Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

YUM! I love salmon! :)

If you grill or smoke salmon at home ... I would suggest "planking" it.

You take a cedar plank ... Soak it in mild saltwater for a few hours ... Pat the plank dry then apply a thin layer of olive oil and fresh herbs .. Place the salmon on the plank and season as usual. It doesn't make a huge difference if you are smoking the salmon not directly over the fire ... But if grilling, it makes world of difference.

Last night, I decided to treat my family, and I created a French Toast bar (this works equally well with pancakes or waffles).

I made a big batch of French toast (just for fun, I added vanilla butternut extract instead of plain vanilla to the mix), then laid out a buffet of toppings for them to choose from: butter, syrup, Nutella, sugared strawberries, whipped cream, and rainbow sprinkles.

Delicious, and made for a nice breakfast of leftovers this morning.

New York Strip, Cajun Twice Baked Potato (they are a pain to make so I made a bunch at one time) and Broccoli mixed in with Velveeta Shells and Cheese.

I was feeling creative this weekend. I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but I was feeling kinda like Italian food, so I added Italian seasonings, five-cheese Italian blend, and a bit of marinara sauce to the meatloaf, and Italian seasonings to the mashed potatoes. Sooo good, and so very gone almost immediately.

Tonight I'm going to toss together a jambalaya with some garlic sausage I have in the fridge.

Homemade black bean and grilled skirt steak nachos with Mexican four cheese blend, fresh made pico de gallos and guacamole ...
Served with a couple of ice cold Abita Jockamo IPA's.

I was feeling creative this weekend. I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but I was feeling kinda like Italian food, so I added Italian seasonings, five-cheese Italian blend, and a bit of marinara sauce to the meatloaf, and Italian seasonings to the mashed potatoes. Sooo good, and so very gone almost immediately.

Tonight I'm going to toss together a jambalaya with some garlic sausage I have in the fridge.

Family put both the Italian meatloaf and mashed potatoes AND the garlic sausage jambalaya on the "must repeat" list.

Quail in a nice, brown mushroom gravy, over rice!

To be topped off with a big, chocolate milk shake.

I love it when chocolate milkshake weather finally arrives!

That reminds me ... I did quail last weekend.
Quail wrapped in bacon with a jalapeno pepper ... Grilled and then slow smoked.

I got a few pheasants on a hunt last season as well in Arkansas ... But have a no clue how I want to cook them.
I looked up some recipes ... Just haven't decided.

Blackened redfish with grilled zucchini, squash, purple onions and mushrooms ... A tall cold Gentleman Jack and Ginger on the side last night.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I am making some Haluski and fresh baked bread tonight. I am doing the noodles by hand and using turkey Kielbasa. This is one of these comfort meals I remember fondly as a kid. Cheers!

I am making some Haluski and fresh baked bread tonight. I am doing the noodles by hand and using turkey Kielbasa. This is one of these comfort meals I remember fondly as a kid. Cheers!

Oh man ... I love fresh bread.
I don't make it though, because I am liable to sit down and eat the whole loaf ... Not good for the figure.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Oh man ... I love fresh bread.
I don't make it though, because I am liable to sit down and eat the whole loaf ... Not good for the figure.

Trust me, that can happen very easily in this house. lol. I have a hearty slice, cut it half, and than put it away. If I see it, I'll eat it up. Noms!

Forum List

Back