What Is Your Opinion About This?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
So, I've been forming a new plot for a story of mine entitled "The Detention Kids." It's about a group of rambunctious kids who form a friendship who have no regard for the rules. Especially when it involves looking out for one another and other people they care about. So, what do you guys think about this? If you do something that normally would be considered a sin, but it's done for the right reason or reasons,.. would God still look at it as a sin?

Do they kill the other contestants? I would have them kill the other contestants...then rap about the murders in their contest winning song.

• Banned
Do they kill the other contestants? I would have them kill the other contestants...then rap about the murders in their contest winning song.

Ummm,.. no. Btw, for the record I've never even seen The Breakfast Club, but I've heard about it and I only know that they're detention kids too just a different kind lol

So, I've been forming a new plot for a story of mine entitled "The Detention Kids." It's about a group of rambunctious kids who form a friendship who have no regard for the rules. Especially when it involves looking out for one another and other people they care about. So, what do you guys think about this? If you do something that normally would be considered a sin, but it's done for the right reason or reasons,.. would God still look at it as a sin?
Good question. I think you CAN commit something that would normally be considered a sin, if that action warranted it. For instance, to take the life of another human being IS a sin, but if it's in self-defense? Who's to say?

If it is a sin then God would still consider it a sin, So the real question is would God forgive a sin?

committing a sin for the benefit of a group, well one may consider it beneficial but Do you believe God would because friends will not be passing judgment.

As long as your friends, you may remain friends but with no regard for rules then

Et tu Brute, backstabber, fair weather friend, snitch, and the list goes on. I am sure at one time they were friends.

Last edited:

Genesis 18:26-33 CEV​

The LORD replied, “If I find 50 good people in Sodom, I will save the city to keep them from being killed.” Abraham answered, “I am nothing more than the dust of the earth. Please forgive me, LORD, for daring to speak to you like this. But suppose there are only 45 good people in Sodom. Would you still wipe out the whole city?” “If I find 45 good people,” the LORD replied, “I won't destroy the city.” “Suppose there are just 40 good people?” Abraham asked. “Even for them,” the LORD replied, “I won't destroy the city.” Abraham said, “Please don't be angry, LORD, if I ask you what you will do if there are only 30 good people in the city.” “If I find 30,” the LORD replied, “I still won't destroy it.” Then Abraham said, “I don't have any right to ask you, LORD, but what would you do if you find only 20?” “Because of them, I won't destroy the city,” was the LORD's answer. Finally, Abraham said, “Please don't get angry, LORD, if I speak just once more. Suppose you find only 10 good people there.” “For the sake of 10 good people,” the LORD told him, “I still won't destroy the city.” After speaking with Abraham, the LORD left, and Abraham went back home.
CEV: Contemporary English Version

Read Full Chapter
Download The Bible App Now
Bible App

Download the Bible App for Kids
Bible App for Kids

Compare Different Versions of this Verse

Free Reading Plans and Devotionals related to Genesis 18:26-33​

Hey God, Can We Talk? I Want to Be Closer to You Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Hey God, Can We Talk? I Want to Be Closer to You

Divine Separation Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Divine Separation

God Is Listening: Devotions From Time Of Grace Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
God Is Listening: Devotions From Time Of Grace

Do You Really Trust God? Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Do You Really Trust God?

Bold Prayer: Devotions From Time Of Grace Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Bold Prayer: Devotions From Time Of Grace

My Fame His Fame Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
My Fame His Fame

Iron Sharpens Iron: Life-to-Life® Mentoring in the Old Testament Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Iron Sharpens Iron: Life-to-Life® Mentoring in the Old Testament

Jesus, I Want to Love You Part 5 Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Jesus, I Want to Love You Part 5

How Then, Shall We Pray?
Is Justice Possible? A 7-Day Devotional
Effective Prayer
Father Abraham
God’s Word For Times Like These
Henry Cloud & John Townsend - Life Journey
The Aetherlight Episode 1 Family Plan
The Aetherlight Episode 1 Resistance Plan
FEARLESS - Boldly Pursuing Jesus And His Mission
Is Jesus Your Best Friend?
Life of Abraham
NIV Once-A-Day Bible
NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Women
NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Leaders
NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Teens
Jesus in All of Genesis - a Video Devotional
Life Of Integrity
  • English (US)

If it is a sin then God would still consider it a sin, So the real question is would God forgive a sin?

committing a sin for the benefit of a group, well one may consider it beneficial but Do you believe God would because friends will not be passing judgment.

As long as your friends you may remain friends but with no regard for rules then

Et tu Brute, backstabber, fair weather friend, snitch, and the list goes on. I am sure at one time they were friends.

