What does this mean?

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
In his speech to the troops the President said this:

”America shouldn’t be doing the fighting for every nation on earth, not being reimbursed in many cases at all. If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price," Trump said. "And sometimes that’s also a monetary price, so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers."
Trump to American troops in Iraq: U.S. no longer 'the suckers of the world'

This sounds so strange. US would like to continue to fight that war if there i money in it? Or is he selling the US capability to fight wars in general? Can anyone buy?

Or is it merely to make a point of the cost in dollars? Not really expecting to get paid?

”America shouldn’t be doing the fighting for every nation on earth, not being reimbursed in many cases at all. If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price," Trump said. "And sometimes that’s also a monetary price, so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers."

This sounds so strange. US would like to continue to fight that war if there i money in it? Or is he selling the US capability to fight wars in general? Can anyone buy?

Or is it merely to make a point of the cost in dollars? Not really expecting to get paid?

It means fund your own military, Sweden, and stop expecting us to be at your back for absolutely nothing in return. And that goes for almost the entire rest of the world too.

For that speech alone I love President Trump

It means fund your own military, Sweden, and stop expecting us to be at your back for absolutely nothing in return. And that goes for almost the entire rest of the world too.

It doesn’t really mean a country can pay money to have US troops available then.

Don’t think anyone should expect someone else to fight their wars.

It means POTUS has no conception of the institutions and alliances the US has built after WWI and WWII. If he has an issue with the amount of money we are spending on our military then address that instead of undermining our republic.

It doesn’t really mean a country can pay money to have US troops available then.

Well Sweden must have, because in 2015 your military spending was 1.1% of GDP. To say that is pathetic is obvious. Also, to say Sweden just expected to have the US military as its de facto military is obvious.

Well, the US military, via Trump and to NATO, is saying no more. At least Sweden looks to be responding.

It means POTUS has no conception of the institutions and alliances the US has built after WWI and WWII. If he has an issue with the amount of money we are spending on our military then address that instead of undermining our republic.

Those so-called "alliances" have become organizations that do nothing but deride the US while taking our money and banking on us to be their de facto military. Trump and a good portion of the US--usually, the portion that sends the troops--has said no more. Thank God for that.

Well Sweden must have, because in 2015 your military spending was 1.1% of GDP. To say that is pathetic is obvious. Also, to say Sweden just expected to have the US military as its de facto military is obvious.

Well, the US military, via Trump and to NATO, is saying no more. At least Sweden looks to be responding.
Trump is saying no more, but the US loves to attack other countries too much to stand down for real.

Trump is saying no more, but the US loves to attack other countries too much to stand down for real.

"The US", not "we".

A godless foreigner on a US message board. Quelle surprise

Sounds to me like he will send our troops into harms way as long as someone is willing to pay for them. He wants to turn the US military into the Hessians

What has the US military done for Sweden?

You must truly be dense if you don't understand what he said!

It's something people like me have been saying for years. We pull countries out of the mire they're in and they do nothing to thank us, let alone assist in paying the costs of saving them.

What could be simpler than that?

Deterred Russia. A complete waste, because Russia is our friend.

"The US", not "we".

A godless foreigner on a US message board. Quelle surprise
No, an American. Crisse de conne.

Was Russia going to invade Sweden?

What makes you think that Russia ever wanted Sweden?

And Russia better be our friend, they have better nukes than we do. :biggrin:

--------------------------------------------- sounds like The TRUMP is saying that countries that the USA is friendly with MAY get help fighting Wars if they PAY for the help . And of course , thats how it should be Eric .

--------------------------------------------- sounds like The TRUMP is saying that countries that the USA is friendly with MAY get help fighting Wars if they PAY for the help . And of course , thats how it should be Eric .
So Assad could hire the US military and Americans would die in Syria because we're getting paid? :cuckoo:

You must truly be dense if you don't understand what he said!

It's something people like me have been saying for years. We pull countries out of the mire they're in and they do nothing to thank us, let alone assist in paying the costs of saving them.

What could be simpler than that?
Not really, but I don’t think US just chose to side with a country fighting a war just to be nice.
Think post #2 explained it. About allies managing their part of the “deal”. Choice of world makes it not too obvious though.

Forum List

Back