West Virginians strongly disagree with Manchin on voting rights legislation

For starters, I don't agree that most are dumb enough to vote for Democrats, at least not yet. We need voter ID so only eligible people to vote, you know, like every other first-world country requires. Secondly, people need to vote in person when at all possible. Mass mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting are ripe for fraud.

As a side note, when "most" people want to vote themselves money from others we have a huge problem that will quickly put an end to our country. Any working person that votes for the current Democratic Party is extremely naive and gullible and is shooting themselves in the foot but doesn't realize it.

Not every state requires a id. Some states offer voters a range of ids that voters can use. Colorado allows 16 or so different forms of id. There is no evidence of mass mail-in voting fraud. Several of these have been detected and prosecuted. The same with ballot harvesting. If Trump can do it then why can't anyone else.

You have no clue what you are talking about. We help people who need help in this country. The rich and powerful are becoming so rich and powerful that they can buy people, that is when we have a problem.

We already have voter ID. Here in Texas, for example, I have to bring my drivers license to vote.

You cannot renew your Drivers License without a birth certificate

That is a voter ID law, and Texas is the 2nd most populous state. It sounds like you're unsure about what voter IDs are.

Colorado offers 16 different ways of proving who you are. Texas is all about stopping people from voting. There is no reason why only a driver's license should be the only acceptable form of id.

In Texas, the new voting laws would make it harder for minorities to vote. Minority areas that have generally supported
Democrats will get fewer polling. In the 2020 Democrat primaries, minorities had to wait for hours to vote. They may have a even longer wait now. White po0lling places will get more polling places. In Georgia, Republicans are trying to take over the Fulton County Board of Elections. Fulton County has a large number of black voters. There is a racial componenht to it. That is what you are defending.
How will it make it harder? How helpless are minorities?

Not every state requires a id. Some states offer voters a range of ids that voters can use. Colorado allows 16 or so different forms of id. There is no evidence of mass mail-in voting fraud. Several of these have been detected and prosecuted. The same with ballot harvesting. If Trump can do it then why can't anyone else.

You have no clue what you are talking about. We help people who need help in this country. The rich and powerful are becoming so rich and powerful that they can buy people, that is when we have a problem.
Our government has been bought and the people in power are the ones that sold it.

And yet it is the tech billionaires that are HUGE Democratic supporters. Seems as though you have fallen for their scam. They want YOU to be a surf. If you vote for Democrats and are not in one of the extremes(ultra wealthy or very poor) you are an ignorant fool.

You are the ignorant fool. Most CEOs are Republicans. You are the one who has fallen for a scam artist in Donald Trump.

Maybe because they don't believe it is others' responsibility to support them? This is a foreign concept I know for most Democrats. When I waited tables right out of college I didn't expect working professionals to support me. I didn't vote for "free" stuff for me to be paid for by them because it wasn't right. I was a Republican then too. Many of my friends in college grew out of their liberal ways as they matured. Many nowadays are either REALLY slow to emotionally mature or they never do. That is the only explanation I have for why they vote for policies that will most assuredly destroy our economy all for a freebie or two.

This is the 21st century now. Businesses get big tax breaks and that seems to be alright with you. CEOs didn't make tens of millions or hundreds of millions when you were growing up. The top 1% didn't own 27% of the nation's wealth while the middle 60% only own 26.7% of the nation's wealth. Again helping people is something we do in this country. You are nothing but a fascist pig. Needing help has nothing to do with maturity.

How will it make it harder? How helpless are minorities?
I have the Joe Biden Voter on ignore, but i can imagine that he(the bee) is saying that people of color are too stupid to be able to take care of themselves and they need the help the government is going to provide them, not realizing that bee, just insulted a lot of black people who arent as stupid as he thinks they are...

Good post. Truth is, Trump was a great representation of the Republican party as a whole. Like the party itself, Trump looks down his nose at most of his supporters. From calling veterans losers, to yacking up and cracking jokes about the "middle class" among his wealthy friends, he never gave two shits for his core supporters and to this day, still does not. They were, and still may be, a means to an end. He uses them, period. And quite honestly, nothing is more unAmerican than being used.

This bill has two provisions that Republicans cannot accept. The first is the elimination of "dark money". Republicans, and yes more than a few Democrats, don't want the public to know who is behind much of their political contributions. Manchin is a case in point. The Koch brothers have invested millions in his campaign, and inundated the air waves of West Virginia telling the people of West Virginia what their priorities are. Think about that for a moment. I mean what in the hell do a bunch of rich jerks know about the priorities of the hard scrabble people of West Virginia? It is insulting and no damn wonder Manchin and his ilk want to keep that money dark.

But the other is gerrymandering. It is a rampant problem at the state level and has huge ramifications for the House. North Carolina perhaps the biggest example. While the state is clearly purple with almost a perfect fifty/fifty split in Democrats verses Republicans, Democrats hold little more than 20% of the House representation. That is a direct assault on Democracy and Republicans don't give two shits about it. In fact, they depend upon it.
Best post on the board

It reminds me of the poll where they asked a group of people if they were for Obamacare. In that poll the consensus was a strong "NO". When same people polled but asked if for the Affordable Care Act, the poll came back as a strong "Yes". What's in a name...apparently a lot, because that piece of crap was anything but affordable.

Forum List

Back