Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I did a big grocery shop over the weekend. This next week, we're going to be having steak and fries with glazed carrots, chicken tikka masala, steak fajitas, jambalaya with sweet sausage, and taco meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Last night, it was cheeseburgers and onion rings.

We made vegan Mexican sopes, and they were sooooo flippin good! I have a recipe video coming up for this dish. :)

Oh! hehehhee
Self-made burrito. Well, I bought all the stuff at a restaurant and spoon the stuff into a tortilla and add Taco Bell sauce.
2x better than Taco Bell! Twice as much, too. Forget Taco Bell!

I'm going to have exquisite grilled salmon tonight.....with herbs and pepper ....and yes, dijonaisse.

love it love it YUM!......low calories, healthy and delicious! hmmmm

I'm going to have exquisite grilled salmon tonight.....with herbs and pepper ....and yes, dijonaisse.

love it love it YUM!......low calories, healthy and delicious! hmmmm

Would that I could afford to eat fish and seafood more often. Sadly, because I live in the desert, it's usually more than I want to spend to feed my entire family of ravening wolves.

Pizza with gyro meat. I did hella yard work and I don't want to cook.

Cream of mushroom soup is good for so many things....
I make a pretty good chicken casserole that has 1 can- cream of mushroom, 2 cans- cream of chicken and about 2/3 cup of sour cream - plus some secret ingredients. It's a favorite on holidays, and nobody can figure out exactly what's in it. A little high is sodium I guess. Hint.....the sour cream is what most people can't guess and I use some of this ;
1599364676747.png

....and the topping is butter and Ritz cracker crumbs (top and bottom). There's also mixed vegetables sauteed in shallots, garlic and ginger, and the chicken whole roasted or sauteed ahead of time.

Last edited:
Canned sausages with marmite and ketchup.

Greg

I have a small jar of marmite. I bought it because I had never had it before and I wanted my son to at least try it. I put it on some bread. It was pretty bad. Ketchup makes it better?

Canned sausages with marmite and ketchup.

Greg

I have a small jar of marmite. I bought it because I had never had it before and I wanted my son to at least try it. I put it on some bread. It was pretty bad. Ketchup makes it better?
Ketchup cures all....except mangrove worms. They're very tasty in their own right. Learned about them with my Black friend in the Norther Territory. They taste better up there; the ones down here aren't so juicy. (ps: true Syl!!)

Greg

It was pretty much all about steaks and hamburgers this weekend. That's what is on sale for Labor Day weekend, and I'm all about the sales.

I have one more package of steaks in the freezer. I think this bunch I'm going to marinate and turn into steak fajitas.

Steak fingers, home made baked beans, zucchini cornbread casserole, and a Watergate salad. Tomorrow we will have pork chops with a Marsala sauce, a baked potato casserole and carrots with honey and ginger.

This as a dressing, Greek,

• ¼ cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano
  • ½ teaspoon dried basil
  • ⅔ cup olive oil
  • ½ ounce feta cheese optional
  • black pepper to taste
Tear and clean lettuce.

Make cuke, tom, onion, garlic cold salad.

Put lettuce and cuke stuff in a pita, smother with Greek dressing.

Trust me, I'm a carnivore but love these.

Forum List

Back