What Are Trumps Business Connections to Russia?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
While this is a question that libtards love to bring up in their incessant attacks on Trump, there is a legitimate concern here.

In the abstract, if Trump has vast holdings in Russia or with Putins supporting oligarchs, he could have undue influence from Putin via threats to confiscate his property or call in loans.

This should be investigated quickly and fairly, but the question as to whether the Democrats would ever cooperate with anything that is not a kangaroo court is troubling and blocks any objective final report by implication.

I have found a number of articles that various journalists have dug into, and I am using mostly anti-Trump sources to get the worst case/spin possible to see if there is any plausible room for doubts about Trump.

So I started with CNN and found this:
These are Donald Trump's ties to Russia - CNNPolitics.com
But he has had dealings in the country. We took a look at a few of them.
Miss Universe Moscow
In 2013 Trump made millions when he partnered with Russian billionaire Aras Agalarov to host Miss Universe in Moscow....
Trump Tower Moscow
An attempt to build a Trump Tower in Moscow fell through before it began. CNN didn't find any projects that were actually completed in Russia....
Trump Vodka
Trump put down no money, slapped his name on a brand and claimed royalties. Drinks Americas Holdings actually made the vodka. However, the company's former CEO told CNNMoney they didn't make much headway into the Russian market...
Palm Beach mansion sale
Trump sold a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida, to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev for $95 million....
"Russians" investing in Trump
In 2008, Donald Trump Jr. said Trump's businesses "see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."
"And in terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; - (note this is Trump Jr talking about his own investments in 2008)...
Trademarks
Trump hired the law firm Sojuzpatent to file at least eight trademarks in Russia between 1996 and 2008, including "Trump," "Trump Home" and "Trump Tower."

These are the top six items that CNN brought forward then goes into trivia about Trumps supporters.
So investing in a foreign country or partnering with its businessmen is proof that you are controlled by that nation, according to the leftist bigots at CNN. A beauty pageant from four years ago is evidence of corruption and being owned? roflmao

Deutsche bank investigated Trump ties to Russia and found nothing prior to giving him more loans.
Deutsche Bank examined Trump's account for Russia links
The internal review found no evidence of any Russia link, but Deutsche Bank is coming under pressure to appoint an external and independent auditor to review its business relationship with President Trump.​

Bloomberg, anti-Trumper publication, investigated and concluded the following:
Behind Trump’s Russia Romance, There’s a Tower Full of Oligarchs
The bottom line: Trump was heavily leveraged when he built World Tower in Manhattan, which Russians flocked to.

Oh, no, Trump let some Russians buy units in Trump Tower - he cannot be fit to be President. When I think of Clintons 'charity' I cannot help but to bust out laughing.

USA Today claims that Trumps 'ties to Russia' go back 30 years, lol.
Donald Trump's ties to Russia go back 30 years

1987: Trump was invited to Moscow by the Soviet ambassador to the United States to discuss luxury hotel developments. Trump later told Playboy magazine that his plans to build hotels in Moscow failed because the country “was out of control and the leadership knows it.” Four years later, on Christmas Day, the Soviet Union officially dissolved, and Russians who had been allowed to buy state-owned enterprises amassed enormous fortunes.​

ROFLMAO, so being invited to a country constitutes having ties to the libtards.

These people hate Trump so much for derailing Hilary's coronation that they cannot even think rationally.

MSM does a lovely job lying to sheeple who can't research information just as you just did. They see a headline from their controlled msm and it's end of story. That goes for any dam topic that doesn't fit their controlled thinking.

MSM does a lovely job lying to sheeple who can't research information just as you just did. They see a headline from their controlled msm and it's end of story. That goes for any dam topic that doesn't fit their controlled thinking.
This is why our public school system no longer teaches critical thinking and formal reason; they want a mass of idiots that they can lead by the nose.

But these Master of the Universe dont seem to realize that this also makes the populace into a mob that might find feeding on the rich to be a reasonable idea.

