We spent more in Ukraine in two years than in 10 years Vietnam.

It's only been a year, Einstein.

And the answer has several reasons.

The first reason is simply, Russia has no claim to that nation, and we were already helping Ukraine out before the war to defend themselves.

The second reason, is because Russia is a military adversary. They always have been, and likely always will be. If we can curb the number of their tanks, helicopters and men, we can be more confident in U.S. domination in Europe.

Third, they asked us for our help. Russia threatened us. We don't listen to threatening countries, we do the opposite of what they want because we're Americans and we don't give a fuck.

The first reason is simply, Russia has no claim to that nation, and we were already helping Ukraine out before the war to defend themselves.

The second reason, is because Russia is a military adversary. They always have been, and likely always will be. If we can curb the number of their tanks, helicopters and men, we can be more confident in U.S. domination in Europe.

Third, they asked us for our help. Russia threatened us. We don't listen to threatening countries, we do the opposite of what they want because we're Americans and we don't give a fuck.
Pretty good at talkin yankee there. Scalawag often?

For what?
Vietnam was mainly about rubbish , early US Neo Con strategic (Domino) thinking and before the WEF was even established .

Ukey is about the Nazi Fourth Reich with organised WEF and Deep State commitment .

You know nothing. Stop posting.

I bet you believe the propagandist lie that this war was totally UNPROVOKED.

All you ever do is post statist war propaganda. Dupe!

How many times do you have to be told the same thing OP? What are you, some kind of idiot?!??

To be fair we were meddling in their domestic affairs ie running coups against the pro-Russian leadership and installing pro Western ones.
Russia only became an adversary of the US post the overthrow of the czar's and more specifically after WW2. There was no reason for that adversarial relationship to continue post the cold war.

Russia threatened us? NK threatens us all the time. So does China. That's hardly a reason to go to war with another country. What legitimate threat outside a nuclear strike did Russia pose to the US?

Wasnt Mitt Romney roundly laughed at for suggesting that Russia was a geopolitical threat to the US just10 years ago?

To be fair we were meddling in their domestic affairs ie running coups against the pro-Russian leadership and installing pro Western ones.

So a pro-freedom Western leadership is worse than a Russian puppet government?

Russia only became an adversary of the US post the overthrow of the czar's and more specifically after WW2. There was no reason for that adversarial relationship to continue post the cold war.

If Russia wanted to behave, then I'd agree. But we've seen Putin and his friends invade other countries and do whatever it takes to stay in power since then, so I am not convinced. Besides, you're not going to undo years of communist brainwashing overnight. A lot of Russians still view America as enemy #1.

Russia threatened us? NK threatens us all the time. So does China. That's hardly a reason to go to war with another country. What legitimate threat outside a nuclear strike did Russia pose to the US?

But Russia is in a position to actually act on its threats. Not that they would, but now they have a reason to.

And North Korea is funny when they threaten us, so they don't count.
Wasnt Mitt Romney roundly laughed at for suggesting that Russia was a geopolitical threat to the US just10 years ago?

Mitt is an idiot, but a lot in politics are...

So a pro-freedom Western leadership is worse than a Russian puppet government?

We are to decide for other countries what is and isnt good for them? Would you agree with that if someone were coming here and doing it?

If Russia wanted to behave, then I'd agree. But we've seen Putin and his friends invade other countries and do whatever it takes to stay in power since then, so I am not convinced. Besides, you're not going to undo years of communist brainwashing overnight. A lot of Russians still view America as enemy #1.

Who gives a shit what Russians think? We've done nothing to foster anything but an adversarial relationship with them have we?

You do realize we've invaded just about as many countries as Russia has since the cold war right?

But Russia is in a position to actually act on its threats. Not that they would, but now they have a reason to.

No they aren't. Outside a nuclear strike Russia has never really been in a position to hit the US. Even at the height of the cold war. How were they going to get their troops from Russia to the US? They can barely get them around Russia.

And North Korea is funny when they threaten us, so they don't count.

Mitt is an idiot, but a lot in politics are...

He's an idiot who was right though isnt he? My point is everyone laughed at that guy 10 years ago and now those same people act like Russia is and has always been the primary threat to the US.

You are actually badly mistaken , imho, :-
*In Donbas the population voted around 90% to be part of the Federation .They are essentially all Russian and that is their spoken language .
*The Kyiv Nazis had conducted open warfare against Donbas since 2014 which the Minsk agreements forbade .Up to 15000 killed etc
*Russia is not your military adversary . It has become so because of brain washing .NATO , Nazis and Neo Cons still pushing Domino theory .
*Russia told NATO over 30 years ago that Ukraine (part of the Soviet empire)must never threaten its borders which it did when the US supported a Nazi regime change and the US funded and built over 30 Bio Labs . Let alone threats of nuclear weapons development .
* Donbas then requested Russian support and with 200 000 Ukey troops lined up to invade Donbas at the end February last year , Moscow pre-empted them and avoided being invaded by a first strike initiative.

Lots more but you might consider those comments .Hard facts . Not just my opinions

My dad remembers the anti-war demonstrations during the Vietnam era among young people. Young people today don't seem to be concerned with the war in Ukraine.

You are actually badly mistaken , imho, :-
*In Donbas the population voted around 90% to be part of the Federation .They are essentially all Russian and that is their spoken language .

Do you mean the 2014 referendums, or the 2022 one?
*The Kyiv Nazis had conducted open warfare against Donbas since 2014 which the Minsk agreements forbade .Up to 15000 killed etc

Those civilians were killed in warfare between the UA and Russian separatists armed and backed by Russia. While the Donbass is a part of Ukraine, it must follow Ukraine law and order. Militant separatists were to blame.

*Russia is not your military adversary . It has become so because of brain washing .NATO , Nazis and Neo Cons still pushing Domino theory .

So go move to Russia then if America is so wrong and bad.

*Russia told NATO over 30 years ago that Ukraine (part of the Soviet empire)must never threaten its borders which it did when the US supported a Nazi regime change and the US funded and built over 30 Bio Labs . Let alone threats of nuclear weapons development .

To bad Russia doesn't have a say since, you know, we're a free alliance and they aren't.

* Donbas then requested Russian support and with 200 000 Ukey troops lined up to invade Donbas at the end February last year , Moscow pre-empted them and avoided being invaded by a first strike initiative.

Donbass didn't request anything, Putin just decided to come to the aid of his separatists to finish what they failed to do.

Lots more but you might consider those comments .Hard facts . Not just my opinions

I respect your opinions, but in my own opinion I believe you have been skewed by the shitload of propaganda that is floating around everywhere. This is a propaganda war, and both sides are doing it. I choose to side with my own country, not the Russians.

Forum List

Back