Friend. What does that mean to you?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
That word is used as loosely as the word "racist". Not that they are the same..just use wise.
This is my friend. This was my friend. We are friends. Yadda yadda.

What does that term mean to YOU? What do you expect from a "friend"? How are you are good "friend" and what would you do to for a "friend".

I have many acquaintences. Some, for years. But as far as "friends" are concerned...I am more picky on using that word and have extended it to only a very scant few. Less than the fingers on one hand. Some, it took over 10 years to be one...to them or them to me.

So when a "friend" of mine...one of the few, I might add, says to me "I gotta go now. I have to meet MY FRIEND at the mall". Someone she met a week ago. Friend. Like....eyeroll.

Which made me start this thread. What is FRIEND to you?

That word is used as loosely as the word "racist". Not that they are the same..just use wise.

What does that term mean to YOU? What do you expect from a "friend"? How are you are good "friend" and what would you do to for a "friend".

I have many acquaintences. Some, for years. But as far as "friends" are concerned...I am more picky on using that word and have extended it to only a very scant few. Less than the fingers on one hand. Some, it took over 10 years to be one...to them or them to me.

So when a "friend" of mine...one of the few, I might add, says to me "I gotta go now. I have to meet MY FRIEND at the mall". Someone she met a week ago. Friend. Like....eyeroll.

People who give me LSD are my friends

A friend is someone that makes you a better person,,,

How?
What is the job of a real friend?
What is YOUR job to BE a real friend?

This is not a kiddie thread. Be serious or get out.

How?
What is the job of a real friend?
What is YOUR job to BE a real friend?
there is no job or requirement,,

Again the question is what is a friend to you and my friends give me LSD and sometimes Mescaline.

Keep in mind that there IS such a thing as a one sided friendship. Or fairweather friend. Are those really "friends" you want to be..or to have?

This is not a kiddie thread. Be serious or get out.
Oh this is a big person thread.

OKEEDOKEE

Again the question is what is a friend to you and my friends give me LSD and sometimes Mescaline.
Yer an idiot. On iggie you go.

It takes a decade ++ for "friendship". I got lots of "amigos" and I can count my friends for 60 years on 1 1/2 hands. I guess I have 7 off the top of my head. I've known all 7 for 50 plus years.
"Friend" can be more powerful than family.By far. Don't use the term loosely. I gots hunnerdz of 'buddies". Most probably aren't really "friends".
A "friend' will be there, no matter the consequence or cost.

It takes a decade ++ for "friendship". I got lots of "amigos" and I can count my friends for 60 years on 1 1/2 hands. I guess I have 7 off the top of my head. I've known all 7 for 50 plus years.
"Friend" can be more powerful than family.By far. Don't use the term loosely. I gots hunnerdz of 'buddies". Most probably aren't really "friends".
THANK you.

THANK you.
How the hell would a person who gives you acid not be a friend?

Unless they are charging you for an entire new battery

Friends... I have been very fortunate in my life and have had about a half a dozen 3 of them... Hell of a lot more acquaintances than friends...

1625449336559.png

I have acquaintances, people I know well enough to say hello to should we cross paths in public. It ends there.

I have a few people I would call "friends." People I know well enough to, perhaps, go to lunch with but I would not help them move. It ends there.

There are two people I consider my best friends (one of whom I married). They have always been there when I needed them, they know all my secrets, I trust them with the lives of my children, and I would help them bury the body, no questions asked. They both make me a better person. There is know end to what I would do for them...

I have known a lot of people over the years and I've been on friendly terms with just about all of them but I've only had a handful of friends. Most of them have been women. Guy friends seem to just want to borrow my tools, my back and my money.

Somebody you can go shopping with! and says yes, buy it it's gorgeous! :tongue:

Forum List

Back