What Constitutes Racism To You?

Do you consider racism a problem today?

• Yes, it's a big problem.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Yes, it's there, but not a big problem today.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • There's just the right of racism that exists today.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, racism is mostly a thing of the past, barely a problem today.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No, racism actually never existed. Much less today.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lots of white people have been hanged. Why would the statement be racist?
You have absolutely no idea huh? Yeah, right.

Marky Mark,

Many folks of all races have been hanged over the centuries. Even someone with your obsessive racial thing can acknowledge that. So why would a generic statement about hanging reference only blacks? Can you explain logically?

Thanks. :)

Marky Mark,

Many folks of all races have been hanged over the centuries. Even someone with your obsessive racial thing can acknowledge that. So why would a generic statement about hanging reference only blacks? Can you explain logically?

Have you answered the OP?

Marky Mark,

A question with a question. :) The first sign of intellectual cowardice. But then no answer is always an answer, is it not?

Yes, I answered your poll question. Questions do not scare me. Obviously they scare you. Too bad. :(

Marky Mark,

How old are you? How old must a person be NOT to consider CONTEXT?

The woman brought up attending a hanging out of the blue, for no reason, in the one State that happens to have hung the most blacks in history.

And has the most bigoted and racist history.

When it comes to racism in America, the states you look at are Mississippi, Alabama, Texas and Georgia.

Mississippi is always first on that list, of the worst, no matter how you twist it.

But, according to your brain, we should ignore these facts.

Right?

I'm going to go with the black definition:
anything I want to be racism is racism

It's a tad disingenous when one asks a Q, then insists on choices towards their own construed metric they'd like to apply Marc.

Kinda like asking 'what's your fav color' (pun intended) , then posting >>>>

1)red
2)white
3)blue

As such, you'll allow me to answer up as>>>

"One who backs me into a corner,and gives me no choice but their own"

thx for playin'

~S~

Marky Mark,

The woman brought up attending a hanging out of the blue, for no reason, in the one State that happens to have hung the most blacks in history.

When it comes to racism in America, the states you look at are Mississippi, Alabama, Texas and Georgia.

Mississippi is always first on that list, of the worst, no matter how you twist it.

Right?

The context in which her statement was made did not reference race at all. Therefore, to assume she meant something racially offensive is just that.....an assumption.

Look Mark...I do not know this woman from Mississippi. She might be the biggest racist on planet Earth...I don't know.

But my default position for anyone, regardless of race, is to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I don't like as Clarence Thomas said....."high tech lynchings" via media assholes with an agenda who provide zero facts to support their smears. Facts really should matter.

As an aside, I think one thing we can agree on is their is a major need for criminal justice reform. I hope the Dems in Congress will work with Trump to make this happen. I find it ironic than our Courts are one of the last bastions of true racism in this Country. Why did Obama as a lawyer not address this as President? Shameful.

There is a mountain of evidence (not opinion) to support the fact that Blacks are sentenced unfairly when compared to Whites. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Marky Mark,

Right?

Your party just voted in a woman who wants to put an end to the only Jewish state. What the hell are you talking about?

Marky Mark,

Right?

The context in which her statement was made did not reference race at all. Therefore, to assume she meant something racially offensive is just that.....an assumption.

Look Mark...I do not know this woman from Mississippi. She might be the biggest racist on planet Earth...I don't know.

But my default position for anyone, regardless of race, is to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I don't like as Clarence Thomas said....."high tech lynchings" via media assholes with an agenda who provide zero facts to support their smears. Facts really should matter.

As an aside, I think one thing we can agree on is their is a major need for criminal justice reform. I hope the Dems in Congress will work with Trump to make this happen. I find it ironic than our Courts are one of the last bastions of true racism in this Country. Why did Obama as a lawyer not address this as President? Shameful.

There is a mountain of evidence (not opinion) to support the fact that Blacks are sentenced unfairly when compared to Whites. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Now realistically what do you think would have happened if Obama had truly taken strong steps to stop racism? Trump is not going to do anything about criminal justice reform.

