I am NOT against Electric Vehicles...I want to see them as an alternative!!!

I wonder if anyone actually bothered to read the OP's link? Yes, it talks about EV's and how a huge increase would affect CURRENT power output. If EV's become popular to the point where others see a profit in supplying them with energy, then the infrastructure for them will grow to support it.

When gasoline powered cars first came out, there wasn't a gas station on every corner. But, as cars became more and more popular and were owned by more and more people, people saw a profit in providing gas for them, and the gas station infrastructure grew to meet the demand. Same will happen with EV's. When there are enough EV's on the roads to make a demand for charging stations and improvements in the grid, it will happen.

As far as demanding EV's take over right now? Not gonna happen, as they will be considered alternative transportation for a long time.

Even the OP's article says as much. From the OP's article...............

Admittedly, the US Energy Information Administration estimates seven out of 10 cars will still have internal combustion engines by 2050. Even so, the grid will no doubt feel increasing pressures if sales of electric vehicles accelerate as predicted.

Estimates say that 70 percent of the vehicles on the road in 2050 will still be ICE vehicles, not EV's. So screaming about EV's taking over right now and causing power interruptions is pretty much "sky is falling" fear mongering.

Shocking I know... because I'm been extremely voluminous critic of pro-EV people.
But if you look at all my volumes of comments, my major criticism was where was the electricity going to come from?
Simple math would indicate this major issue hasn't been answered MUCH LESS Addressed!!!
FACTS folks...
Today the USA produced :
  • 4,116,000,000,000 Total electricity generated in USA today in 2021 by coal,nuclear,gas.
  • 49,030,000,000 EIA estimates generated with small-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
  • 4,165,030,000,000 Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all power plants
Each of the 11,070 total power plants in USA generate 376,244,806 kWh. FACTS~~~ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
The average American drives 14,263 per year https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
Assume 80% of all cars of the 228,200,000 Total Drivers fact: Total number of licensed drivers in the U.S. by state | Statista
or 182,560,000 Total EVs drivers each driven the above average or total miles driven 2,603,853,280,000 miles.
FACT: Average EV car uses .0.25 kWh to travel 1 mile. FACT:Average Electric Car kWh Per Mile [Results From 231 EVs]
Divide total miles driven by 0.25 kWH/mile or 650,963,320,000 kWh will be needed.
Additional electricity needed for the EV cars or 650,963,320,000 kWh will require 1,730 additional power plants at each plant generating 376,244,806 kWh.
Let's assume all the new plants are Wind Turbines(WTs) and the cost to build is $1,300,000 USD per megawatt or ($1,300,000 X 376 mWh or $488,800,000).
1,730 additional WT power plants will cost $844,701,697,211 in construction costs just for EV cars.
What do you think the cost will be if assume 50% of all the existing trucks in the future are EVs that average 4.3 kWh per Mile Per Truck Battery capacity and recharging needs for electric buses in city transit service (Journal Article) | OSTI.GOV
I'll let you figure that out! Facts: THERE ARE 37,900,000 trucks for business purposes (excluding government and farm) traveling the
average miles per year of 84,433/truck/year....https://www.trucking.org/economics-and-industry-data
So I'm NOT against EVs but I'm trying to make those in favor of EVs to understand the total cost and simply put...well let the experts explain...

As More EVs Hit The Road, Blackouts Become Likely!
The Far Left is obsessed with one fad after another. First, it was abortion and now, it's Green energy. They just follow each other and wacko leaders like mindless sheep, oblivious to the consequences. The Democrats are all mindless sheep. Even their hatred for Donald Trump is another temporary fad. They will find something they hate more and forget him.

I wonder if anyone actually bothered to read the OP's link? Yes, it talks about EV's and how a huge increase would affect CURRENT power output. If EV's become popular to the point where others see a profit in supplying them with energy, then the infrastructure for them will grow to support it.

When gasoline powered cars first came out, there wasn't a gas station on every corner. But, as cars became more and more popular and were owned by more and more people, people saw a profit in providing gas for them, and the gas station infrastructure grew to meet the demand. Same will happen with EV's. When there are enough EV's on the roads to make a demand for charging stations and improvements in the grid, it will happen.

As far as demanding EV's take over right now? Not gonna happen, as they will be considered alternative transportation for a long time.

Admittedly, the US Energy Information Administration estimates seven out of 10 cars will still have internal combustion engines by 2050. Even so, the grid will no doubt feel increasing pressures if sales of electric vehicles accelerate as predicted.