Last edited:
This is why our public school system no longer teaches critical thinking and forma reason; they want a mass of idiots that they can lead by the nose, but these Master of the Universe dont seem to realize that this also makes the populace into a mob that might find feeding on the rich to be a reasonable idea.

Hahah look your old avatar sorry had to show you
upload_2017-5-3_11-27-41.png

That Pesky Constitution | The Solari Report Blog

The woman who runs this site is on infowars live show ...

Democrats don't need actual ties to Russia. They can "investigate " ties to Russia. It's just as good. All they need is to be able to say Trump and Russia in the same sentence.

Democrats don't need actual ties to Russia. They can "investigate " ties to Russia. It's just as good. All they need is to be able to say Trump and Russia in the same sentence.
The the Marxist Media will echo everything that they say.

Problem is that the major media does not give 99% of the public their factoids any more. The internet has replaced them.

Trump sold a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida, to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev for $95 million.

That deal smells to high hell. He pays a little over 40 million, spends 25 million, and sells it for almost a hundred million, the largest private residence sale in history. It is purchased by a trust, was an admitted hidden asset during the divorce of the century, and was never lived in. Five years later the property was appraised for less than sixty million and demolition began. DEMOLITION. Now it is subdivided into three UNDEVELOPED properties of which one has sold, for just over thirty million.

Trump sold a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida, to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev for $95 million.

That deal smells to high hell. He pays a little over 40 million, spends 25 million, and sells it for almost a hundred million, the largest private residence sale in history. It is purchased by a trust, was an admitted hidden asset during the divorce of the century, and was never lived in. Five years later the property was appraised for less than sixty million and demolition began. DEMOLITION. Now it is subdivided into three UNDEVELOPED properties of which one has sold, for just over thirty million.
I do not believe he spent 25 million, at least I never read that....it has always been he bought for 40 million and sold it for 95 million a few years later to a Russian Oligarch through the Cypress Bank, where Wilbur Ross, Trump's commerce secretary was an asst CEO at the bank and handled the sale for the oligarch to trump, and this bank is under investigation for being a money laundering hub for the Russians to avoid sanctions, and sold it in a DOWN TRENDING real estate market....for the 55 million profit.

While this is a question that libtards love to bring up in their incessant attacks on Trump, there is a legitimate concern here.

In the abstract, if Trump has vast holdings in Russia or with Putins supporting oligarchs, he could have undue influence from Putin via threats to confiscate his property or call in loans.

This should be investigated quickly and fairly, but the question as to whether the Democrats would ever cooperate with anything that is not a kangaroo court is troubling and blocks any objective final report by implication..

It isn't Democrats preventing an investigation- that would be your GOP that will not allow any such investigation- and your dear leader who refuses to produce his financials to the American public.

You knew this was an issue before you voted for him- why your sudden concern?

And by 'Democrats' you mean the FBI......

I do not believe he spent 25 million, at least I never read that....it has always been he bought for 40 million and sold it for 95 million a few years later to a Russian Oligarch through the Cypress Bank, where Wilbur Ross, Trump's commerce secretary was an asst CEO at the bank and handled the sale for the oligarch to trump, and this bank is under investigation for being a money laundering hub for the Russians to avoid sanctions, and sold it in a DOWN TRENDING real estate market....for the 55 million profit.

I bought my first townhouse for $95k, and sold it for $211k.

The Russians must own me now, lol.

This should be investigated quickly and fairly, but the question as to whether the Democrats would ever cooperate with anything that is not a kangaroo court is troubling and blocks any objective final report by implication.

I have found a number of articles that various journalists have dug into, and I am using mostly anti-Trump sources to get the worst case/spin possible to see if there is any plausible room for doubts about Trump.

Miss Universe Moscow
In 2013 Trump made millions when he partnered with Russian billionaire Aras Agalarov to host Miss Universe in Moscow....
Trump Tower Moscow
An attempt to build a Trump Tower in Moscow fell through before it began. CNN didn't find any projects that were actually completed in Russia....
Trump Vodka
Trump put down no money, slapped his name on a brand and claimed royalties. Drinks Americas Holdings actually made the vodka. However, the company's former CEO told CNNMoney they didn't make much headway into the Russian market...
Palm Beach mansion sale
Trump sold a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida, to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev for $95 million....
In 2008, Donald Trump Jr. said Trump's businesses "see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."
"And in terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; - (note this is Trump Jr talking about his own investments in 2008)...
Trademarks
Trump hired the law firm Sojuzpatent to file at least eight trademarks in Russia between 1996 and 2008, including "Trump," "Trump Home" and "Trump Tower."

