We can mandate electric cars; Many conservatives already use them and cant see it

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
Can’t be done in America, but the Chinese can do their whole nation in about 20 years.

China high speed rail network has passed 20,000 kilometers in total length​

1663848745488.png

It is funny (sad actually) that other countries can do this but the greatest county in the world can not.

Most countries that have successfully done so are smaller, more densely-populated, and less rife with government corruption, than California is.

It truly takes a pknopp level of ignorance to believe that because such a rail system can work in those sort of countries, that it would work in California, or even that if such a system were feasible, that the corrupt government of California would build such a system without screwing the taxpayers seriously in the process to the point of causing far more harm than could ever be offset by any benefits from such a system.

Technology moves forward.

Technology moves as it will. Government cannot force technology before its time, and every attempt that has been made to do so has failed disastrously.

I am Conservative and have no problem switching to alternative technology and energy sources; collectively, Green Technology. The problem I have is the aggressive push/mandate to Green Technology that is not yet mature enough to scale or sustain our economy at the level that fossil fuel is. If Green Technology introduces higher costs and limitations compared to fossil fuels, then we are not yet ready.
It took decades and hundreds of millions to develop the system we have now.

Expecting the switch to green tech to be easy and cheap is just stupid or dishonest

Most countries that have successfully done so are smaller, more densely-populated, and less rife with government corruption, than California is.

It's not just California but China has them. We will note, you seem to be saying that the greatest country on Earth is more corrupt than China.

It truly takes a pknopp level of ignorance to believe that because such a rail system can work in those sort of countries, that it would work in California, or even that if such a system were feasible, that the corrupt government of California would build such a system without screwing the taxpayers seriously in the process to the point of causing far more harm than could ever be offset by any benefits from such a system.

Technology moves as it will. Government cannot force technology before its time, and every attempt that has been made to do so has failed disastrously.

My argument is hardly relegated to just California. You want to blame the countries failures on California. Government can assist technology.

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
Conservatives are NOT "resisting" renewable/clean energy.
I believe I can speak for all conservatives that we would LOVE to be able to be 100% off of fossil fuels as long as the replacement source is as cheap and dependable as fossil fuels.
What we "resist" - is putting America in the dark ages by people who have not one single clue about energy trying to FORCE people off of fossil fuels BEFORE we have a replacement energy source.

It took decades and hundreds of millions to develop the system we have now.

Expecting the switch to green tech to be easy and cheap is just stupid or dishonest
Especially when you idiots will not permit more nuclear power

Can’t be done in America, but the Chinese can do their whole nation in about 20 years.

China high speed rail network has passed 20,000 kilometers in total length​

View attachment 699761
In near straightaway areas that are sparsely populated it is possible. The railroads of the 19th century helped to open up the country and the West. So, it is possible to have the mag lev technology going hundreds of miles and longer but end in a developed area and going conventional with transfers to current tech trains, busses, rental cars, even airports. Perhaps integration of all types of transportation can work. Perhaps using current rail corridors converted to maglev technologies and more advanced if possible. Unencumbered rights of ways are the desired mag lev desired solution.

It's not just California but China has them. We will note, you seem to be saying that the greatest country on Earth is more corrupt than China.

Not the United States as a whole, but certainly, California is at pretty close to the same level of corruption as China.

And in other ways, China is very different from California, or from the United States as a whole.

A crucial thing to make any mass transit system feasible, is that there need to be stops or stations near every place that anyone needs to go. That's much easier to accomplish in a very dense nation, such as China, than in a much more spread-out and diverse place, such as California or the United States as a whole.

Again, it takes not just an ordinary level of ignorance, but an extreme pknopp level of ignorance, to assume that what works in China will work in the United States.

In near straightaway areas that are sparsely populated it is possible. The railroads of the 19th century helped to open up the country and the West. So, it is possible to have the mag lev technology going hundreds of miles and longer but end in a developed area and going conventional with transfers to current tech trains, busses, rental cars, even airports. Perhaps integration of all types of transportation can work. Perhaps using current rail corridors converted to maglev technologies and more advanced if possible. Unencumbered rights of ways are the desired mag lev desired solution.
What? China is hardly sparsely populated.

Not the United States as a whole, but certainly, California is at pretty close to the same level of corruption as China.

All over the country you will find politicians getting arrested over corrupt actions.

And in other ways, China is very different from California, or from the United States as a whole.

A crucial thing to make any mass transit system feasible, is that there need to be stops or stations near every place that anyone needs to go. That's much easier to accomplish in a very dense nation, such as China, than in a much more spread-out and diverse place, such as California or the United States as a whole.

Again, it takes not just an ordinary level of ignorance, but an extreme pknopp level of ignorance, to assume that what works in China will work in the United States.

LOL, Me thinks you are ignorant on China's train systems.

Tell us about the dense population along the Mongolian border?

Government can assist technology.

But government cannot force technology. And that's what the envirowhackos are trying to do, to force technology.

California tried this before, and people are too stupid to remember, or to learn the lesson.

I'm faint on the exact details, but a law was passed a decade or two ago, that mandated that by a certain deadline (I want to think it was 2010) a certain percentage of new cars sold and registered in California had to be “zero emission vehicles”.

As the deadline approached, it became absolutely clear that the technology just had not advanced to the point of making compliance with this law possible. Some various patches an workarounds have been implemented. For example, are you aware of the PZEV designation? Partial Zero Emission Vehicle. Basically, just a standard for otherwise normal, ICE-based vehicles implemented so that so many PZEV vehicles counted against a manufacturer the same as one zero-emission vehicle. Also credit-trading schemes, so that a company that makes only electric vehicles, such as Tesla, can sell its excess credits to a manufacturer of real cars, in such a manner that the real car manufacturer can take credit for some of the ZEVs that Tesla made.

So, the criminal Gavin Newsom has mandated that by 2035, all new vehicles sold and registered in California must be zero-emission vehicles. There aren't going to be any workarounds, such as have been used to soften the previous law. And there is no way in Hell that by 2035, the technology is yet going to be at the point where electric vehicles will be suitable for any but a small niche of the whole automobile market, nor is there any way in Hell that our infrastructure will be up to supporting charging that many electric vehicles. It simply is not going to happen. Period.

If you believe otherwise, then, well, there's that pknopp level of ignorance yet again.

All over the country you will find politicians getting arrested over corrupt actions.

Not here in California. Our politicians are as corrupt as those anywhere in the world, and they never face any adverse consequences.

Hey Useful IDIOT.

There is not enough Lithium or Cobalt in the world to build EVs for everyone.

So when your Slave Masters tell you that YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE HAPPY.....it means, you are going to have to SHARE EVs with your Neighbors and Ride Public Transportation.

You Freaking Idiots are so clueless with your Green Religious Dogma that you do not even realize you are being played into selling away all of your freedom and autonomy to Corporations and Globalists who do not give a shit about you and look at you as nothing but a resource for them to profit off of and control.

Green Energy just means GREEN SLAVERY, DUPES!

It means giving total control of your economy and all of your possessions and your freedom to Elitists that Hate You.

Wake the Fock up and take the Red Pill, Slaves.

China can criss cross they nation with the most effective and efficient high speed rail system the envy of the world, and do it in about 20 years.

One could conclude from this, CA and the US are far more corrupt than China.

Forum List

Back