Marky Mark,

Right?

Now realistically what do you think would have happened if Obama had truly taken strong steps to stop racism? Trump is not going to do anything about criminal justice reform.

You mean Obama didn't try to stop racism? Really? And to be clear, I specifically said Obama did nothing about criminal justice reform. Please pay attention. :)

Give me an example of how they confront it head on. I just ignore it unless it is blatantly in my face. Being a Jew, I think I understand more about antisemitism than you do. Dumbass.
You've got no room to be calling anyone a dumbass and I'd advise to you keep from making this personal instead of commenting on the subject matter.

Furthermore, why do you keep mentioning the fact that you're Jewish? You always seem to lead with that, why? And I don't care that you consider yourself more knowledgeble when it comes to antisemitism because antisemitism is not what I was commenting on. I was commenting on attempting to deal with a crime problem even a hate crime by attempting to placate, ignore, not attract further attention or not do or say anything that might make the situation worse such as you were suggesting - that these crimes should just be ignored.

Also I'd love to know how you went from a hypothectical situation where you were asking your audience to imagine that they hate Jews to you actually falsely stating that I do? There is another guy on this message board that is always touting his Jewishness and he's flat out a racist at least when it comes to black people but the two of you are very arrangant & condescending and woefully misinformed - about a lot of things.

Give me an example of how they confront it head on. I just ignore it unless it is blatantly in my face. Being a Jew, I think I understand more about antisemitism than you do. Dumbass.
You've got no room to be calling anyone a dumbass and I'd advise to you keep from making this personal instead of commenting on the subject matter.

Furthermore, why do you keep mentioning the fact that you're Jewish? You always seem to lead with that, why? And I don't care that you consider yourself more knowledgeble when it comes to antisemitism because antisemitism is not what I was commenting on. I was commenting on attempting to deal with a crime problem even a hate crime by attempting to placate, ignore, not attract further attention or not do or say anything that might make the situation worse such as you were suggesting - that these crimes should just be ignored.

Also I'd love to know how you went from a hypothectical situation where you were asking your audience to imagine that they hate Jews to you actually falsely stating that I do? There is another guy on this message board that is always touting his Jewishness and he's flat out a racist at least when it comes to black people but the two of you are very arrangant & condescending and woefully misinformed - about a lot of things.

Because Jews have faced antisemitism for 4K yrs. We persevere. We don’t make excuses. This is what the Leftists do for African Americans. You can tell by my name that I a Jew. You don’t have to see my skin color. I never make excuses I just live. Jews started their own businesses and universities. Hence many are in professional services jobs such as attorneys, doctors, accountants and bankers. Judaism is not a religion but a culture. We don’t shoot one another we help one another.

We have risen so far that many like you don’t even believe that antisemitism still exists and if it does it doesn’t impact Jews. The stark reminder is how Israel is treated by the Democrat Party.

I lead with this to illustrate that I am one of the largest minorities in the US. There are approx 6.5 mil Jews. Less than 2% of the population of the US. There are 30 million African Americans. So spare me the racism talk. Man up and be thankful you live in the US.

And as far as your lead in. You are a dumbass and I would advise you to Never give me your dumbass advice.

There are different types of racism, including institutionalized racism, internalized racism and individual racism.

Institutionalized racism is the foundation that this country was built on and is still in place today. It is the reason we need things like affirmative action. Systems were put in place that keep marginalized groups from having the same opportunities and advantages as white people. Don’t bother denying it; you know it’s true.

Internalized racism is when someone—say, a black person—believes all the negative things that white people say about black people. They internalize it and turn it outward onto other black people. Think Pill Bill Cosby telling young black men to pull their pants up or telling Eddie Murphy not to cuss in his comedy sets. Think Stacey Dash calling Rep. Maxine Waters a buffoon and going on Fox News decrying her own people. Think Kanye West saying that slavery was a choice. All of these are good examples of internalized racism.

Individual racism is one person committing acts of racism against another—whether they be microaggressions or outright attacks against another person because of his or her race.

