We must restore constitutional government

The information wasn't being collected to track spending, it was being collected to track income... Fail.
Nice try. You fail again. The question you purported to “answer” was:

“Remind me again where in the US Constitution it authorizes the federal government to receive reports about your spending habits?”

Your “answer” was that the amendment authorizing an income tax authorized it. But it didn’t. Your purported answer was either dishonest or a great example of your eternally hopeless ignorance.

Your “answer” was that the amendment authorizing an income tax authorized it. But it didn’t. Your purported answer was either dishonest or a great example of your eternally hopeless ignorance.

The 16th Amendment authorizes the government to track and tax income. So yes, the government can totally track transactions over $600.00. You lose again.

The 16th Amendment authorizes the government to track and tax income. So yes, the government can totally track transactions over $600.00. You lose again.
The government may have a right to see how much I earn. (It’s an INCOME tax, you idiot.)

That doesn’t grant them the right to see how much I spend. They may claim the authority. That doesn’t mean they have any such authority or that they should have it.

The government may have a right to see how much I earn. (It’s an INCOME tax, you idiot.)

That doesn’t grant them the right to see how much I spend. They may claim the authority. That doesn’t mean they have any such authority or that they should have it.

Okay, did they let all the retards have computer night tonight?

The purpose was NOT to track spending, it was to track INCOME. Because so many people are using Zelle and Paypal and other apps to take payment for services, the government needs a way to track that.

This isn't fucking complicated.

Okay, did they let all the retards have computer night tonight?

The purpose was NOT to track spending, it was to track INCOME. Because so many people are using Zelle and Paypal and other apps to take payment for services, the government needs a way to track that.

This isn't fucking complicated.
You are retarded.

If the gubmint sees me paying some other individual $750.00, that doesn’t mean they are tracking income. They are tracking a payment of some unknown kind. And my purchases are none of their business. And if I sell my old couch for a shit ton less than I paid for it, that too is none of their fucking business.

If the gubmint sees me paying some other individual $750.00, that doesn’t mean they are tracking income. They are tracking a payment of some unknown kind. And my purchases are none of their business. And if I sell my old couch for a shit ton less than I paid for it, that too is none of their fucking business.

Yes, they are tracking the income of the person you gave the $750.00 to. They really don't care what you bought, they care that the person receiving the $750 might be generating income that way and it's a red flag if it happens a lot through PayPal, Zelle, Ebay, etc.

Yes, they are tracking the income of the person you gave the $750.00 to. They really don't care what you bought, they care that the person receiving the $750 might be generating income that way and it's a red flag if it happens a lot through PayPal, Zelle, Ebay, etc.
They are not tracking income in my example. So, you remain wrong. As always.

If I send out a payment on Venmo, and the gubmint tracks it, then that’s exactly what Brandon proposes.

Yes, to the person who receives it...
Again, what they are looking for is patterns. Not the occassional sale on Ebay or a gift to aunt Jenny, but the guy who gets lots of payments through cash apps, and then doesn't report them to the IRS.

Yes, to the person who receives it...
Again, what they are looking for is patterns. Not the occassional sale on Ebay or a gift to aunt Jenny, but the guy who gets lots of payments through cash apps, and then doesn't report them to the IRS.
Wrong. If I buy your used sofa, I haven’t earned anything. No reason for the gubmint to know about my purchase.

Also, you probably lost money on the selling of a used sofa. Not income. None of the gubmint’s fucking business.

Wrong. If I buy your used sofa, I haven’t earned anything. No reason for the gubmint to know about my purchase.

Also, you probably lost money on the selling of a used sofa. Not income. None of the gubmint’s fucking business.

Not what was being proposed by the law... The law just required banks to record any transaction over $600.00. (Should also point that this proposal was dropped.)

The IRS isn't going to care that you bought a sofa. What they are going to care about is that the guy who was selling sofas every week and not reporting it on his 1040.

Not what was being proposed by the law... The law just required banks to record any transaction over $600.00. (Should also point that this proposal was dropped.)

The IRS isn't going to care that you bought a sofa. What they are going to care about is that the guy who was selling sofas every week and not reporting it on his 1040.
I don’t care what their alleged purpose is or was. I care about the intrusive effect of it. It is not a proper way for our government to root out tax evasion.

I don’t care what their alleged purpose is or was. I care about the intrusive effect of it. It is not a proper way for our government to root out tax evasion.

Why not? Frankly, a lot of these services are already doing it. Every year, PayPal sends me tax documentation for all the money I collect through PayPal. (I've largely moved over to Zelle because it's easier to use and cheaper.)

Why not? Frankly, a lot of these services are already doing it. Every year, PayPal sends me tax documentation for all the money I collect through PayPal. (I've largely moved over to Zelle because it's easier to use and cheaper.)
If you use PayPal and they collect the string of entries for you, that’s between you and PayPal. You can do anything legal with any other person or company on which you agree. When the government imposes it on you because THEY want your information, the government has crossed a line. Their official action negates agreement.

And if you say “but we have a representative gubmint and they can pass laws!” then the response is “they can only legitimately pass laws consistent with the Constitution.”

Forum List

Back