Estimates say that 70 percent of the vehicles on the road in 2050 will still be ICE vehicles, not EV's. So screaming about EV's taking over right now and causing power interruptions is pretty much "sky is falling" fear mongering.
Toyota Corp has a new CEO who is gonna move the company away from EVs. He sees the truth. General Motors is hurting because they spent so much converting to EV production and the cars don't sell well enough.

You are 100% right about the "sky is falling"... but that is also totally applicable by EV lovers, climatechangeevangelistas, and especially anti progress
groups! These same people that advocate EVs to reduce CO2 emissions do NOT consider though all the facts, i.e. the worst CO2 Emissions country
ALSO produces the most products needed for EVs! China!
China’s share of refining is around 35% for nickel, 50-70% for lithium and cobalt, and nearly 90% for rare earth elements. Chinese companies have also made substantial investment in overseas assets in Australia, Chile, the DRC and Indonesia. High levels of concentration, compounded by complex supply chains, increase the risks that could arise from physical disruption, trade restrictions or other developments in major producing countries.
Top_CO2countries.png

Attachments

• Top_CO2countries.png
    Top_CO2countries.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
Because the left/democrats arent letting it happen naturally. They are intentionally sabotaging gas vehicles with no plan for actually replacing them.

No they're not. They're just bashing them on TV.. One of THE most fiscally conservative congressmen in DC (Thomas Massie), has been completely off the grid for over a decade. He love his Tesla and his solar panels. He hasn't had an electric bill in years.

These politicians who are on the oil companies dole, they're just as retarded as the left. And just as retarded as anyone bashing EV's.

It's still a market driven product, that'll either fail or succeed. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
It isnt about people just driving different types of vehicle... this is about semocrats limiting your choice of vehicle in order to limit wver other aspect of your life to fit their itopian world view.

That is the problem.

No one is limiting your choice. FFS, all the automakers that drop their ICE vehicles will suffer. And they'll come back around, if the EV market crashes.
The exact same way the ICE vehicle market could've failed had it not been for Ford and his production line that helped to reduce costs.

Here in Arkansas they found a bunch of Lithium. So US production will ramp up soon on these mines.

EV's are a win win for the American economy.
But the left wants to bash Elon for Twitter. The right wants to bash Elon for his cars.

And all he's trying to do is build cars and get to mars.

No they're not. They're just bashing them on TV.. One of THE most fiscally conservative congressmen in DC (Thomas Massie), has been completely off the grid for over a decade. He love his Tesla and his solar panels. He hasn't had an electric bill in years.

These politicians who are on the oil companies dole, they're just as retarded as the left. And just as retarded as anyone bashing EV's.

It's still a market driven product, that'll either fail or succeed. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No one is limiting your choice. FFS, all the automakers that drop their ICE vehicles will suffer. And they'll come back around, if the EV market crashes.
The exact same way the ICE vehicle market could've failed had it not been for Ford and his production line that helped to reduce costs.

Here in Arkansas they found a bunch of Lithium. So US production will ramp up soon on these mines.

EV's are a win win for the American economy.
But the left wants to bash Elon for Twitter. The right wants to bash Elon for his cars.

And all he's trying to do is build cars and get to mars.

And you are why they are crushing the energy sector…….it Is not a market driven item….the democrats are using the regulatory state to increase the price for gas powered cars………and by crushing energy production they are going to make electric vehicles even more expensive and out of reach for the majority of Americans.

You have been told…..you will not listen……

You are blind.

“Market driven” my ass

It politically driven as greenies tell American consumers what to do

Your first mistake is not living close enough to work to use a bicycle ... so both gasoline and electric are luxuries ... American Exceptionalism ... thus the measure is money ... and nothing says money like a Ford F-350 with dualies doing 85 mph on a Los Angeles freeway ...

I'll live wherever the hell I want and that isn;t going to be close to where I would work if I was still working that is.

And the F 350 dual axle truck is not the best selling truck the F 150 is. Oh and my F 150 has an 8 cylinder I bet that chafes your ass doesn't it?

I'll live wherever the hell I want and that isn;t going to be close to where I would work if I was still working that is.

And the F 350 dual axle truck is not the best selling truck the F 150 is. Oh and my F 150 has an 8 cylinder I bet that chafes your ass doesn't it?

