We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

catch the virus and die - the constitution is moot
Now you should understand the words of Benjamin Franklin " those who would give up an essential liberty for a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben, being a pretty smart feller, would have told you to get back inside and shut up. It will be over soon.
Ben wasn't into controlling anyone like you are. Keep calm. Kneel down. He's going to come in your mouth any minute. That's how you shut up.

If this was 1942 you'd be defending hoarding as a freedom.
Oh is hoarding a constitutional right
Freedom to assemble is. Freedom of religion is. Right there, first amendment.

Gads democrats aren't worth as much as mold.

Is standing around with a group of other people collectively with their thumbs up their asses a constitutional right?

Yes, stupid.... it is. Grow up.

I'm not the one who can't get it through my head the depth of what we're in. You'll figure it out.

No I get it. By all means convince those to stay home. If I was face to face with this guy, I'd be like "dude what the crap are doing?".

But there is a fundamental difference between a freedom based society, and a left-wing totalitarian dictatorship of oppression where people don't have rights.

That's what you need to get through your head. This illness will pass. It will. The destruction, and elimination of rights... that will destroy the entire country. You wipe out the constitution, and this virus will look like a Utopia compared to the oppression that government will inflict on the public.

Every cruel and evil brutal dictatorship, has endless justification for the destruction of liberty. Right now, you are on the side of this argument that Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Castro, and Hugo Chavez were on.

You should think about that.

If they could think better, they wouldn't be liberals

Sad but true

Hey every single liberlal/Leftist on this thread who has cried and whined and slobbered over the white Christians in their megachurches: go play in the shallow pool of your precious Identity Politics for a while and find out who some of the worst offenders of Still Going to Church are:

Black City Churchgoers. It's in my new thread under Current Events. Oh and this particularly dangerous because COVID is hitting some of these communities very hard

Go on, run over there and tell us how terrible it is that Black people are also going to church. I'll wait over there for ya

Right now, guidelines call for social distancing in the population however, the congress can assemble. I guess they are more 'special.'

Anyone who knows anything about this scumbag, Rodney Howard-Brown, knows he should be committed just as much as he should be arrested. And not for staying open during this pandemic so he could hustle more money out of his sheep. He's a fucking loon and a scam artist, not a pastor.

There are too many of those. But we are not arguing people. We are arguing principles of law, hello

The law is being laid down.....in most states i think....but if people had any common sense no law would be required....only stupid people want to participate in big gatherings in these times.

the scientist who actually know wtf they are talking about are saying BEST CASE SCENARIO is 100,000 - 240,000 people will be dead within a couple weeks if all 50 states shelter in place. but suzie thinks that shouldn't matter & those souls dying shouldn't matter.

Yeah but you drive a car will be Sue's response.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa exactly these morons seem un-ashamed to demonstrate their stupidity

I wonder how they would react if they or one of their relatives comes down with the virus?

These idiots are so disgustingly stupid that I am going through this thread tonight and put each stupid person I see on ignore.

Which you cannot refute by your own words. You take risks every day which put others' lives at risk

Now go cry in the corner or stuff you thumb in your mouth or something

Well...just finished a good clean-up. Got rid of most of the stoooopids forever. I will check back tomorrow to see if I missed any.

Trying to engage such religious nut case stoopids you see on here in intelligent debate is a waste of time.

It is kiinda fun for a lil while to skewer the religious nut cases who give Christianity a bad name but it quickly gets boring. This thread looks a whole lot better now that I have put most of them on ignore...I will get the ones I missed tomorrow.

Coronavirus is being spread by folks who show no symptoms. That means the selfish Trump following morons are spreading their Trump virus to your grocery stores and everywhere else.
Anyone following Trump is isolating themselves because Trump told them to. You're believing stupidity.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Please. please. please, you & your buddies get together & sneeze on each other, shake hands, etc

Hey every single liberlal/Leftist on this thread who has cried and whined and slobbered over the white Christians in their megachurches: go play in the shallow pool of your precious Identity Politics for a while and find out who some of the worst offenders of Still Going to Church are:

Black City Churchgoers. It's in my new thread under Current Events. Oh and this particularly dangerous because COVID is hitting some of these communities very hard

Go on, run over there and tell us how terrible it is that Black people are also going to church. I'll wait over there for ya

Stupidity is colorblind

Please. please. please, you & your buddies get together & sneeze on each other, shake hands, etc

Actually, its the libs who are really spreading this, Dave. President Trump suggested to the people that they wash their hands after using the can as a sanitary practice to avoid spreading disease.

