Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm making Amy's Soft Taco Fiesta. My son made his annual trek back to Chicago so I don't have to cook.

Teriyaki chicken kebabs
20200525_153139.jpg

I made an early dinner. I made a cheeseburger pizza with those soy crumbles just to see if I could do it. I absolutely can do it but it doesn't mean I should.

When I found the crumbles, I thought it was awesome because it could replace ground beef. I got two bags. There is just one teeny-tiny problem. I never really used ground beef except for a couple of dishes. Cheeseburgers and meatballs are about it.

Earlier this evening it was a pre-made salad from a local grocery store. It had cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg slices. broccoli pieces, carrots, and tomatoes. I, of course, added some things to it. Bacon bits, mushroom slices, more cheddar cheese, spicy dried onion ring pieces, croutons, and a generous amount of Light Ranch salad dressing. Yum!

Scratch-made salisbury steak, gravy, and mashed potatoes. I had never tried making salisbury steak before, but I think it's going to become a regular menu item now.

Kale, sweet potato and quinoa bowl.

Not as horrific as it sounds.

Tonight, I'm going to rotisserie a chicken with applewood chips. The rest of the meal will be salad (arugula, blood orange, blue cheese and toasted slivered almonds) and garlic bread.

Also, today I made a very yummy brunch: Scottish oat and currant scones, apple slices (pink lady), cheese (harvati with dill and manchego(, and dry salami. It was so delish!

Pineapple fajitas.........which came in a pineapple. There are moments that I feel freaking spoiled.

Well. Since there are riots everywhere, covid everywhere and cops everywhere I had to go to the yard.Pick some weeds.Added a couple taters and some boned out chicken thighs, onions,wild cilantro growing on the fence line. Made some home made garlic yeast rolls. Home rolled coconut ice cream and REAL coffee later.Nona that previous stuff is here but I' make sure I'm prepared ;)
b-itabo-a.jpg

itabo4.jpg

itabo3.jpg

itabo2.jpg

I had a vegan bowl that had macaroni with a cashew (cheese) sauce and something that was bbq.................no, I don't know.

Forum List

Back