We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Is standing around with a group of other people collectively with their thumbs up their asses a constitutional right?
Yes, stupid.... it is. Grow up.

Yes, it's in there.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Religious institutions have to follow the law like everyone else. Actually you kind of said it yourself.

Trapped ya, didn't I.

Next time think it through.

I don't see how you getting caught in one of your typical, Pogoesque lies, constitutes me having been “trapped”.

I don't think anyone else does, either.

Be advised, Pogo is widely know for his circular arguments, which he then proclaims victory, after everyone gets bored and leaves.

Are you a judge?
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I know the good pastor will get off after hiring a lawyer.

No, you don't. I ask again. Are you a judge?
Are you a leftist derpwad that knows nothing about The Constitution? I bet damn good and well you are.

Both sheriff's offices in both counties will have to answer for this egregious violation of The Constitution.

And neither sheriff's office in either county are part of Congress.

Trapped ya, didn't I.

I don't see how you getting caught in one of your typical, Pogoesque lies, constitutes me having been “trapped”.

Of course you don't. If you could have seen it, you wouldn't have been trapped, now would you.

As I said --- find us an instance of Congress making such a law. That's who makes federal statues yanno.
Oh and also check your Tenth Amendment.

I think I already pointed out, because I remember looking at your lat/long coordinates --- what do you think happens in a hurricane evacuation?

Trapped ya, didn't I.

Be advised, Pogo is widely know for his circular arguments, which he then proclaims victory, after everyone gets bored and leaves.

Feel free to point out the circle.

Or, for the other poster, the "lie". Fer fuxsake I quoted the Constitution.

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".

It wasn't the church that tried to illegally shut down the government. It was the government that tried to illegally shut down the church, in blatant and inexcusable violation of the First Amendment. It was government that manufactured a fake crisis, and then tried to use it as an excuse to trash the Constitution.
Congregating at the church was not the only option. They could have performed their services online.

Not everyone has online access you know.

Computers are limited ,they have not yet found a way to deliver smell waves, so that the congregants can smell the incense. And how will snake handling denominations going to reproduce that experience online
People can burn their own incense and handle their own snakes.

Not necessarily. A lot of landlords prohibit both practices in rental properties. I suppose if the continued ban on Evictions continues indefinitely it might be possible.
Why would those people rent an apartment where they're not free to practice their religion? Sounds like they're not very committed.

Neither incense-burning nor snake-handling are typically part of individual daily devotions. They're both part of group rituals.

But I admire your consistency in never, ever, in any way allowing yourself to even try to understand people you don't agree with.
Try not to be so fucking ignorant. I was returning that poster's facetiousness.
icon_rolleyes.gif

And neither sheriff's office in either county are part of Congress.

I don't think there is any jurisdiction where the Sheriff has the power to make law. At the state or lower levels, that would be up to whatever legislative process is in place to make law in that jurisdiction. The Sheriff only has the authority and duty to enforce whatever laws were legitimately created by the legislative process.

As I said --- find us an instance of Congress making such a law. That's who makes federal statues yanno [sic]. Oh and also check your Tenth Amendment.

And at the federal level, only Congress has the authority and duty to make laws. The Judicial and Executive branches have only the power and duty to apply, uphold, and enforce the laws that have been properly enacted by the legislative process.

And by incorporation under the Fourteenth Amendment, state and lower legislatures are forbidden from making laws which violate any part of the First Amendment, just as Congress always was before the Fourteenth Amendment was enacted.

Government is also supposed to protect the public's safetly. When Constitutional provisions collide, government has to pick one over the other.

The Constitution is the highest law in this nation. Any government action which puts it below any other interest is an act of lawlessness and corruption.
No one was prohibited their right to exercise their religion.

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

catch the virus and die - the constitution is moot
Now you should understand the words of Benjamin Franklin " those who would give up an essential liberty for a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben, being a pretty smart feller, would have told you to get back inside and shut up. It will be over soon.
Ben wasn't into controlling anyone like you are. Keep calm. Kneel down. He's going to come in your mouth any minute. That's how you shut up.
Ben had working brain, unlike you. You are a complete and total moron.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

Now you should understand the words of Benjamin Franklin " those who would give up an essential liberty for a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben, being a pretty smart feller, would have told you to get back inside and shut up. It will be over soon.
Ben wasn't into controlling anyone like you are. Keep calm. Kneel down. He's going to come in your mouth any minute. That's how you shut up.

