Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Tacos. I followed this recipe, more or less.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...an-tacos-20-minutes-and-a-few-pantry-staples/

The pickled onions are key imo. I've done them before but not with lime juice. I often do this with cucumbers but it never occurred to me to do limes with onions. I will do it again.

I added some sweet peppers to the beans but that's about it. Oh, and some sour cream. ;-) Cheese would work as well f you prefer.

I still feel satisfied hours later.

Shepherd's pie tonight. Had to use up my leftover mashed potatoes! It was delicious! :) I put cheddar cheese in my shepherd's pie and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top before I bake it. That adds a nice little kick to it.

"Leftover mashed potatoes".

I'm sorry, that phrase does not compute. There's no such thing as mashed potatoes being left over in my house. :D

I have to drive UberEats tonight - UGH!! - so I'm rockin' the $5 Little Caesar's pizza to keep me going. Tomorrow, after I've had a chance to do the grocery shopping, my family is officially starting the Mediterranean Diet. I think we'll start off with braised beef in oregano-tomato sauce, with carrots, onions, and zucchini.

Shepherd's pie tonight. Had to use up my leftover mashed potatoes! It was delicious! :) I put cheddar cheese in my shepherd's pie and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top before I bake it. That adds a nice little kick to it.

"Leftover mashed potatoes".

I'm sorry, that phrase does not compute. There's no such thing as mashed potatoes being left over in my house. :D

I hear ya! I love me some mashed potatoes. :D Any potatoes really. I am a big fan.

The steak and mac and cheese was delicious. The salad was even better tonight than last night because it had time to sit and get all flavorful. Unfortunately, I do like to slather on creamy dressings. My favorites are blue cheese, ranch and French dressings. Probably kind of unhealthy but really good. :D I try not to use too much dressing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...an-tacos-20-minutes-and-a-few-pantry-staples/

The pickled onions are key imo. I've done them before but not with lime juice. I often do this with cucumbers but it never occurred to me to do limes with onions. I will do it again.

I added some sweet peppers to the beans but that's about it. Oh, and some sour cream. ;-) Cheese would work as well f you prefer.

I have more simple tastes for my tacos. Just meat seasoned with taco seasoning, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. I eat them in a bowl instead of a taco shell and I crunch up some tortilla chips in them. I also use taco seasoned burger for nachos. I love the taste of the taco seasoning.

I have more simple tastes for my tacos. Just meat seasoned with taco seasoning, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. I eat them in a bowl instead of a taco shell and I crunch up some tortilla chips in them. I also use taco seasoned burger for nachos. I love the taste of the taco seasoning.

My son loves ground meat cooked with tack seasoning, onion, and tomato sauce served on pasta. We ate it weekly when he was living here.

Cooking with beans isn't "gourmet" In fact, some would call it very simple food. It's also not hard, especially out of a can, isn't hard. Easier than ground meat IMO.

:shrug

My son loves ground meat cooked with tack seasoning, onion, and tomato sauce served on pasta. We ate it weekly when he was living here.

Cooking with beans isn't "gourmet" In fact, some would call it very simple food. It's also not hard, especially out of a can, isn't hard. Easier than ground meat IMO.

:shrug

Yuck. I hate beans. :1041:

Days 2 and 3 of Mediterranean Diet: Chicken with carrots, Italian green beans, and onions. Browned the chicken thighs in the Dutch oven, then removed, added some extra chicken broth and brown sugar and garlic, and simmered the veggies in that. Next was Mediterranean shrimp and pasta, with a cream cheese (Neufchatel) sauce, broccoli, red bell pepper, and whole wheat pasta.

So far, my family loves the food, but gripes endlessly about portion sizes, which I have to monitor like the Soviet miltary at Checkpoint Charlie.

I had my own homemade recipe for Chinese fried rice with Chinese sausages. I think my fried rice is way better than the restaurants. I substitute diced (or you can cut them in strips if you prefer) red peppers for bean sprouts (not a fan of bean sprouts).

Forum List

Back