What do you think Hell is like ?

If you don't believe in hell or being separated from God then what difference does it make what anyone does?
As far as I'm concerned, it is contrary to the end goal of evolution and improvement. No good comes from embracing the negative. The positive is as the light. The negative leads to darkness. It's the only choice we have in this life.

The popular Christian version of Hell is a fiery pit, void of Mercy, filled with endless torment. Is this what you believe it to be ? Before someone asks me, I'd have to tell you what I believe Heaven is like. I believe Heaven and Hell exist in the same place. A parallel universe of non-corporeal, pure energy beings. God is one with us, not separate as he is here as he is here in the physical universe. I don't believe that for a minute but most people on earth do. In this parallel universe ( I call it the Universe of Light ), God ( all of us ) bask in the warmth and beauty of the light. Hell exists for some, they exist in the fringes of the parralel universe, far from the light, it's warmth and beauty not even perceptible anymore, hopelessly existing, if you could call it that, in the darkness and the cold. This is my spirituality, religion if you wish to call it as such. Now, please don't be shy and tell me what your beliefs about Hell are. All are welcome. No judgment by me here, but I can't vouch for the other posters on here. If you choose not to express yourself that's perfectly fine with me. Have a great day and have a great life. Thanks, Stan.
Stann, do you have anything, anything to corroborate your conclusions?

Stann, do you have anything, anything to corroborate your conclusions?
Just my word, and I do not lie. Believe what you wish it's a choice belief is a choice in the end it doesn't matter when it comes up to reality. I know the reality that exists, that's about all I can say. Now if you're going to back up your words with proof from the Bible which is a religious dogma, then your word is not objective nor realistic.

Just my word, and I do not lie. Believe what you wish it's a choice belief is a choice in the end it doesn't matter when it comes up to reality. I know the reality that exists, that's about all I can say. Now if you're going to back up your words with proof from the Bible which is a religious dogma, then your word is not objective nor realistic.
But your expressed opinions are expected to carry weight? You are your own lord in your mind 😄

But your expressed opinions are expected to carry weight? You are your own lord in your mind 😄
You're trying to put words in my mouth I never said I was my own Lord I said I was one with God as we all are whether you realize it or not so stop condemning your fellow human being and start living like you're supposed to. Goodwill is supposed to be the underlying tenant of Christianity. Or do you believe hatred should be. Lying about someone is a form of hatred.

As far as I'm concerned, it is contrary to the end goal of evolution and improvement. No good comes from embracing the negative. The positive is as the light. The negative leads to darkness. It's the only choice we have in this life.
So in other words... there is no consequence at all.

So in other words... there is no consequence at all.
Essentially yes. But making bad or negative choices does not help you grow. It detracts from your being, it helps no one.

Essentially yes. But making bad or negative choices does not help you grow. It detracts from your being, it helps no one.
So what? What difference does it make? If I want to pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power at the expense of others - according to you - there are no consequences. Who are you to define what growth is?

So what? What difference does it make? If I want to pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power at the expense of others - according to you - there are no consequences. Who are you to define what growth is?
You asked my opinion and I gave it to you. I can only decide what is correct for me you have to decide what is correct for you as does anyone.

Hell is being separated from God.
If you're believing God, you must believe he put the laws of nature in place for the universe to function. One of those laws is, " Matter cannot be destroyed, it can be changed but it can't be destroyed. " You can never separate yourself from God.

You asked my opinion and I gave it to you. I can only decide what is correct for me you have to decide what is correct for you as does anyone.
I'm not asking you to decide for me. I am trying to make sense of what you have said and as near as I can tell you have stated that whether one lives a good life or a bad life - which are subjective terms - there are literally no consequences. But then you go on to argue the exact opposite.