Libs have rebelled. They are saying "Fuck Trump" and ripping the sinks out of Texaco station restrooms in liberal areas. They aren't going to take orders from Trump on washing hands and they refuse to take Trumpicillin (Hydroxychloroquine) because of the President's discovery of it.

No one was prohibited their right to exercise their religion.

At best, that point is arguable. It is undeniable, however, that their freedom to peaceably assemble was violated, this right being stated in the First Amendment along with freedom of religion. Neither of these rights is given higher precedence than the other, other than the practical consideration that exercising one's freedom of religion often necessarily also involves exercising one's right to peaceably assemble.

First off, "assembly" isn't "religion" and "religion" isn't "assembly". Anyone can certainly assemble for non-religious reasons and anyone can hold whatever religious beliefs without need of assembly. Religion is after all PERSONAL, not public. Whether one assembles or not has zero bearing on what one's religious beliefs are, unless you need other people to tell you what you believe. And if that's the case what you're practicing isn't "religion".

Nobody's right to either is vacated by a temporary public health directive. A government, whether federal, state or local, by definition has the responsibility to look after public safety. If that involves closing a street because there's a sinkhole, mandatory evacuation because there's a hurricane coming, or dispersal because there's an infectious disease, that's what all of them are doing.

Are you a judge?
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I know the good pastor will get off after hiring a lawyer.

No, you don't. I ask again. Are you a judge?
Are you a leftist derpwad that knows nothing about The Constitution? I bet damn good and well you are.

Both sheriff's offices in both counties will have to answer for this egregious violation of The Constitution.

They did not say they could not assemble. They said you had to maintain 6 feet, which they did not do. Otherwise, those having "drive-in" church would get arrested also. They were not.

No one was prohibited their right to exercise their religion.

At best, that point is arguable. It is undeniable, however, that their freedom to peaceably assemble was violated, this right being stated in the First Amendment along with freedom of religion. Neither of these rights is given higher precedence than the other, other than the practical consideration that exercising one's freedom of religion often necessarily also involves exercising one's right to peaceably assemble.
Why should those rights supersede others rights to life?

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Sorry you don't get to knowingly endanger people.

Constitution my friend. Sorry, you don't get to just take away constitutional rights.

How many more will be endangered by a civil war? Make Corona look like a Utopia.

a national emergency -

catch the virus and die - the constitution is moot
Now you should understand the words of Benjamin Franklin " those who would give up an essential liberty for a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben, being a pretty smart feller, would have told you to get back inside and shut up. It will be over soon.
Ben wasn't into controlling anyone like you are. Keep calm. Kneel down. He's going to come in your mouth any minute. That's how you shut up.

If this was 1942 you'd be defending hoarding as a freedom.
Oh is hoarding a constitutional right
Freedom to assemble is. Freedom of religion is. Right there, first amendment.

Gads democrats aren't worth as much as mold.

Is standing around with a group of other people collectively with their thumbs up their asses a constitutional right?

Yes, stupid.... it is. Grow up.

I'm not the one who can't get it through my head the depth of what we're in. You'll figure it out.

No I get it. By all means convince those to stay home. If I was face to face with this guy, I'd be like "dude what the crap are doing?".

But there is a fundamental difference between a freedom based society, and a left-wing totalitarian dictatorship of oppression where people don't have rights.

That's what you need to get through your head. This illness will pass. It will. The destruction, and elimination of rights... that will destroy the entire country. You wipe out the constitution, and this virus will look like a Utopia compared to the oppression that government will inflict on the public.

