Well done - Obama forces gun control

And once again, a fine example of the sort of multiple murderer that would have had his guns removed if sensible gun laws and vetting was in place.

US man shot dead by his son after killing three 'in dispute over washing machine'

A man shot and killed his wife and two others in his home in Los Angeles on New Year’s Eve before his son wrestled the gun away and fatally shot him in a chain of events apparently set off by a dispute over a washing machine. ..
...The 54-year-old father was a heavy drinker with a large gun collection, and authorities had made dozens of previous trips to the home, the department said.

It's really simple, this well known violent drunk would have lost his right to own guns, so a silly argument over a washing machine would probably have ended up with a bloody nose, not several murders.

I fail to see why anyone wants violent drunks to have access to guns.
Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Woman going wrong way on I-95 kills 4 others and self

Using that measure...gotta ban cars too.

Home - BBC News

I've just watched Obama's excellent speech on gun control, telling how the American public is being left to die by the rich and powerful in the gun lobby who bribe their way into blocking any and all laws that will help keep the American people safe from fools with firearms.

The pro death posters will immediately say how this won't stop criminals with guns, but how many US mass murders were carried out by that group, and how many were committed by known to be unstable people with legally held weapons?

Well done Obama for taking a stand against the greedy who support gun sales for their greed.
Any and all politician who have voted against sensible gun control in the past should be ashamed of themselves.

What Obama plans on doing will be barely noticeable. It's a bread crumb for fools like you who think he's acting on your agenda, but in fact, it will have little effect, if any.

so true and that is going to leave a mark. but it had to be pointed out. he had to throw a bone to what little base of supporters he has left for the Democrat party. all told he's been the ABSOLUTE worst thing that could have happened to them.

Standard liberal tactic...chip away a little at a time.

You have figured out my agenda. I might as well come clean. I plan on supporting changes in guns laws to prevent a gun seller from legally selling John Hinkley an AR-15 at a gun show.

So where do the ghetto thugs get their guns?

I don't really care. Inner city gangsters mostly shoot each other. My best guess is that John Hinckley is not going to go into the Baltimore ghetto to buy his next gun from a 17 year old gang-banger. Neither would the guy in my neighborhood who was under a restraining order to stay away from his wife and children, who finally flipped out, bought a gun, and killed all three of them, and then himself, last summer.

What Obama plans on doing will be barely noticeable. It's a bread crumb for fools like you who think he's acting on your agenda, but in fact, it will have little effect, if any.

so true and that is going to leave a mark. but it had to be pointed out. he had to throw a bone to what little base of supporters he has left for the Democrat party. all told he's been the ABSOLUTE worst thing that could have happened to them.

You have figured out my agenda. I might as well come clean. I plan on supporting changes in guns laws to prevent a gun seller from legally selling John Hinkley an AR-15 at a gun show.

I don't really care. Inner city gangsters mostly shoot each other. My best guess is that John Hinckley is not going to go into the Baltimore ghetto to buy his next gun from a 17 year old gang-banger. Neither would the guy in my neighborhood who was under a restraining order to stay away from his wife and children, who finally flipped out, bought a gun, and killed all three of them, and then himself, last summer.

So black lives dont matter....

Matter to whom? The parents?

-Geaux

Sorry you feel that way. To me, inner city drug dealing gang members lives don't matter (including white motorcycle gangsters at Twin Peaks, in Waco).

Matter to whom? The parents?

-Geaux

Apparently not...

Sorry you feel that way. To me, inner city drug dealing gang members lives don't matter.

Get rid of inner city killings and our murder rate would be the envy of the first world.

[...]

If you want to reduce gun murder, here is a clue.......go after actual violent criminals...and not nurses from Pennsylvania who get stopped in New Jersey with a legally owned and carried gun.......they go after her full tilt....and refuse to prosecute actual violent criminals in these major cities.......

One wonders why that is........Hint: look into Fast and Furious....
You've referenced a particularly offensive example of Second Amendment violation in the above.

I live in New Jersey. Were it not for my advanced age and the proximity to my family in New York I would move out of this state for a number of reasons, among which is the fact that its gun laws are exceptionally repressive.