If this was 1942 you'd be defending hoarding as a freedom.
Only of the other conservitards told her to. This one does not think for herself. She only spews what she heard someone else say. Usually only the one who was loudest.

a national emergency -

Oh is hoarding a constitutional right
Freedom to assemble is. Freedom of religion is. Right there, first amendment.

Gads democrats aren't worth as much as mold.

Is standing around with a group of other people collectively with their thumbs up their asses a constitutional right?
Only if they are all as dumb as she is.

I must have missed the universal proclamation and agreement that eons old contaigent health issues take precedent over everything else in life and vacate freedoms

being alive to enjoy those freedoms comes first
Who says you won’t be alive. Very small chance you get this and very very small chance you are hospitalized and very very very small chance you die.
Very big chance economy is crushed and livelihoods of many destroyed
All you just provided was another typical melodramatic liberal emotive dramatic overreaction known as Lib 101

my husband's cousin's husband has a cleaning & powerwashing business. he's been hired by NYS to clean & sterilize box trucks that will be converted into freezers for the dead bodies that are starting to pile up
Makes a neato urban legend

If You Die Poor or Alone in New York City, You’ll Be Buried by Prisoners in a Mass Grave
Got news for ya. If you die poor and alone in any city you will be buried in a mass grave, cremated in multiple body burning or turned into biosludge. Why? Why not. No one cares.

a national emergency -

Only of the other conservitards told her to. This one does not think for herself. She only spews what she heard someone else say. Usually only the one who was loudest.

I remember this one making the following comment: on Feb 27th:

Let's hope this disease deals with San Francisco, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit.

What a disgusting human being.

a national emergency -

Oh is hoarding a constitutional right
Freedom to assemble is. Freedom of religion is. Right there, first amendment.

Gads democrats aren't worth as much as mold.

Only if they are all as dumb as she is.

They are.

No one was prohibited their right to exercise their religion.

At best, that point is arguable. It is undeniable, however, that their freedom to peaceably assemble was violated, this right being stated in the First Amendment along with freedom of religion. Neither of these rights is given higher precedence than the other, other than the practical consideration that exercising one's freedom of religion often necessarily also involves exercising one's right to peaceably assemble.

There are exceptions.

Will they make exceptions for the Radical Muslims in a few weeks when their annual Ramadam bullshit comes down?

Of course the exceptions don't apply to Muslims. Why that would be wacist.

Oh they never do, never. Muslims are brown-skinned, they're "diverse" and wear cool clothing.

That's all it takes for most simpleton Leftists to drool all over them.

Did you actually just sit on this board and post "Muslims are brown-skinned"????

:laughing0301:
thud.gif
:laugh2: :lmao:
shakehead.gif
:auiqs.jpg:
smiliegah.gif

Wait wait --- and then immediately follow that sweeping non sequitur generalization with "they're diverse"??

Holy SHIT that just took over first place for stupidest post in recent memory.
Oh no, I gotta bookmark this shit.Ho

You entirely missed that I'm citing reasons WHY BRAIN-DEAD LEFTIST LOVE MUSLIMS but go ahead Pogo knock yourself out

I don't know anyone who is 'brain dead' but as a 'leftist' I no more love or hate Muslims than I do Christians or Jews.

And I expect Americans- regardless of whether they are Muslim, Jewish or Christian or atheists to follow the law and do what they can to protect everyone.

That's what all the Nazis said at the Nuremburg Trials--they were just "following the law", just following orders

The law, "orders" should be questioned. Does anyone at all remember when so-called liberals weren't mindless drones just following whatever orders are handed down?
How can you possibly compare our social distancing Orders to Nazis who systematically gassed/worked to death millions of people they didn't like?
That's going to far, in my book.

Read here, on this forum, what people would like to DO to do those who don't follow "Social distancing orders"

Over to you, Mactheknife
That tells me nothing. I've been reading a bunch of these threads about the arrested pastor(s) and I don't recall any of them asking for systematic extermination of our citizens. Just back off that one, Sue.

Backing any action by saying "it's the law, I was just following orders" is EXACTLY what happened in Nazi Germany. That you want me to back off it means that it hits too close to home, so no.

