Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

My 7-year-old is lobbying hard for pancakes for dinner, so that's probably what we're having. I also got a bagful of fresh jalapeno peppers, so I'm thinking I go grab some queso fresco and bacon and make baked stuffed jalapenos just for the hell of it.
Breakfast for dinner is yummy! My fav meal of the day is Breakfast!

My 7-year-old is lobbying hard for pancakes for dinner, so that's probably what we're having. I also got a bagful of fresh jalapeno peppers, so I'm thinking I go grab some queso fresco and bacon and make baked stuffed jalapenos just for the hell of it.
Breakfast for dinner is yummy! My fav meal of the day is Breakfast!

It's hard for me to eat enough to be satisfied when it's something like pancakes, because I have a low tolerance for extremely sweet things, even though I use sugar-free syrup, so I limit how often I will make pancakes. Probably just as well for my family's nutrition.

I don't use syrup. And I make pancakes with gluten free bisquick. I just smear a little jam on top. That's it. No butter. 1 scrambled egg on the side and maybe 1 slice turkey bacon..I'm good!

I don't use syrup. And I make pancakes with gluten free bisquick. I just smear a little jam on top. That's it. No butter. 1 scrambled egg on the side and maybe 1 slice turkey bacon..I'm good!

I have no problem with gluten, but I do love Bisquick. It's so handy for so many different things.

Jam is still too sweet for me to eat very much of. I have very little interest in things like calories, fat, that sort of thing, but my body doesn't process refined sugar the way a normal person's would, so I lost my taste for sweets - even when they don't have sugar - a long time ago. If I feel a craving for dessert, I usually have to just take a bite or two from a family member's plate, because that's really all I can stand.

I had twice baked potatoes with my dinner again last night. They are sooo good and addicting. I can't get enough of twice baked potatoes! They are fattening though, so I can't be eating them so much!

Continuing my love affair with Bisquick lately, I have plans to make a chicken and biscuit casserole tonight: shredded chicken, gravy, broccoli, bell pepper, yellow squash, and carrots, under a Bisquick biscuit crust.

THIS, friends and neighbors, is right now in my crock pot!

96fce84f52b1c88b88878ae23b8fdff8.jpg

Ground Turkey Chili!

Recipe in link below:

Crockpot Turkey Chili - Sweet Tea Sweetie

I added my own twist.....which is lightly sauteed diced garlic and those little mini colorful peppers. House smells HEAVENLY.

For breakfast I made:

Memorial Day French Toast
Thick Challah bread dipped in a egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon mixture with genuine maple syrup surrounded by bananas, blackberries, blueberries and nectarines to commemorate Memorial Day.

IMG_20160530_113312_zpsyhre50pj.jpg

Okay, so I made the chicken-and-biscuit casserole, and it's even more delicious than I expected. Quinlan is gobbling it down, and stopped just long enough to inform me, through stuffed chipmunk cheeks, that we are going to "never stop making this".

I saw something I want to make really bad, but I am afraid to due to the WHOLE STICK of cream cheese. I think my innards would have a fit. But dayum, it looks good. I'll post a link to it in a few in case some brave soul wants to try it.

Meanwhile...grilled cheese and minestrone soup for me tonight. I shared with the roomie...he's broke after paying rent and moving fees and no car. I told him "pay the rent and utilities is our concern..but we won't let ya starve".

Locked my keys in my car yesterday (I blame Joe), and my downstairs neighbor called a friend who's a locksmith to retrieve them, saving me a bunch of money. As a thank-you, I made a huge batch of cornbread and took his family some, fresh out of the oven (literally; I was still wearing the oven mitts to carry the pan).

Memo to me: my little guy REALLY loves cornbread, apparently. Going to have to make that more often.

Locked my keys in my car yesterday (I blame Joe), and my downstairs neighbor called a friend who's a locksmith to retrieve them, saving me a bunch of money. As a thank-you, I made a huge batch of cornbread and took his family some, fresh out of the oven (literally; I was still wearing the oven mitts to carry the pan).

Memo to me: my little guy REALLY loves cornbread, apparently. Going to have to make that more often.

You can add stuff to cornbread to spice it up. I often put diced up hot peppers in mine. I am just starting to get some in the garden. Need them to change colors so I can have at em.

For dinner, I had a crab cake sandwich.

You can add stuff to cornbread to spice it up. I often put diced up hot peppers in mine. I am just starting to get some in the garden. Need them to change colors so I can have at em.

I know, and sometimes I fancy it up with creamed corn and cheese, or diced blueberries/blackberries. My little guy, who is the biggest fan of cornbread in the house, isn't a fan of spicy stuff, though.

Very handy for breakfast, btw. Slather some butter on it, microwave it, and then pour syrup or honey on it, and you're all set for the morning.

Homemade chicken barley soup tonight. I made a big pot today, and froze some for future dinners. It turned out delish! I seasoned it with tarragon for a change, very sweet and delicate.

Homemade chicken barley soup tonight. I made a big pot today, and froze some for future dinners. It turned out delish! I seasoned it with tarragon for a change, very sweet and delicate.

I am definitely going to have to think about tarragon the next time I make chicken corn chowder.

I know, and sometimes I fancy it up with creamed corn and cheese, or diced blueberries/blackberries. My little guy, who is the biggest fan of cornbread in the house, isn't a fan of spicy stuff, though.

Very handy for breakfast, btw. Slather some butter on it, microwave it, and then pour syrup or honey on it, and you're all set for the morning.

I don't eat cornbread often unless it is soaked in bean juice. I usually get gagged by a crumb stuck in my throat almost every single time I eat it alone. I do make it for others. I grow lots of hot peppers so I use them any way I can. My favorite use for them is to pickle them in a bread and butter sweet mix because I think it is funny when people take the first bite and think they are bread and butter and then 30 seconds later they are mad as hell at me when that heat hits them like a hammer.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, and I'm trying to decide what to get for tomorrow's dinner. I have a vote for more chicken-biscuit casserole, a vote for macaroni and cheese (which I'm not crazy about), and a vote for "anything I don't have to help cook" (that would be the adult son). I think I'm kinda feeling Mexican food.

I ate a pop tart for dinner. I have other things....too many things really. I just don't feel like cooking yet. Maybe at midnight. Maybe not. A pop tart is bound to have at least 3 of the food groups. That's close enough.

Forum List

Back