Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

OldLady said:
Never heard of tater tot casserole. Just as well, I'm sure.
Search

However
I Think Liver & Onions
Is A Waste Of Good Onions
I don't mind liver at all. Piled high with good sweet carmelized onions or cooked up in bacon fat and served with bacon on top. But it's not much of a food item anymore. When I was a kid, it was on the menu of every family restaurant. I don't love it enough to buy it and cook it, but if you put it in front of me, no problem.

We call it supper where I'm from. I never could get used to calling it dinner.

What will you have for supper tonight?
I'm guessing he'll say a burrito. It's what he had for Thanksgiving.

Is that a regular thing? Burritos?
Seems to be, bless his heart. We gotta get him a woman.
Maybe we should create a dating profile for him.
And I just realized it's his birthday--started a thread. Bring him a piece of cake, okay?
Tomorrow we can be evil and make him a dating profile. Sounds like good downstairs fun. lol

I'm guessing he'll say a burrito. It's what he had for Thanksgiving.

Well, I had originally planned on being in Mexico, but ended up having to stay in the states over the holiday. I think that's when my thyroid meds suddenly caused it to go from overproducing to underproducing hormones so my endocrinologist wanted me to come in and get bloodwork and whatnot the following day. Technically, I was supposed to fast but snuck in the burrito.

And I just realized it's his birthday--started a thread. Bring him a piece of cake, okay?
Tomorrow we can be evil and make him a dating profile. Sounds like good downstairs fun. lol

Hey, knock it off, smartass. lol. Already got an ol lady. She's a real good cook. Makes everything from scratch.

Disir said:
The only thing missing but is somewhat in there is that tater tot nacho. I'm horrified every time I see that stuff

urp.jpg

At no point in my life have I ever said that I wanted tuna casserole. I don't know why that is.
I don't want to be in the same house with it cooking. One of the few foods I actually hate too much to eat.

Yep. It's right up there with the tater tot casserole in all of it's manifestations, peas and liver.

Yes, peas can go with the tuna casserole to hell.

You don't like peas?

OldLady said:
I don't mind liver at all.
I Don't Mind Some Diced Fine In Some Giblet Gravy
Once A Year At Thanksgiving, For Tradition's Sake

Thing Is
I'm The Only One That Will Fix Any Gravy, Ever
Or Will Eat It Once It's On The Table
-- Not Even From A Packet, Will They Make Any

I Have To Force Them To Put Some Gravy On My Roast Beef

They Try To Pick Through My Meal
Like I'm Their Short-Order Cook, I'll Flip

I am having cod and ex is having barbque chicken (oven), baked taters, corn. For dessert....hmm. Not sure yet. Probably a nilla shake.

And you?

pan fried black pepper tilapia with lemon

unpeeled small red potatoes
boiled whole till JUST COOKED
cooled
halved
scooped CAREFULLY to keep skins intact (we'll need this in a moment)
potato filling is mixed with sour cream, cheese, bread crumbs (italian)
skins are filled to level with filling
dip LEVEL PART of potato boat into bread crumbs
fry ONLY the TOP/LEVEL bread crumb part of boat in your favorite oil until golden brown
place in baking pan
bake for 20 minutes at 400

brussels spouts and asparagus with new york sharp cheddar cheese-sauce

grapes and oranges slices

2 antacids

OldLady said:
I don't mind liver at all.
I Don't Mind Some Diced Fine In Some Giblet Gravy
Once A Year At Thanksgiving, For Tradition's Sake

Thing Is
I'm The Only One That Will Fix Any Gravy, Ever
Or Will Eat It Once It's On The Table
-- Not Even From A Packet, Will They Make Any

I Have To Force Them To Put Some Gravy On My Roast Beef

They Try To Pick Through My Meal
Like I'm Their Short-Order Cook, I'll Flip
I cannot conceive a world without gravy. My hearty condolences.

At no point in my life have I ever said that I wanted tuna casserole. I don't know why that is.
I don't want to be in the same house with it cooking. One of the few foods I actually hate too much to eat.

Yep. It's right up there with the tater tot casserole in all of it's manifestations, peas and liver.

You don't like peas?
NO! It's appropriate that they are the vegetable of choice to go in tuna noodle casserole.
I'll eat 'em drowned in mint jelly, though.

You don't like peas?
NO! It's appropriate that they are the vegetable of choice to go in tuna noodle casserole.
All we are saying is give them a chance.

OldLady said:
Search

However
I Think Liver & Onions
Is A Waste Of Good Onions
I don't mind liver at all. Piled high with good sweet carmelized onions or cooked up in bacon fat and served with bacon on top. But it's not much of a food item anymore. When I was a kid, it was on the menu of every family restaurant. I don't love it enough to buy it and cook it, but if you put it in front of me, no problem.

I'm not allowed to cook liver and onions at home, because the rest of my family finds it disgusting. I love liver and onions (cooked properly), so I periodically go to a restaurant and have it.

You don't like peas?

I don't put peas in my tuna casserole. I put in diced onions and diced "stoplight" bell peppers.

Forum List

Back