle finger up.

This clarifies something. From about the mid-60s there was a global left-wing coup, criminal riots in the USA, the Khrushchev USSR and student riots in France. In the USSR, all swindlers were amnestied. Shortly before that, there were "bitch wars" in prisons, during which the thieves' caste was destroyed, they were destroyed up to physical destruction, stuffed in wagons and taken away in an unknown direction.
How did I know the left would be involved?
You can't help yourself

And all this is somehow indirectly connected with the "dog's paradise". They stopped shooting them, lately, they attack children, there are many deaths, but no one really does anything, they continue to multiply. Formally, they should sterilize them, but they don't do that either. Now spring has begun, there are a lot of puppies and dogs fucking everywhere, no one cares. It is also forbidden to shoot them arbitrarily.

And these people with two fingers tend to kiss and hug dogs or just hold them at least.

This is not my paranoia. even officials now say a lot of dogs is some kind of policy.

OOOOOOOH. Look at this, the Islamist trying to be insulting. Try harder towel head.
Your joke is extremely dumb again. Why did you decide that I am an "Islamist" (this is not a question, please do not answer, my ears are wilted)

How did I know the left would be involved?
this is the left of Eisenhower and the removal of Khrushchev. The power of the KGB and centralization were restored in the USSR and the laundering of Stalinism began. There is no doubt that it was a left coup

Your joke is extremely dumb again. Why did you decide that I am an "Islamist" (this is not a question, please do not answer, my ears are wilted)
I'll still answer. Your attitude towards women and dogs. I've decided that you are an Islamist, whether you agree or not. Keep working on the insults, they're still lame.

Colin norris
And at that time pacifists-hippies came to the USA, it was also clearly a left trend. The economy has stagnated. I don’t know what else you had there, but I’m sure that everything before Nixon was exclusively left

i

I've read the comments and they are all only half right. In the UK and Australia the "Two finger salute" or "the forks" with the the palm facing towards the "giver" is quite a rude gesture meaning from "up your bum/arse" to "get fu**ed" quite explicitly. The palm facing out is where there is some agreement....V for Victory (1940s) to "Peace" in the sixties.

I've given and received some of the former.

Greg

Colin norris
And at that time pacifists-hippies came to the USA, it was also clearly a left trend. The economy has stagnated. I don’t know what else you had there, but I’m sure that everything before Nixon was exclusively left
Absolutely solidly researched and supported with volumes of evidence.
Historians would be proud of you.

Forum List

Back