8 cylinders for a half-ton load ... totally pussy ... what we call a "chick truck" ... it's build and marketed to girls ... and faggots ... and you don't even know the difference .. do you ? ... the main difference between the Chevy C10 and C30 was bigger rear drum brakes ... so it's not the engine that makes a F-350 ... is it? ...

The Toyota Tacoma doesn't pretend to be anything else ... a pussy motorized wheelbarrow ... and that's how I use it ... still I can't overload it without the brakes weakening ... but it hauls human filth well enough ...

EV's prices are coming down.

EV's aren't a "The sky is falling" thing. They're just vehicles in a market. Buy one or don't. It's really not important.
Except in the Communist states the Democrats are forcing you to buy one with mandates.

8 cylinders for a half-ton load ... totally pussy ... what we call a "chick truck" ... it's build and marketed to girls ... and faggots ... and you don't even know the difference .. do you ? ... the main difference between the Chevy C10 and C30 was bigger rear drum brakes ... so it's not the engine that makes a F-350 ... is it? ...

The Toyota Tacoma doesn't pretend to be anything else ... a pussy motorized wheelbarrow ... and that's how I use it ... still I can't overload it without the brakes weakening ... but it hauls human filth well enough ...
I owned and wore out a half dozen F 350s when I was running my construction business and I know more about that truck than you do.

I owned and wore out a half dozen F 350s when I was running my construction business and I know more about that truck than you do.

I ran my construction business out of a half-ton ... so I know more about construction businesses than you do ...

But I'm all ears ... what is the difference between F-150's and F-350's? ... and which is better for a pussy pencil-pusher to commute to work with? ... people who DON'T want to haul 50 2x6's at once ... I understand weak-minded people let their rig decide their gender identity ... and for them the F-150 with snow-plow attachment is the only thing close to manliness that their wife let's them have ... without acknowledging the F-150 is as girlie as an EV ...

I just think it's sad people self-identify with a damn Ford pickup ... just sad ... it's a wheelbarrow ... nothing more ...

Except in the Communist states the Democrats are forcing you to buy one with mandates.

Got any links to back up the bullshit you're spewing about people being forced to buy one with mandates? (BTW............."being forced to buy one with mandates" is kinda redundant, because if something is mandated, it's required).

What "Communist state" is forcing the people who live there to buy EV's and not allowing ICE vehicles? As far as I'm aware, people can buy ICE vehicles or EV's, it's their choice.

Got any links to back up the bullshit you're spewing about people being forced to buy one with mandates? (BTW............."being forced to buy one with mandates" is kinda redundant, because if something is mandated, it's required).

What "Communist state" is forcing the people who live there to buy EV's and not allowing ICE vehicles? As far as I'm aware, people can buy ICE vehicles or EV's, it's their choice.
California is a great example of a fucking piece of shit Communist state. Controlled by Democrats that fucked everything up like they always do.

Those idiots have mandated that all new home construction have solar. They are outlawing new ICE vehicles to be sold in the state after a certain date. Even trucks if you can believe that stupidity.

Being Communists they have greatly infringed upon the right to keep and bear arms and the fucking place is a welfare state, especially for Illegals, Negroes and other sorry shitheads. It is Queer and Tranny heaven.

The cost of this Communism? Highest debt, most poverty, most taxes, tremendous crime, most homelessness and at the bottom with schools. No wonder about a thousand Americans are leaving this Communist Paradise every day.

California has gone full Commie statewide. In other parts of the country it is not the entire state, only the Democrat controlled big city shitholes like Chicago and New York. Texas is not a Commie state but Houston and Dallas have disastrous Democrat controlled Commie regimes.

Democrats fuck up everything they touch. Just look at that clown in the White House.

I ran my construction business out of a half-ton ... so I know more about construction businesses than you do ...

But I'm all ears ... what is the difference between F-150's and F-350's? ... and which is better for a pussy pencil-pusher to commute to work with? ... people who DON'T want to haul 50 2x6's at once ... I understand weak-minded people let their rig decide their gender identity ... and for them the F-150 with snow-plow attachment is the only thing close to manliness that their wife let's them have ... without acknowledging the F-150 is as girlie as an EV ...

I just think it's sad people self-identify with a damn Ford pickup ... just sad ... it's a wheelbarrow ... nothing more ...
Says the guy who rides a scooter to work

California is a great example of a fucking piece of shit Communist state. Controlled by Democrats that fucked everything up like they always do.

