Zone1 What Comes After Death?

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
I was thinking about this the other night, some people believe that after death comes heaven or hell, some believe in reincarnation, is there an afterlife?

What do atheists believe happens after death since there is no higher being? Mormons believe in different tiers, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in a resurrection, it is so all over the board. What about once you die, you are just dead, no afterlife, no nothing?

Just curious about people’s beliefs.

Where? If you don’t believe in God then you go back to dust and it is over?
The body is just the vehicle, the spirit gets to punch its ticket and go back for another ride, unlike zombie Jesus who rose from the dead to live in his old body.

I was thinking about this the other night, some people believe that after death comes heaven or hell, some believe in reincarnation, is there an afterlife?

What do atheists believe happens after death since there is no higher being? Mormons believe in different tiers, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in a resurrection, it is so all over the board. What about once you die, you are just dead, no afterlife, no nothing?

Atheists' opinions are always individual opinions. By definition of the word 'atheist', we are not a group.

As an atheist, my opinion is that there is nothing after death. I think that at least most atheists would agree.

Couldn't you even state your question in a way that would make sense?

cremation

The body is just the vehicle, the spirit gets to punch its ticket and go back for another ride, unlike zombie Jesus who rose from the dead to live in his old body.
How do you know? If there is no higher being, how does the spirit move?

Atheists' opinions are always individual opinions. By definition of the word 'atheist', we are not a group.

As an atheist, my opinion is that there is nothing after death. I think that at least most atheists would agree.

Couldn't you even state your question in a way that would make sense?
I was asking what happens after you die, that is it, and you believe we go back to the earth, got it.

It is odd though, most atheists when they have a funeral it is full of religious symbolism and often even scripture or the like. Why not just a quick shout out at the morgue "this man lived, now he is dead. The end"? It should be a in and out procedure, no window dressing. I believe most.want to have their cake and eat it too...live however they choose, destroy whom they want and believe God will somehow find it in himself to give them entry to heaven

Where does the light go..when you flick the switch to off?
That's where we go~

It is odd though, most atheists when they have a funeral it is full of religious symbolism and often even scripture or the like. Why not just a quick shout out at the morgue "this man lived, now he is dead. The end"? It should be a in and out procedure, no window dressing. I believe most.want to have their cake and eat it too...live however they choose, destroy whom they want and believe God will somehow find it in himself to give them entry to heaven
Many atheists have a celebration of life with no religious aspect being a part of it. In some cases I've seen some atheists' wishes to exclude religion be ignored by surviving family.

Everything you say is from your point of view of a paranoid obsession against police and authority.

The question of there being an afterlife or not can have no definitive answer and is therefore meaningless. The belief exists to give people some comfort in the face of their inevitable death. I don't like to mock this belief if it's something that helps people but I can't buy it. None of it makes any sense.

Many atheists have a celebration of life with no religious aspect being a part of it. In some cases I've seen some atheists' wishes to exclude religion be ignored by surviving family.

Everything you say is from your point of view of a paranoid obsession against police and authority.
Feel free to contact the FBI and ask them what they think about the details I provided. I didn't ask to be persecuted by dishonest provocateurs,.nor to be made aware of who they are, fully exposing themselves by their own "methods". I.was willing to join the U.S mi!itary in their fight aganst terrorists, as a young, healthy man in his early 30s. It's fairly clear that I am not the threat.

Last edited:
Does a human need a higher being to move from one place to another?
A physical one no, not sure about a spiritual one, and would you remember your past experiences if you move to another being?

Forum List

Back