Genesis 18:26-33 CEV​

The LORD replied, “If I find 50 good people in Sodom, I will save the city to keep them from being killed.” Abraham answered, “I am nothing more than the dust of the earth. Please forgive me, LORD, for daring to speak to you like this. But suppose there are only 45 good people in Sodom. Would you still wipe out the whole city?” “If I find 45 good people,” the LORD replied, “I won't destroy the city.” “Suppose there are just 40 good people?” Abraham asked. “Even for them,” the LORD replied, “I won't destroy the city.” Abraham said, “Please don't be angry, LORD, if I ask you what you will do if there are only 30 good people in the city.” “If I find 30,” the LORD replied, “I still won't destroy it.” Then Abraham said, “I don't have any right to ask you, LORD, but what would you do if you find only 20?” “Because of them, I won't destroy the city,” was the LORD's answer. Finally, Abraham said, “Please don't get angry, LORD, if I speak just once more. Suppose you find only 10 good people there.” “For the sake of 10 good people,” the LORD told him, “I still won't destroy the city.” After speaking with Abraham, the LORD left, and Abraham went back home.
CEV: Contemporary English Version

Read Full Chapter
Download The Bible App Now
Bible App

Download the Bible App for Kids
Bible App for Kids

Compare Different Versions of this Verse

Free Reading Plans and Devotionals related to Genesis 18:26-33​

Hey God, Can We Talk? I Want to Be Closer to You Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Hey God, Can We Talk? I Want to Be Closer to You

Divine Separation Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Divine Separation

God Is Listening: Devotions From Time Of Grace Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
God Is Listening: Devotions From Time Of Grace

Do You Really Trust God? Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Do You Really Trust God?

Bold Prayer: Devotions From Time Of Grace Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Bold Prayer: Devotions From Time Of Grace

My Fame His Fame Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
My Fame His Fame

Iron Sharpens Iron: Life-to-Life® Mentoring in the Old Testament Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Iron Sharpens Iron: Life-to-Life® Mentoring in the Old Testament

Jesus, I Want to Love You Part 5 Genesis 18:26-33 Contemporary English Version
Jesus, I Want to Love You Part 5

How Then, Shall We Pray?
Is Justice Possible? A 7-Day Devotional
Effective Prayer
Father Abraham
God’s Word For Times Like These
Henry Cloud & John Townsend - Life Journey
The Aetherlight Episode 1 Family Plan
The Aetherlight Episode 1 Resistance Plan
FEARLESS - Boldly Pursuing Jesus And His Mission
Is Jesus Your Best Friend?
Life of Abraham
NIV Once-A-Day Bible
NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Women
NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Leaders
NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Teens
Jesus in All of Genesis - a Video Devotional
Life Of Integrity
  • English (US)

Not that I have worked at every school...but the ones I have worked in have a hard and fast rule that there is no talking in detention--and the students are seated well apart. It is hard for them to connect during detention, so where are they forming and acting on their friendships?

Second, students are still learning by experience. A more realistic theme might be the students believe they are doing the right thing, but it all falls apart because possibly it wasn't the right path to begin with (road to hell paved with good intentions), but they learn from it.

Without making it fatal, try a story where there are several classmates who need help, but only enough time, energy, resources to help one. Which one is chosen is why, and in the end would time have been better spent on another selection and why.

Wrong thing, right reasons has been done to death. One might start out with someone(s) doing the wrong thing, all who are affected by it, and all the steps it takes to right that wrong, and what part never can be made right.

Students are naturally rambunctious. Forget rambunctious and focus on unique. What makes each character unique? Rambunctious can be a cliche because rambunctious kids are found everywhere. Rambunctious doesn't make them unique.

Good question. I think you CAN commit something that would normally be considered a sin, if that action warranted it. For instance, to take the life of another human being IS a sin, but if it's in self-defense? Who's to say?

Either that or the death penalty. Or, using karate against them.

Not that I have worked at every school...but the ones I have worked in have a hard and fast rule that there is no talking in detention--and the students are seated well apart. It is hard for them to connect during detention, so where are they forming and acting on their friendships?

If they're in detention there's a pretty big chance that they won't be following the rules anyways. Just saying.

I think intent comes into play. Say you are attacked in your own home and you have handgun. Did you give them a warning that you are armed? Did you tell them the cops have been called and are on their way? Did you tell them to take your wallet that's on the kitchen counter and go? Do you have a siren that goes off and is super loud? Maybe the noise scares them off. Are you trying to kill them or stop them if you have to shoot at them, what is your top priority? Self defense and defending others? Not that I can speak for God, but if I believe the attacker(s) want to kill me after all that then I start shooting. Not to kill but to stop them. And if they die, then they die and it's on them not me. I'm going to aim for center mass, I won't be aiming for an arm or a leg, but at that point I've done what I could to avoid a shooting. Hopefully God is okay with that.

If they're in detention there's a pretty big chance that they won't be following the rules anyways.
Or doing much else. Rule of thumb: Detention kids (as opposed to suspended kids) are the ones not doing, an apathetic atmosphere. However, when writing a story, it is not real life anyway, so you can make up a real cool detention room with real cool characters. Good luck.

Or doing much else. Rule of thumb: Detention kids (as opposed to suspended kids) are the ones not doing, an apathetic atmosphere. However, when writing a story, it is not real life anyway, so you can make up a real cool detention room with real cool characters. Good luck.

Mind if I ask what your job was? Were you a teacher or something else? Thanks btw. :)

Forum List

Back