Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Earlier this evening I was a bad boy and went off my low carb diet (I'm diabetic) and had some delicious pizza and garlic bread from a local pizza/salad/soup buffet restaurant. It's only the second time I've had pizza since I developed diabetes a little over two months ago. I won't be doing this often of course, and my sister was perfectly fine with it. I thought she may give me grief about it, nope. It helped that I was the one who paid for the pizza and garlic bread and brought it home. I hope I don't feel like crap tomorrow morning!

I am making baba ganoush, muraq, and tabbouleh.

Oooh, I would love some baba ghanouj, but it always seemed too hard to make to me.

And what the hell is tahini?

It is sesame seed paste. For us a little bit goes a long way. I start with a little bit of tahini with baba ganoush and add into it because not all eggplants are created equal and an automatic ratio doesn't work.
View attachment 329021

Oh, okay. There's a wonderful little Mediterranean market right across the street from my regular supermarket where I can buy pretty much any ingredients I want, but all the labels are written in Arabic, so . . . not very informative.

I also don't know much about working with eggplant, since I utterly loathe the stuff, except for baba ghanouj.

I love eggplant. I am pretty sure that I could live off of it.

I have decided that I'm going to brave attempting to make my own baba ghanouj, probably over the weekend.

Much earlier this evening I did takeout from a local AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant. Their food is great. The salsa is fantastic, it's made right there, as are their tortilla chips. I had the beef chimichanga meal, with refried beans and rice, with plenty of guacamole and sour cream to garnish the meal. My sister had the cheese enchiladas, she said they were very good. We did the Cinco de Mayo thing a couple days late because we had already had a different meal planned for Tuesday. I'm glad we DID wait, because there were only two other orders waiting to picked up there tonight and my order was made in 15-20 minutes.

Much earlier this evening I did takeout from a local AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurant. Their food is great. The salsa is fantastic, it's made right there, as are their tortilla chips. I had the beef chimichanga meal, with refried beans and rice, with plenty of guacamole and sour cream to garnish the meal. My sister had the cheese enchiladas, she said they were very good. We did the Cinco de Mayo thing a couple days late because we had already had a different meal planned for Tuesday. I'm glad we DID wait, because there were only two other orders waiting to picked up there tonight and my order was made in 15-20 minutes.

That's really impressive, assuming you're in Indiana like your profile says. You should see if they do tamales at Christmas.

Last night I made homemade fresh pasta and clam sauce, with an arugula, mandarine orange and pumpkin seed salad. Divine!

Today, the main meal was brunch: buttermilk pancakes and breakfast sausage. Omigawd! It was so delish!

My son is making roast pork loin with bay leaves, penne with dried wild mushrooms and tomatoes and garlic bread for mother's day.

It's a perfect blend as the only dried wild mushrooms I had are the ones I had ordered from Poland before Christmas.

This evening it was one of my favorite dishes my sister makes, Russian Chicken. It appears to be fairly easy to make. Chicken breasts with a sauce that consists of Russian or Catalina salad dressing, onion soup mix, and apricot preserves. Very tasty!

JUst the normal human food crap .chick peas, chicken, whole grain rice,home rolled sausage, carrots,mirletons,habaneros.
dindin.jpg

Forum List

Back