Also, in the Pennsylvania nurse's example, along with many others I could cite, I've come to believe the gun is a tangible extension of a cop's authority, identity and, therefore, ego. This is why some cops are inclined to react in a manner which reflects personal offense when they find a gun in a civilian's possession -- even under the most benign circumstances, such as this nurse's example.

The implication is obvious: The badge symbolically imparts authority. If one chooses to resist that authority the gun can be used to affirm it. But if the subject of this imposition also has a gun the potency of the symbol is substantially reduced.

Sorry you feel that way. To me, inner city drug dealing gang members lives don't matter.

Get rid of inner city killings and our murder rate would be the envy of the first world.

And that would be with 357 million guns in private hands.........and 13 million people carrying guns for self defense......not of which are used to murder people....

The gun was not the issue in the murder of the family....and I would bet the guy didn't just "flip out," but as in all cases of family murder there was a long and detailed history of violence with criminal records and more than likely drug and alcohol abuse......those are the factors you have to watch out for....

Considering there are 357 million guns in private hands and only 8,124 gun murders.....in 2014....the majority of which are criminals murdering criminals that means 356,991,876 guns in homes with families were not used to murder any family members.......

your point is pointless...since he could just as easily have killed them with a knife in their sleep or set the house on fire.....

Home - BBC News

I've just watched Obama's excellent speech on gun control, telling how the American public is being left to die by the rich and powerful in the gun lobby who bribe their way into blocking any and all laws that will help keep the American people safe from fools with firearms.

The pro death posters will immediately say how this won't stop criminals with guns, but how many US mass murders were carried out by that group, and how many were committed by known to be unstable people with legally held weapons?

Well done Obama for taking a stand against the greedy who support gun sales for their greed.
Any and all politician who have voted against sensible gun control in the past should be ashamed of themselves.

Federal law.....any licensed gun seller must do a federal background check.

Individuals selling their own property have always been able to sell legal property, including guns anywhere without a background check. They are selling as individuals, the location doesn't matter......there is no gun show loophole.

Home - BBC News

They are on the freinds and family plan.....they get family with clean records to buy the guns or they steal the guns.

In each case avoiding background checks.

Mass shooters....go through background checks or steal the guns.

The only people actually going through background checks are law abiding citizens and people who can pass them with plans on supplying criminals..

Simple solution...arrest criminals caught with guns and lock them up.

Also.....give police more resources to conduct stings.

All of the gun traffickers I have posted about have been caught without background checks, licensing gun owners or registring guns....they were caught using informants......snitches.......and undercover cops.

the problem....obama and the democrats are not prosecuting them and locking them up for long periods.

What would have kept John Hinckley from passing a background check?

Home - BBC News

given that the rightwingnuts are in the pocket of the NRA, and THE PEOPLE want guns kept out of the hands of criminals and crazies, he did the right thing.

The fact that the terms of his release from institutionalism forbids him from owning a weapon.

Exactly...
Surely many have wanted to ask the same question of President Reagan since the attempt on his life nearly two years ago: ''Don't you think that things might have been different if Hinckley had had more difficulty in being able to get a gun?''

At his news conference this week, the President answered with another question: ''(Hinckley) did what he did in an area that has about the strictest gun control laws that there are in the United States. Now, how effective are gun control laws for someone that wants to commit a crime using a gun when he could choose the place where they're supposed to be least likely to have one?''

Exactly...
Surely many have wanted to ask the same question of President Reagan since the attempt on his life nearly two years ago: ''Don't you think that things might have been different if Hinckley had had more difficulty in being able to get a gun?''

At his news conference this week, the President answered with another question: ''(Hinckley) did what he did in an area that has about the strictest gun control laws that there are in the United States. Now, how effective are gun control laws for someone that wants to commit a crime using a gun when he could choose the place where they're supposed to be least likely to have one?''

Then, by all means, let's send John a Smith & Wesson catalog, and hire him to do some NRA commercials.

Home - BBC News

Terrorist supporters like yourself love gun-free zones and an unarmed population so you can carry out your attacks without fear of being killed yourselves. Pigs to slaughter.

Gun grabbers are trying to cause more bloodshed on purpose so they can keep restricting our gun rights. They know that none of their attempts to curb gun ownership will actually reduce gun violence. The purpose is merely to disarm law-abiding citizens irregardless of the 2nd Amendment so we can't defend ourselves from totalitarian government.

Forum List

Back