Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

For tonight, my oldest son specifically requested Spam, potatoes, and green beans. It's not even really a recipe, per se. It's just something my mom used to do when I was growing up, which my family loves, where you stew cut-up Spam, potatoes and onions with canned green beans in . . . well, she used water, but I use half-water, half-chicken broth. Gotta make sure to put lots of pepper on it. I dunno, if my family is happy and fed, then I guess I'll go with it.

Last edited:
We made filet of fish sandwiches from Marlene Koch's Eat What You Love Restaurant Favorites. She offers two ways to cook it. One is the air fryer like here:

And the other way is for the good old fashioned stove top method. That's what I used and my breading wouldn't stay on. I've never used an air fryer so I don't know if that would have made a difference.

I like some of her stuff. I came across her when I did some cooking for my ex-mother in law (diabetic) and I own several of her cookbooks. She has low sodium stuff in there. My son liked the tartar sauce. He said it was pretty good.

Trying to re-create something my mom used to make when I was a kid. Unfortunately, she lost the recipe. It was chicken with an orange-brown sugar glaze on it. Hard to research, since every recipe for an orange-based sauce on the Internet is for Chinese food, and this wasn't Chinese. Tonight will be another experiment, to see if I can get it right.

Trying to re-create something my mom used to make when I was a kid. Unfortunately, she lost the recipe. It was chicken with an orange-brown sugar glaze on it. Hard to research, since every recipe for an orange-based sauce on the Internet is for Chinese food, and this wasn't Chinese. Tonight will be another experiment, to see if I can get it right.
/——-/ Do you mean Duck Sauce? chinese duck sauce at DuckDuckGo

Last edited:
/——-/ Do you mean Duck Sauce? chinese duck sauce at DuckDuckGo

Nope. My mom's sauce - really more of a glaze - had no Asian elements to it. As far as anyone can remember, it had orange juice and brown sugar, no soy sauce . . . maybe more like a duck a l'orange, but with chicken.

The chicken over the weekend was good, but I still need to work on it.

Ok. So, tonight I am going to try to make za'atar rubbed butterflied chicken and spinach.

Last edited:
So, I am making a butterflied leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic, I will be using the rosemary from the plant that I have managed not to kill this summer. I think that I will make green beans braised with potatoes and basil. I will be using the basil from the other plant that I have managed not to kill this summer. Baby steps.

I will then have justified purchasing the Complete Mediterranean Cookbook from America's Test Kitchen.

I'm going to make country captain chicken.

I am organized as hell this week.

So, I am making a butterflied leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic, I will be using the rosemary from the plant that I have managed not to kill this summer. I think that I will make green beans braised with potatoes and basil. I will be using the basil from the other plant that I have managed not to kill this summer. Baby steps.

I will then have justified purchasing the Complete Mediterranean Cookbook from America's Test Kitchen.

Oh, I WISH lamb wasn't so damned expensive so we could have it more often.

Oh, I WISH lamb wasn't so damned expensive so we could have it more often.

Me, too. Well, that and it has to actually be in a store. This I found at Aldi's.

I didn't make that yesterday because I didn't go to the store yesterday. I'm making it today. I have never cooked goat. It's supposed to be boneless. It's not. I hope this comes out.................edible.

"Steak: It's what's for dinner."

Well, more precisely: NY Strip, medium - with some seasoning salt & Masterpiece BBQ Sauce (over charcoal); corn on the cob; asparagus brushed with some olive oil and grilled; fresh garden salad with blue cheese dressing.

:)

Forum List

Back