California bans sales of new gas-powered cars by 2035. Now the real work begins. Girding for turmoil, gas station owners gloomily point out unresolved issues related to the new CARB rule.Oct 30, 2022
Those idiots have mandated that all new home construction have solar. They are outlawing new ICE vehicles to be sold in the state after a certain date. Even trucks if you can believe that stupidity.

Being Communists they have greatly infringed upon the right to keep and bear arms and the fucking place is a welfare state, especially for Illegals, Negroes and other sorry shitheads. It is Queer and Tranny heaven.

The cost of this Communism? Highest debt, most poverty, most taxes, tremendous crime, most homelessness and at the bottom with schools. No wonder about a thousand Americans are leaving this Communist Paradise every day.

California has gone full Commie statewide. In other parts of the country it is not the entire state, only the Democrat controlled big city shitholes like Chicago and New York. Texas is not a Commie state but Houston and Dallas have disastrous Democrat controlled Commie regimes.

Democrats fuck up everything they touch. Just look at that clown in the White House.

California bans sales of new gas-powered cars by 2035.
It was hailed as a landmark decision for the environment:
The California Air Resources Board voted in August to require that all new automobiles and light trucks sold in the state be zero emission by 2035.

The move, aimed at tackling climate change, has been cheered by many. Just not mom-and-pop gas station owners.

Now the real work begins. Girding for turmoil, gas station owners gloomily point out unresolved issues related to the new CARB rule.Oct 30, 2022

California bans sales of new gas-powered cars by 2035.
It was hailed as a landmark decision for the environment:
The California Air Resources Board voted in August to require that all new automobiles and light trucks sold in the state be zero emission by 2035.

The move, aimed at tackling climate change, has been cheered by many. Just not mom-and-pop gas station owners.

Now the real work begins. Girding for turmoil, gas station owners gloomily point out unresolved issues related to the new CARB rule.Oct 30, 2022
and then all those rolling brown outs CA is famous for which will cause the government to tell people not to charge their cars

Shocking I know... because I'm been extremely voluminous critic of pro-EV people.
But if you look at all my volumes of comments, my major criticism was where was the electricity going to come from?
Simple math would indicate this major issue hasn't been answered MUCH LESS Addressed!!!
FACTS folks...
Today the USA produced :
  • 4,116,000,000,000 Total electricity generated in USA today in 2021 by coal,nuclear,gas.
  • 49,030,000,000 EIA estimates generated with small-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
  • 4,165,030,000,000 Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 by all power plants
Each of the 11,070 total power plants in USA generate 376,244,806 kWh. FACTS~~~ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
The average American drives 14,263 per year https://www.thezebra.com/resources/driving/average-miles-driven-per-year/
Assume 80% of all cars of the 228,200,000 Total Drivers fact: Total number of licensed drivers in the U.S. by state | Statista
or 182,560,000 Total EVs drivers each driven the above average or total miles driven 2,603,853,280,000 miles.
FACT: Average EV car uses .0.25 kWh to travel 1 mile. FACT:Average Electric Car kWh Per Mile [Results From 231 EVs]
Divide total miles driven by 0.25 kWH/mile or 650,963,320,000 kWh will be needed.
Additional electricity needed for the EV cars or 650,963,320,000 kWh will require 1,730 additional power plants at each plant generating 376,244,806 kWh.
Let's assume all the new plants are Wind Turbines(WTs) and the cost to build is $1,300,000 USD per megawatt or ($1,300,000 X 376 mWh or $488,800,000).
1,730 additional WT power plants will cost $844,701,697,211 in construction costs just for EV cars.
What do you think the cost will be if assume 50% of all the existing trucks in the future are EVs that average 4.3 kWh per Mile Per Truck Battery capacity and recharging needs for electric buses in city transit service (Journal Article) | OSTI.GOV
I'll let you figure that out! Facts: THERE ARE 37,900,000 trucks for business purposes (excluding government and farm) traveling the
average miles per year of 84,433/truck/year....https://www.trucking.org/economics-and-industry-data
So I'm NOT against EVs but I'm trying to make those in favor of EVs to understand the total cost and simply put...well let the experts explain...

As More EVs Hit The Road, Blackouts Become Likely!
$844 billion for wind turbines.
It would actually be a mix of solar & wind & other stuff.
But the USA consumes 369 millions of gas per day, so it doesnt take long to get up to $844 billion. Perhaps a year and half to spend that much on gasoline.

Also, car charging can be done on a timer, to charge overnight to avoid peak demand periods. Just would need more charging parking spots.

Forum List

Back