Zone1 What are you focused on when you go to Church or attempt to follow God?

What covenants did you make with the Lord when you were baptized?
How do you receive the ordinance of the Sacrament or Eucharist?
The bread "represents" the flesh and wine "represents" the blood. Did anyone chew on Christ's body after His resurrection? Did anyone stand under the cross and catch His literal blood with a cup? No and no. We eat the bread and drink the wine in "remembrance" of His sacrifice. He said in John chapter 6 that the words He spoke were "spiritual" and that "the flesh profiteth nothing."

Many religionists will claim that the wafer literally transforms into actual flesh. I challenge anyone to put it under an electron microscope and prove that it is actual flesh. Of course, they would be sadly mistaken. It will still be a cracker.

How is eating the body of Christ and drinking the blood of Christ not cannibalism?
When the profound meaning of what Jesus said at the last supper is take more literally the explanation is clear. The manner in which most "Christian Churches" present it reduces the importance and turns it into an unacceptable condition. Read his instructions on how often this should be done.

Last edited:
The bread "represents" the flesh and wine "represents" the blood. Did anyone chew on Christ's body after His resurrection? Did anyone stand under the cross and catch His literal blood with a cup? No and no. We eat the bread and drink the wine in "remembrance" of His sacrifice. He said in John chapter 6 that the words He spoke were "spiritual" and that "the flesh profiteth nothing."
Agreed. But Catholic teachings disagrees with us. They teach there is a transformation in our bodies after we swallow. Not sure about chewing the bread.

Agreed. But Catholic teachings disagrees with us. They teach there is a transformation in our bodies after we swallow. Not sure about chewing the bread.

All of the priests I have watched chew.

This was a big thing among kids when my husband was a young Catholic boy -- to chew or not to chew.

She said, "I didn't see anything because I was so focused on this glass, so the water wouldn't fall."
Any waitress who reads this would be laughing and shaking her head. Anyone who carefully watches a full glass of water as they they walk along with it is going to get spills and splashes. Ironically, walking normally without looking at the glass of water won't have these spills. Try it.

On the other hand, obviously the lady did have the wrong focus. How can the themes of the readings and homily from this past weekend? I try to hold onto them for an entire week...but forget them more often than not. This past Sunday was the lessons from the sower and the seed, and in Old Testament how rain and snow do not return to the heavens until they have accomplished their purpose on earth. Each day are we accomplishing the purpose God set for us that day? Are we preparing the soil of our hearts, minds, and souls so that seeds may take root and produce?

Yes, this week, I am remembering, but there are way too many times when I wake up Monday morning and the lessons we were given for this coming week has slipped my mind entirely.

Everyone chews. The question is when does the bread transform into the flesh of Christ. While chewing or in the gut?
No need to complicate something simple. Jesus took bread, blessed it and broke it, and said, "Take and eat, for this is my body which will be given up for you." No mention of chewing or what happens in the gut.

We Are One Body, One Body in Christ is a Catholic communion hymn. My favorite verse is Christ saying, "You are my body and my hands and feet; my word of light to everyone you meet."

I don't consider listening to wannabe rock bands and self-help promoters to be worship. Do you?
I don't go to places with rock bands (let alone 'wannabe rock bands') or self promoters. Don't you have a place of worship in your area where the focus is on scripture readings and the homily on the theme(s) of those readings?

The clock mostly. Anything more than 45 minutes and I know that damn collection plate is about to start coming back around a second time because folks committed the sin of stinginess the first time around and pastor man has got to get his. I am a god through nature do business in the great waters kind of guy. I have a much better relationship with god staying as far away from churches as I can these days except wedding, funerals, and christmas. 2 of the 3 they haven't figured out how to dip in a bucket of fire and brimstone yet.

Forum List

Back