I'm not asking you to decide for me. I am trying to make sense of what you have said and as near as I can tell you have stated that whether one lives a good life or a bad life - which are subjective terms - there are literally no consequences. But then you go on to argue the exact opposite.
There are always consequences to anything we do. If you're asking if there's a superior power judging whether we do good or evil in this world, I do not believe there is. At the same time I don't see how the power that exists would favor negative behaviors. Growth is possible in this world. Unfortunately destruction is also possible. I choose the former.

There are always consequences to anything we do. If you're asking if there's a superior power judging whether we do good or evil in this world, I do not believe there is. At the same time I don't see how the power that exists would favor negative behaviors. Growth is possible in this world. Unfortunately destruction is also possible. I choose the former.
But didn't you describe a situation where you are on the outside if you don't live a good life? And isn't that a consequence after death of not living a good life? And isn't that a judgement?

But didn't you describe a situation where you are on the outside if you don't live a good life? And isn't that a consequence after death of not living a good life? And isn't that a judgement?
The Creator entity is not judgmental. These tribal gods, the ones men have created, they are judgmental. It's a device to keep people in check. Another poster asked me about people who intentionally commit evil in this world. I don't think there's any consequence in the in the real world ( meaning the next world ) but within that world you want to say that some people have to be on the fringes of that massive ball of energy. If there is a hell, it would be those furthest from the light the energy the center. In my opinion the fringes of that universe would have less light and less warmth. Darkness, cold, ignorance, hatred are all features hell would have IF it exists at all.

The popular Christian version of Hell is a fiery pit, void of Mercy, filled with endless torment. Is this what you believe it to be ? Before someone asks me, I'd have to tell you what I believe Heaven is like. I believe Heaven and Hell exist in the same place. A parallel universe of non-corporeal, pure energy beings. God is one with us, not separate as he is here as he is here in the physical universe. I don't believe that for a minute but most people on earth do. In this parallel universe ( I call it the Universe of Light ), God ( all of us ) bask in the warmth and beauty of the light. Hell exists for some, they exist in the fringes of the parralel universe, far from the light, it's warmth and beauty not even perceptible anymore, hopelessly existing, if you could call it that, in the darkness and the cold. This is my spirituality, religion if you wish to call it as such. Now, please don't be shy and tell me what your beliefs about Hell are. All are welcome. No judgment by me here, but I can't vouch for the other posters on here. If you choose not to express yourself that's perfectly fine with me. Have a great day and have a great life. Thanks, Stan.

There is no literal hell( eternal suffering) Gods justice scales prove that fact. It was just symbolism. God cannot go against what he showed as justice= an eye for an eye= perfect balance. Also Leviticus 19:35-36= perfect balance on his scales. Uncorruptable. If it went to any side it would be-love, mercy and forgiveness.
So lets apply those scales to eternal suffering-- 70-100 years of unrepented sinful existence on one side----- Trillions x trillions x trillions etc, of never ending years of punishment
See any balance? No. Thus symbolism is as follows

As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those not allowed in miss each new day, miss each day of Gods love, it never ends. Likened to be an eternal suffering.

Jesus clearly teaches--Those walking the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.
God set before all-Deuteronomy 30:19--LIFE or DEATH both are everlasting.

If you're believing God, you must believe he put the laws of nature in place for the universe to function. One of those laws is, " Matter cannot be destroyed, it can be changed but it can't be destroyed. " You can never separate yourself from God.

You can be separated from God. There are a lot of people who are spiritually lost and disconnected. God hasn't given up on them, but their souls are hurting.

The Creator entity is not judgmental. These tribal gods, the ones men have created, they are judgmental. It's a device to keep people in check. Another poster asked me about people who intentionally commit evil in this world. I don't think there's any consequence in the in the real world ( meaning the next world ) but within that world you want to say that some people have to be on the fringes of that massive ball of energy. If there is a hell, it would be those furthest from the light the energy the center. In my opinion the fringes of that universe would have less light and less warmth. Darkness, cold, ignorance, hatred are all features hell would have IF it exists at all.
Do you have a physical body there?

Forum List

Back