Every cruel and evil brutal dictatorship, has endless justification for the destruction of liberty. Right now, you are on the side of this argument that Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Castro, and Hugo Chavez were on.

You should think about that.

If they could think better, they wouldn't be liberals

Sad but true
Oh that's hilarious coming from a brain-dead tRumpling!!!

Tell us another one, please!

The right to assemble is already regulated for safety with requirements for permits.

The right to worship is already regulated also for safety by limits of how many people can be in particular buildings, fire codes and water and sanitation in waste removal and food.

So, complaints about limiting church services cannot honestly be grounded on concerns that govt is infringing by placing safety limits. Rather the arguments are really about whether the govt's power can go as far as totally shutting down any religious service to groups of say more than ten. That is there's no basis to argue govt cannot limit rights on the need for safety, but rather how far can the govt go.

Anyone who knows anything about this scumbag, Rodney Howard-Brown, knows he should be committed just as much as he should be arrested. And not for staying open during this pandemic so he could hustle more money out of his sheep. He's a fucking loon and a scam artist, not a pastor.

There are too many of those. But we are not arguing people. We are arguing principles of law, hello

The law is being laid down.....in most states i think....but if people had any common sense no law would be required....only stupid people want to participate in big gatherings in these times.

On the other hand, aren't most laws necessary precisely because of stupid people who refuse to do the right thing on their own?

Why should those rights supersede others rights to life?

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.

---Democrats try to drive religion out of the public square---
Cult leaders have often been prosecuted for requiring their followers to do illegal or dangerous things.

It's not quite a case of Democrats vs cult leaders.

Kim Jong-Un, dictator of North Korea, is a Democrat and a quite the cult leader himself. Some of those preachers are in effect pimps who run a lot of vice in their congregations.

Religiously affiliated matchmaking and marriage advice cannot really be granted any moral superiority over outright pimping and procuring at bars and taverns in that part of town.

People are "two-spirited" or lead double lives. It's a Ying–Yang concept straight out of a Chinese nightclub. Their night life often falls short of the image projected by day.

Religious prohibitions against abortion, circumcision, and birth control are all too often "relaxed" in the "spiritual light" of too much confessionalism and situational advice-giving late into the night at times.

People go to church on Sunday, they go to work on Monday, and then they vote Democrat on Tuesday. They're total hypocrites who refuse to live themselves by the very religious doctrines they preach for others.

"Global warming" is in reality nothing other than their temporal interpretation of the hell and damnation preached from the pulpit. They don't really believe in eternity, so they create a hell on Earth for others in order to satisfy that emotional need for themselves.

The right to assemble is already regulated for safety with requirements for permits.

The right to worship is already regulated also for safety by limits of how many people can be in particular buildings, fire codes and water and sanitation in waste removal and food.

So, complaints about limiting church services cannot honestly be grounded on concerns that govt is infringing by placing safety limits. Rather the arguments are really about whether the govt's power can go as far as totally shutting down any religious service to groups of say more than ten. That is there's no basis to argue govt cannot limit rights on the need for safety, but rather how far can the govt go.

Pretty much, that's correct. The government is not telling them what to believe or how to practice it; they're just telling them how many people can be present while doing so.

I think eventually Christians are start going to protest and holding services and it will be the beginning of The End Times Persecutions of Christians

In the end times the Church will be prosecuted......that is prophesied. But the efflort to contain this deadly virus from hell is in no way a persecution of the church....anyone that thinks that is severely in error.

In fact those who propose attending meetings which serve as a conduit for the virus I think are doing the devils work....perhaps without realizing it.

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".
How does standing up for "Congress Shall MAKE NO LAW PROHIBITING the FREE EXERCISE of Religion = 'the church deliberately provoking this conflict"?

Does the Church or Government Pass Laws?

I just heard, "Accept my premise that this is standing up for the First Amendment, and THEN answer this question based on the assumption that my worldview is correct."

I don't accept that kind of crap from leftists, so why would I accept it from you? You want to discuss this topic with me, you don't come at me demanding that I concede that you're right about it before we even start.

Forum List

Back