What Do You Think George Washington Would Have Thought About Mandates?

No. No he didn't at all. Where did you get such a nonsense idea?

At the time it was well known that people who were infected with cowpox did not get small pox. They were sick for a few days but did not die, suffer debilitating illness or scarring. Washington ordered that pus from cowpox be administered to his army. He never ordered anyone in his troops to take the inoculations.

It was quite impossible for Washington to make such a ridiculous order. What would he do with dissenters? Dishonorable discharge? The men were free to walk away and many did. Don't try selling actual silly stuff.

Wrong.
Jenner did not discover cowpox and use it for a vaccine for another 20 years plus.
Washington did NOT order cowpox infection, but ACTUAL smallpox deliberate infection.
They got the smallpox infection from old sores of those recovering, with the hope if being mild, but it WAS smallpox, NOT cowpox.

Wrong.
Jenner did not discover cowpox and use it for a vaccine for another 20 years plus.
Washington did NOT order cowpox infection, but ACTUAL smallpox deliberate infection.
They got the smallpox infection from old sores of those recovering, with the hope if being mild, but it WAS smallpox, NOT cowpox.
There was no vaccine. It was an inoculation of cowpox pus.

Variolation is a means of infecting someone in a way that is less serious in order to bring about immunity.

It is low budget vaccination.

Just stop troll

This entire thread is a huge fail

Either masks or vaccine related. The reason why I say George Washington is because since he was our very first president and he already knew that America was founded upon liberty and freedom of choice, I wonder what he would think knowing that we have rolled all the way down Mount Rushmore since the day we became a free country. For the record though, I don't think a lot of presidents would be too happy with the way things are today.
Being that life expectancy only averaged 38 years for white males back then anyway, and under the circumstances at the time, of course he'd have told them to fuck off with their royal mandates.

Variolation is a means of infecting someone in a way that is less serious in order to bring about immunity.

It is low budget vaccination.

Just stop troll

This entire thread is a huge fail

In no way is variolation at all a vaccination.
Variolation is deliberate infection with the actual pathogen.
The only attempt at weakening it was to get it from someone recovering, so that it was not the most lethal strain.
Cowpox was not discovered to be a vaccine for many decades.

In no way is variolation at all a vaccination.
Variolation is deliberate infection with the actual pathogen.
The only attempt at weakening it was to get it from someone recovering, so that it was not the most lethal strain.
Cowpox was not discovered to be a vaccine for many decades.
Wrong.

They got it from someone who was recovering or had been variolated AND they initiated the infection via skin scratch...known to cause less severe infection than through aerosol infection.

For all intents and purposes...vaccination

Mandated.

Go sit in the corner now

It was NOT a vaccination, because vaccines had not been invented yet and would not be for over 20 years.
It was deliberate infection, called variolation.
And it was NOT with cow pox, but the real thing, smallpox.
Even better in reinforcing the idea that Old George WOULD have approved... thank you for the ammunition... :cool:

Wrong.

They got it from someone who was recovering or had been variolated AND they initiated the infection via skin scratch...known to cause less severe infection than through aerosol infection.

For all intents and purposes...vaccination

Mandated.

Go sit in the corner now

And with covid 2 years ago we could have done exactly the same thing.
We could have obtained actual covid samples from people recovering, and done skin scratches.
We could have ended covid in less than 2 months, and saver over 700,000 lives.

So variolation is NOT at all vaccination, in any way.

Nor was Washington trying to mandate all federal employees or contractors.
He only orders soldiers under his chain of command, in a war time emergency.

Entirely different than the controversial mRNA injections in peace time.

Even better in reinforcing the idea that Old George WOULD have approved... thank you for the ammunition... :cool:

I approve of real infection with covid 2 years ago, because that would have worked and saved over 700,000 lives.
What I do not approve of is mRNA injections that have been proven to not end the epidemic at all.

Yes, and Washington most definitely did NOT mandate vaccinations.
It was not vaccinations because vaccinations were not invented yet, what Washington ordered was deliberate infection with smallpox.
And it was not a mandate because it was an order that only applied to troops, and the troops were all volunteers who could just have left instead.
A MANDATE is a law imposed on all.
Remember this...

No matter how long you wiggle and dance the last three drops always go down your pants.

1641331440262.png

Seems your just pissing down your front.

Educate yourself.

Remember this...

No matter how long you wiggle and dance the last three drops always go down your pants.

View attachment 583588

Educate yourself.

It was a fail thread, because as you pointed out, Washington did mandate vaccines (or what they had then) for his troops. Perhaps that should lend guidance to the Sup Ct if they take up the military's power over troops, but my experience is that precedent and even literal words are only important to any Justice if she/he sees them useful.

