Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I don't want to be in the same house with it cooking. One of the few foods I actually hate too much to eat.

Yep. It's right up there with the tater tot casserole in all of it's manifestations, peas and liver.
Never heard of tater tot casserole. Just as well, I'm sure.

Yes, peas can go with the tuna casserole to hell.

You don't like peas?
NO! It's appropriate that they are the vegetable of choice to go in tuna noodle casserole.
I'll eat 'em drowned in mint jelly, though.
All we are saying is give them a chance.
Nothing?

Yep. It's right up there with the tater tot casserole in all of it's manifestations, peas and liver.
Never heard of tater tot casserole. Just as well, I'm sure.

Yes, peas can go with the tuna casserole to hell.

You don't like peas?
NO! It's appropriate that they are the vegetable of choice to go in tuna noodle casserole.
I'll eat 'em drowned in mint jelly, though.
All we are saying is give them a chance.
Nothing?

Really?

Tonight it was fast food. Burger King Double Whopper with cheese, no fries, just a drink on the side. VERY tasty burger. I like Burger King's drink dispenser. You can mix and match all kinds of drinks. With unlimited refills.

We did beef stew, low and slow in the crockpot. I had to argue with my husband (who was the one at home assembling the ingredients) about putting red wine in, but it really kicks the flavor up a notch.

I had homemade lasagna made by my sister. Yum!
istockphoto-1167651253-170667a.jpg

Tonight it was "taco boats" that my sister makes. She uses pre-made shells, which ARE shaped like little boats. She fills them with a spicy soy product that is quite tasty, lettuce, diced tomatoes and salsa. Added on the side is spicy vegetarian refried beans. Mighty tasty! AND plenty of grated cheese.

Tonight it was "taco boats" that my sister makes. She uses pre-made shells, which ARE shaped like little boats. She fills them with a spicy soy product that is quite tasty, lettuce, diced tomatoes and salsa. Added on the side is spicy vegetarian refried beans. Mighty tasty! AND plenty of grated cheese.
Sounds interesting. I'm still hooked on my home made tacos
with ground beef from 1 of 2 local stores and all fresh ingredients. Mexican rice.
Home made refried beans are easy to make- basically boiled pinto beans, then you can find lots or recipes online. Real cheddar cheese of course - very important. These are good if you like thin crunchy shells....
0072134555710_CL_hyvee_default_large.jpeg

with ground beef from 1 of 2 local stores and all fresh ingredients. Mexican rice.
Home made refried beans are easy to make- basically boiled pinto beans, then you can find lots or recipes online. Real cheddar cheese of course - very important. These are good if you like thin crunchy shells....
Thanks, Angelo. Your recipe sounds mighty tasty!

Home made refried beans are easy to make- basically boiled pinto beans, then you can find lots or recipes online. Real cheddar cheese of course - very important ( or whatever kind you like). These are good if you like thin crunchy shells....

Anytime. I'm working on some healthy bread, pasta and pizza dough recipes too.

(taco meat)
Brown the ground beef, then add chopped onions, fresh garlic and whatever kind or peppers you like, then use your own spices or a couple of those mixed in a packet (basically chili powder and cumin) and either beef stock and some tomato paste or fresh tomato sauce if you have it....not too much. Simmer for at least 20 or 30 minutes.

Anytime. I'm working on some healthy bread, pasta and pizza dough recipes too.

(taco meat)
Brown the ground beef, then add chopped onions, fresh garlic and whatever kind or peppers you like, then use your own spices or a couple of those mixed in a packet (basically chili powder and cumin) and either beef stock and some tomato paste or fresh tomato sauce if you have it....not too much. Simmer for at least 20 or 30 minutes.
Thanks, again, Angelo.

Forum List

Back