The thing that ties all of these together is the idea that one race (in this case, white people) is better than another race (black people, for this example).

https://www.theroot.com/for-white-people-who-pretend-to-not-understand-what-rac-1826427170

Because Jews have faced antisemitism for 4K yrs. We persevere. We don’t make excuses. This is what the Leftists do for African Americans. You can tell by my name that I a Jew. You don’t have to see my skin color. I never make excuses I just live. Jews started their own businesses and universities. Hence many are in professional services jobs such as attorneys, doctors, accountants and bankers. Judaism is not a religion but a culture. We don’t shoot one another we help one another.

We have risen so far that many like you don’t even believe that antisemitism still exists and if it does it doesn’t impact Jews. The stark reminder is how Israel is treated by the Democrat Party.

I lead with this to illustrate that I am one of the largest minorities in the US. There are approx 6.5 mil Jews. Less than 2% of the population of the US. There are 30 million African Americans. So spare me the racism talk. Man up and be thankful you live in the US.

And as far as your lead in. You are a dumbass and I would advise you to Never give me your dumbass advice.

White Jews owned black slaves in America. There have been white Jews that participated in Jim crow ad in todays modern racism. White Jewish racism against blacks is rampant in Israel and the blacks are Jews. So man up and accept the fact that we as blacks don't need to listen to your jewfish ass.

African-American rabbi tackles racism in the Jewish community

By JOSEFIN DOLSTEN/JTA
October 12, 2018

When Shais Rishon thinks of American Jewish literature, virtually no Jews of color come to mind — as characters or authors.

“We’re invisible, pretty much,” he told JTA.

As an African-American Orthodox rabbi, Rishon hopes to change that.

He recently published a semi-autobiographical novel titled “Ariel Samson: Freelance Rabbi,” under his pen name, MaNishtana. The main character, Ariel, is a 20-something black rabbi navigating life and work in the New York Jewish community while attempting to reconcile his identities.

Rishon, 36, says many of the racist experiences Ariel faces within the Jewish community are either based on his own life or stories told to him by other Jews of color. One episode, in which Ariel confronts an Orthodox New York assemblyman over wearing a blackface costume on Purim, is a “verbatim” recollection of a conversation that Rishon had with a real local politician who did that.

More.

Rishon says he has received threatening and angry messages in response to his writing about racism in the Jewish community.

African-American Orthodox rabbi tackles racism in the Jewish community

White Jews owned black slaves in America. There have been white Jews that participated in Jim crow ad in todays modern racism. White Jewish racism against blacks is rampant in Israel and the blacks are Jews. So man up and accept the fact that we as blacks don't need to listen to your jewfish ass.

African-American rabbi tackles racism in the Jewish community

By JOSEFIN DOLSTEN/JTA
October 12, 2018

When Shais Rishon thinks of American Jewish literature, virtually no Jews of color come to mind — as characters or authors.

“We’re invisible, pretty much,” he told JTA.

As an African-American Orthodox rabbi, Rishon hopes to change that.

He recently published a semi-autobiographical novel titled “Ariel Samson: Freelance Rabbi,” under his pen name, MaNishtana. The main character, Ariel, is a 20-something black rabbi navigating life and work in the New York Jewish community while attempting to reconcile his identities.

Rishon, 36, says many of the racist experiences Ariel faces within the Jewish community are either based on his own life or stories told to him by other Jews of color. One episode, in which Ariel confronts an Orthodox New York assemblyman over wearing a blackface costume on Purim, is a “verbatim” recollection of a conversation that Rishon had with a real local politician who did that.

More.

Rishon says he has received threatening and angry messages in response to his writing about racism in the Jewish community.

African-American Orthodox rabbi tackles racism in the Jewish community

What Jews? Pre Civil War? Were there even Jews in America? I never said all Jews are perfect. Hell, many stupidly vote Blue. But there are a lot of African Americans who are racist too. What is your point? If you’re a black man or woman the safest place for you to live in the Middle East is Israel.

Forum List

Back