I specifically cited that LAWS SHOULD BE QUESTIONED, not that everyone in this thread wants millions to die in extermination camps. So stop playing
Nothing you said hits close to home.
I like the way you reworded it.

I didn't have to reword a thing. You're the one who hyperventilated all over the thread about exterminations. I pointed out what happens when people don't question laws.

The law SHOULD ALWAYS be questioned. Do you agree or not agree.

Ya' just can't defeat the Christian church. The Soviet Union tried for decades.

And those on the left wrong have been trying to do so here in this country, for not quite as many decades, and without nearly as much power behind them. But they keep trying, and it's no surprise to see them exploiting this manufactured crisis for this purpose.
The best the left can do to compete is establish and feed their "liberal" churches.

The crisis is quite real, though; a lot of people are dying. But they do seem to delight in posting stories on these boards about the arrest of pastors. And I don't imagine we've seen the last such story.

Like I say, the church is not easy to oppose.

neh - it's not so much about arresting religious leaders - but rather holding those responsible for their actions instead of allowing them to cloak themselves in some sort of false special 'constituional' privledge regardless of the danger they are creating.

I seem to recall the same wags sitting on here denouncing those who refuse to follow mandatory evacuation orders in a coming hurricane. Here, they do a complete 180. Having it both ways: Priceless.

People have the right not to follow mandatory evacuation orders. They do not have to evacuate their homes on gov't edict. What they do not have the right to is dispatchers putting their lives at risk to save them. And that is fair.
Whoa. So people who defy the orders and get sick should be denied saving? No hospital care for them? That's fair?

If the gov't gives the edict, and they are on any kind of gov't assistance to pay for that care, including Medicare, yes, I would find that to be perfectly fair. You are knowingly taking this risk, if you come down with COVID because of it, you assume all costs of risks.

Very fair.

Why do you seem to think that Christians should be exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else?

Government in America is supposed to keep their hands off of Religion. That's the 1st Amendment.
Government is also supposed to protect the public's safetly. When Constitutional provisions collide, government has to pick one over the other. In this case, they chose public safety over staying out of religion, in part, since those religious folks can find alternate methods to practice their faith without risking the public's safety.
And to address the Constitution aspects of it- government can only ignore constitutional protections for reasons that narrowly constructed for valid reasons- for example- the government can tell a church it can only have 100 people in the building because of fire regulations- this is an acceptable restriction on the right to assemble because there is a clear public safety reason for it- this is exactly the same.

Now if the government said that it was only closing churches, or only closing houses of worship- and ignoring theaters and stadiums- then there would be a real constitutional issue.

Later on this month, the Jihadi Community celebrate Ramadam. Will the libs have the guts to tell them to cancel their event too?

What do they even do to celebrate Ramadan? Can't say I know much about the practice of Islam.

Worship is a big part of it and breaking fasts together, daily and at other points, I believe

These same yahoos all over the Christians in church would sing a WHOLE different tunes if it were Muslims being arrested for worshiping believe me

^ pure cray cray bullshit. a brown mooooooslem can infect me or gramma just like you, suzie - after all they are human you know........

Please direct me to all the threads where you have denounced Muslims for any reason I'll wait right here

lol... i denounce anybody capable of terrorism - whether it's those who own AR-15s & slaughter their fellow americans or go into stores & ignorantly shed their corona germs that can kill fellow americans.

Playtime can't see the difference

Anyone who knows anything about this scumbag, Rodney Howard-Brown, knows he should be committed just as much as he should be arrested. And not for staying open during this pandemic so he could hustle more money out of his sheep. He's a fucking loon and a scam artist, not a pastor.

There are too many of those. But we are not arguing people. We are arguing principles of law, hello

The law is being laid down.....in most states i think....but if people had any common sense no law would be required....only stupid people want to participate in big gatherings in these times.

the scientist who actually know wtf they are talking about are saying BEST CASE SCENARIO is 100,000 - 240,000 people will be dead within a couple weeks if all 50 states shelter in place. but suzie thinks that shouldn't matter & those souls dying shouldn't matter.

Yeah but you drive a car will be Sue's response.

Which you cannot refute by your own words. You take risks every day which put others' lives at risk

Now go cry in the corner or stuff you thumb in your mouth or something

Forum List

Back