But the larger question is whether local govt can enforce quarantines. And they did that both with smallpox and the 1918 flu. I'm not sure what would be the difference with quarantine and mask mandate.

Employers can always mandate employees observe safety rules. What Ford did in the early 20th century was .... epic. LOL

What seems new, imo, is Biden's use of Osha rules to require companies to require vaccination or testing. I find that sort of offensive to my parochial notions of federalism and private property ... but I'm old enough to remember when citizens complied with vaccination requirements pretty much without question ... polio, measles, smallpox. Covid at this point is probably not so dangerous that it could take down the entire economy with millions dead and dying on streets. But this is probably not the last pandemic.

No, polio patients are not locked up.
Polio is passed through fecal contamination through swimming pools more than anything else, so lock up accomplish nothing.
The only thing one would to as a precaution is to not cook for others and wash hands more carefully.

Smallpox was not a big deal back then for civilians because people were more spread out and did not move that much.
The danger was because of the concentrated barracks, with people coming in from all over.
The military was 100 times more at risk than average civilians.
Which is why Washington was forced to act.
If not, then the revolution would have been over totally.

Rave on lunatic.

It was a fail thread, because as you pointed out, Washington did mandate vaccines (or what they had then) for his troops. Perhaps that should lend guidance to the Sup Ct if they take up the military's power over troops, but my experience is that precedent and even literal words are only important to any Justice if she/he sees them useful.

But the larger question is whether local govt can enforce quarantines. And they did that both with smallpox and the 1918 flu. I'm not sure what would be the difference with quarantine and mask mandate.

Employers can always mandate employees observe safety rules. What Ford did in the early 20th century was .... epic. LOL

What seems new, imo, is Biden's use of Osha rules to require companies to require vaccination or testing. I find that sort of offensive to my parochial notions of federalism and private property ... but I'm old enough to remember when citizens complied with vaccination requirements pretty much without question ... polio, measles, smallpox. Covid at this point is probably not so dangerous that it could take down the entire economy with millions dead and dying on streets. But this is probably not the last pandemic.
The opposition is not based on science but on the GQP religion of "Own the Dems."
Reasonable people (like myself) delayed on accepting the vaccine until there was sufficient evidence of safety and effectiveness. Both have been clearly demonstrated.
I can accept religious objections as long as that religion is not newfound.
BUT
Not this crap.
If people were reasonable, mandates would not be needed.
BUT
These people are not being reasonable and they're killing others with their stupidity so, mandates.

This world is full of mandates from speed limits, to no parking, to file taxes by Apr 15. Complaining about a mandate simply because it is a mandate is just stupid.

If people have an issue with this take it up with FOX, OANN, and the rest of the VACCINATED people telling people not to get vaccinated.

As for Biden's OSHA rule? He used the method available to him because Congress is incapable of governing.

Remember this...

View attachment 583588

Educate yourself.

Wrong.
Washington ordered his troops, in war, to prevent defeat, by deliberate infection, ahead of time.
Biden is trying to extort private contractors to take a ridiculous mRNA injection proven to not work, instead of the deliberate infection we know would have worked years ago.

You totally miss the point.
What Washington did was necessary and effective, not only with the smallpox epidemic, but to defeat the British.
What Biden is doing is contrary to science, with a ridiculous injection that does not work.
If he ordered deliberate infection like Washington did, we could have ended this epidemic a long time ago.
But mRNA injection can never work.
All they do is stimulate spike protein production, and the immune system can't remember or trigger off spike proteins.
Its impossible.

The opposition is not based on science but on the GQP religion of "Own the Dems."
Reasonable people (like myself) delayed on accepting the vaccine until there was sufficient evidence of safety and effectiveness. Both have been clearly demonstrated.
I can accept religious objections as long as that religion is not newfound.
BUT
Not this crap.
If people were reasonable, mandates would not be needed.
BUT
These people are not being reasonable and they're killing others with their stupidity so, mandates.

This world is full of mandates from speed limits, to no parking, to file taxes by Apr 15. Complaining about a mandate simply because it is a mandate is just stupid.

If people have an issue with this take it up with FOX, OANN, and the rest of the VACCINATED people telling people not to get vaccinated.

As for Biden's OSHA rule? He used the method available to him because Congress is incapable of governing.

Wrong.
The mRNA injections have been proven to be both ineffective and 10 times more dangerous than real vaccines.

The mRNA injections can not work like a vaccine because they do not contain any virus or pathogen at all.
All they do is contain some mRNA that gets our own cells to start growing spike proteins.
That is incredibly dangerous and stupid.
It is dangerous because it can move around and kill us by making brain or heart cells grow spike proteins, and stupid because the immune system can not remember or trigger on just spike proteins.

If you want to end the epidemic, the do something that can really work, like deliberate infection of volunteers under 40.

Forum List

Back