What does the US government do when it has no money?

Parker99

May 7, 2017
When the US government does not have money and it needs to spend money it does not have and they do not want higher tax.

Does the US government borrow money from the big banks? Or does the US government print money or give out government bonds?

When the US government does not have money and it needs to spend money it does not have and they do not want higher tax.

Does the US government borrow money from the big banks? Or does the US government print money or give out government bonds?

A little or a lot of both. And the payment is kicked down the road. Shades of Greece comes to mind.

The US government doesn't print money... The FED does that.

At the instruction of their Boss, the President. That's nice nit you have there.

At the instruction of their Boss, the President. That's nice nit you have there.
Ummm... No. If he could do that willy nilly he could also tell them what the interest should be. The government literally ASKS that the Fed do things. And sometimes, the FED just does it... There really isn't any oversight... Which is why Ron Paul was even a blimp in past elections.

The US government goes to the federal reserve a private bank and get them to print money for the government when the government needs money?

And there is interest on it? And must be paid back?

Ummm... No. If he could do that willy nilly he could also tell them what the interest should be. The government literally ASKS that the Fed do things. And sometimes, the FED just does it... There really isn't any oversight... Which is why Ron Paul was even a blimp in past elections.

Than what is the point of the federal reserve than?

They crank up the printing presses and tax the hell out of everyone and their children and childrens children by inflating the currency thus stealing a chunk of everything you may have now, have managed to save, plan to earn or ever will have.

The US government goes to the federal reserve a private bank and get them to print money for the government when the government needs money?

And there is interest on it? And must be paid back?
Correct.

Than what is the point of the federal reserve than?
Dude... I'm going to get angry... Because THAT'S A DAMN GOOD QUESTION. It's not your fault, I'm not mad at you... But yes.. I agree.

Last edited:
Theoretically, the USA has an almost endless supply of wealth including an overwhelming supply of natural resources to include property of vast forests, mining claims, farmlands, tourist properties, fishing grounds, building sites for industry and residential use, etc. We own rivers, lakes, and beaches.

Theoretically, the USA has an almost endless supply of wealth including an overwhelming supply of natural resources to include property of vast forests, mining claims, farmlands, tourist properties, fishing grounds, building sites for industry and residential use, etc. We own rivers, lakes, and beaches.
And whether anyone wants to acknowledge this or not, we own debt from other countries, whose asses we saved in World War 2. Without the hundreds of thousands of lives we sacrificed/lost in the Pacific war, China would not exist today. It would have been a colony of Japan, if the Japs had not wiped them out entirely.

European countries are along the same line - England, France, Denmark, etc.

And whether anyone wants to acknowledge this or not, we own debt from other countries, whose asses we saved in World War 2. Without the hundreds of thousands of lives we sacrificed/lost in the Pacific war, China would not exist today. It would have been a colony of Japan, if the Japs had not wiped them out entirely.

Yeah... As I understand it China actually owes more to the US than we owe to them. Which... Is weird.

I know the Federal Reserve does thee interest level. But a President can print money within "Reason". But since when has Rump done anything withinn reason.

Yeah... As I understand it China actually owes more to the US than we owe to them. Which... Is weird.

China is the second largest holder of the US Debt. The highest is the US Citizens. If the Feds wanted to buy out China, they could do it. It's 1.1 Trillion.

I know the Federal Reserve does thee interest level. But a President can print money within "Reason". But since when has Rump done anything withinn reason.
No.. he can't... You even have the wrong branch of government. He can suggest... He can ask for... But he can't really do anything in regards to printing money.

Edit: Just to head it off... It takes Congress.

Good question because thatr seems to be today. I went to get change to put air in my tire today and I was told all of columbus is now requiring exact change due to a coin shortage. WTF?

Good question because thatr seems to be today. I went to get change to put air in my tire today and I was told all of columbus is now requiring exact change due to a coin shortage. WTF?
All of our change in bottles and cans will be worth money someday.

All of our change in bottles and cans will be worth money someday.
Guess I better bury a few coffee cans..lol

Forum List

Back