Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

What's Martins?

A Grocery store here in Richmond.

So you buy the chicken already fried? Big thing around here is rotisserie chickens at the supermarkets. I love them! :beer:

Yeah I do, Martins has pretty good chicken for a supermarket. I have the device to make rotissirie chickens myself but I have been lazy and not using it.

Why bother when you can just buy one already rotisserized? :lol: I also use the left overs and the bones from them for homemade chicken stock.

Thats mainly why I don't really use it, plus to clean up the equipment is hell. Theres a Colombian place next to me called Chicken Fiesta that makes outstanding rotissirie chickens.

I just buy mine at the grocery store. They are a little on the small side, but they are really delicious. They are relatively cheap too. I pay like 5 to 6 dollars for one. That's not too bad for a whole chicken that's been seasoned and cooked for you, if you ask me! :) Usually when I go grocery shopping, I'm starving by the time I'm done, so I will pick up a rotisserie chicken and eat it when I get home.

A Grocery store here in Richmond.

So you buy the chicken already fried? Big thing around here is rotisserie chickens at the supermarkets. I love them! :beer:

Yeah I do, Martins has pretty good chicken for a supermarket. I have the device to make rotissirie chickens myself but I have been lazy and not using it.

Why bother when you can just buy one already rotisserized? :lol: I also use the left overs and the bones from them for homemade chicken stock.

Thats mainly why I don't really use it, plus to clean up the equipment is hell. Theres a Colombian place next to me called Chicken Fiesta that makes outstanding rotissirie chickens.

I just buy mine at the grocery store. They are a little on the small side, but they are really delicious. They are relatively cheap too. I pay like 5 to 6 dollars for one. That's not too bad for a whole chicken that's been seasoned and cooked for you, if you ask me! :) Usually when I go grocery shopping, I'm starving by the time I'm done, so I will pick up a rotisserie chicken and eat it when I get home.

You are right and it beats waiting the hour or more time to cook it yourself.

I forgot all about this thread! Dayum...I can't eat most of what I used to eat!

For dinner tonight..I had breakfast foods. No bacon though. I am now regulated to turkey bacon. But I did have my hash browns and over medium egg, 1 slice of gluten free toast with grape jelly and a glass of Strawberry/Banana kefir.

Breakfast is still my fav meal and since I only eat one meal a day..I decided to just not eat at all until 5pm and have breakfast!

lol. I read the first page and OP. MrG was the ex when I started this thread. Our 3 year anniversary will be May 10th. :)

I forgot all about this thread! Dayum...I can't eat most of what I used to eat!

For dinner tonight..I had breakfast foods. No bacon though. I am now regulated to turkey bacon. But I did have my hash browns and over medium egg, 1 slice of gluten free toast with grape jelly and a glass of Strawberry/Banana kefir.

Breakfast is still my fav meal and since I only eat one meal a day..I decided to just not eat at all until 5pm and have breakfast!
All Good Gracie,as long as you don't have a Coca Cola with it..steve

I don't drink soda pop. Haven't for years.:)

Meanwhile....tonight I had grilled cheese sandwich with chicken rice.

I don't drink soda pop. Haven't for years.:)

Meanwhile....tonight I had grilled cheese sandwich with chicken rice.
I was teasing about the Cola Gracie.....Jan the better half does this Dutch dish with potatoes,beetroot,mayonnaise,gerkins(sweet) and eggs

Mash the Potatoes,gerkins and beetroot together with mayo,into a mash ,put onto a large plate,put mayo on top in a cross and sliced eggs on the cross..Wonderful...but a little fattening..steve

What is a gerkin???

meanwhile, I am dyin' to try poached eggs inside avocado halves in the oven!

What is a gerkin???

meanwhile, I am dyin' to try poached eggs inside avocado halves in the oven!
A gherkin/gerkin Gracie is a small cucumber like veg www.springgullyfoods.com.au/home (then Spring Gully Range...then Gherkins 275gram) we have them sweet or sour here in Australia

Poached Egg on Avocado...Now you are talking Gracie..Yum..steve

Last edited:
baked-egg-avocado_0.jpg

Hi Grav., trust you and the family are well...........steve

Hi Grav., trust you and the family are well...........steve
That post by HG was a year ago. This is an old thread I bumped up cuz I forgot about it. :)

There is a recipe somewhere on the net that I found. You poach the egg IN the avocado IN the oven all at the same time. I will see if I can find it.

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. ...
  3. Place the avocados in a small baking dish. ...
  4. Crack an egg into each avocado half. ...
  5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. ...
  6. Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice.
8ba7d41f_Fitness_Baked_Eggs_Avocado_Post.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

Teaching Joe how to successfully make fluffy, golden-brown pancakes every time. He says he didn't know there were that many secrets to pancakes.

Forum List

Back