These are the top six items that CNN brought forward then goes into trivia about Trumps supporters.
So investing in a foreign country or partnering with its businessmen is proof that you are controlled by that nation, according to the leftist bigots at CNN. A beauty pageant from four years ago is evidence of corruption and being owned? roflmao

Deutsche bank investigated Trump ties to Russia and found nothing prior to giving him more loans.
The internal review found no evidence of any Russia link, but Deutsche Bank is coming under pressure to appoint an external and independent auditor to review its business relationship with President Trump.​

The bottom line: Trump was heavily leveraged when he built World Tower in Manhattan, which Russians flocked to.

Oh, no, Trump let some Russians buy units in Trump Tower - he cannot be fit to be President. When I think of Clintons 'charity' I cannot help but to bust out laughing.

1987: Trump was invited to Moscow by the Soviet ambassador to the United States to discuss luxury hotel developments. Trump later told Playboy magazine that his plans to build hotels in Moscow failed because the country “was out of control and the leadership knows it.” Four years later, on Christmas Day, the Soviet Union officially dissolved, and Russians who had been allowed to buy state-owned enterprises amassed enormous fortunes.​

These people hate Trump so much for derailing Hilary's coronation that they cannot even think rationally.

Trump's son said they make plenty money with Russia. Why don't you believe him?

Flynn was paid a bunch of money from Russia. Why is that not considered a "tie"?

Who is 'they'? Do you have any idea?

Flynn was paid a bunch of money from Russia. Why is that not considered a "tie"?

Who paid Flynn that money? Got a link?

So this was your plan? To ask silly questions? Trump's son says they make a bunch of money and your response is "who is they?" when Trump's son said it?

If youre already confused then I see why the rest of the info tosses you into a tizzy.

Miss Universe Moscow
Trump Tower Moscow
Trump Vodka
Palm Beach mansion sale
Trademarks

Miss Universe Moscow
Trump Tower Moscow
Trump Vodka
Palm Beach mansion sale
Trademarks

Clinton's charity was investigated by the FBI, the US Senate, the US House, even the CIA looked at foreign connections. They all found nothing. Even the Foundations financials were posted on line.

Trump's Charity is still under criminal investigation and they even admitted wrongdoing.

Trump Foundation Admits Breaking Law in IRS Document

And that is only the beginning.

A couple of things quite funny. Trump says he has no business dealings in Russia and then you list a half dozen. Who is right. You or him.

It's not going to be Trump doing business in Russia that's the problem. It's the money laundering.

Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?

95 million buy without any investigation? Then it's torn down?

That's the purpose of the investigation. To find out the truth.

A patriot would want their man investigated and exonerated. But Republicans are swine. They are pretty sure their guy is a crook and that's why they are doing everything they can to throw up roadblocks. It's party before country. And they are more than willing to let millions of Americans die without healthcare to shovel money to the very rich. Unfortunately, the GOP base is willing to die FOR them.

I found Bidens' son serving on a russian board while dumbo is VP. And other stuff on Pelosi, Kerry etc.

But that's off limits. ?.......shhhhhh.

» The Biden scandal: Where was the outcry?
So I'm reading this article you posted. I'm embarrassed it took me a couple of paragraphs before I realized what nonsense it is. It's truly bizarre.

Going from Biden joining a board of directors as a private citizen to salami to liberalism to diapers to cockroaches to the Ukrainian president to a gas company to the Soviets to the Germans to the Nazi's back to Moscow to concentration camps to vermin to knish to Pelosi and finally to Russia's State Duma.

It's like the delusionals meanderings of a Right Wing Drunk Good Fairy flying first this way and then that.

Forum List

Back