We can mandate electric cars; Many conservatives already use them and cant see it

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.

I remember when I was 17-18 dude, all kinds of stupid sounded cool. You'll grow-up someday. Just remember, if you finish as a leftist it's a sign your brain failed to develop fully. That and/or you'll be cowardly and lazy.

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
I'm in.

Most times a 20-30 minute drive in NYC will get you about a mile

That's if you are travelling in the rush directions, I travel in a path parallel to sometimes, rush, to sometimes op rush.

Again, 20-30 min in a car, or a combination of 2 busses and 2 trains (so 4 transfers) each way.

Why do you do this? If you wish for a transition stupid things like this only hurt. Sure, those in rich communities can drive golf carts. Most can't afford one. Sure those in the city can ride mass transit but millions of people have none available.

Those who live in apts have nowhere to recharge a golf cart. I like electric vehicles, I'm a big fan but I also have no desire to see the world in the very small way you do.
I'm out.

This has to be about the dumbest analogy I've read

Why do you do this? If you wish for a transition stupid things like this only hurt. Sure, those in rich communities can drive golf carts. Most can't afford one. Sure those in the city can ride mass transit but millions of people have none available.

Those who live in apts have nowhere to recharge a golf cart. I like electric vehicles, I'm a big fan but I also have no desire to see the world in the very small way you do.

I have no interest in electric vehicles and have no plans to drive one even as a second or third car.

We are so far from being able to support an entire country on electric vehicles. The biggest issue isn't that they are "electric." It's that we are decades from being able to even have the components to support electric cars much less replacing gas vehicles with them.

California: We are ending gas vehicles
California (the next day): Don't charge your electric vehicles ...

And that's with the small percent we have now. I just went to my daughters wedding in

... Berkley, California ... Yes, the most communist city in America ...

I saw one electric vehicle ...

You people can whine all day long about the horrors of electric vehicles but like it or not, they are the wave of the future.
"THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That sounds like a very corny old car commercial from about 1957.

I have no interest in electric vehicles and have no plans to drive one even as a second or third car.

We are so far from being able to support an entire country on electric vehicles. The biggest issue isn't that they are "electric." It's that we are decades from being able to even have the components to support electric cars much less replacing gas vehicles with them.

And that's with the small percent we have now. I just went to my daughters wedding in

Oh, yeah. Plug those cars in, you stupid fuckers, and watch the grid fail in five minutes!

That would be a ton of fun for the rest of the country to watch!

Fascists can mandate anything they want.

That's if you are travelling in the rush directions, I travel in a path parallel to sometimes, rush, to sometimes op rush.
Marty has the "magic sky routes" LOL.

He's either never been in NYC or he's lying his ass off (again)

We support electric cars now.

I have to imagine you weren't looking.

Marty has the "magic sky routes" LOL.

He's either never been in NYC or he's lying his ass off (again)

It's the truth, going north south in a car is quicker than the mass transit options because you have to either take buses, or go into the city and back out again.

I am just saying the "one size fits all" approach the OP is proposing doesn't work for everyone.

and it's not 20-30 min a mile unless you are talking the Hudson crossings.

Forum List

Back