We can mandate electric cars; Many conservatives already use them and cant see it

Peach45

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2020
I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.

I see some MAGAs resisting the inevitable change to green energy such as electric cars. What they don’t realize is this: take a look at their wealthy suburbs and country clubs. They drive their golf carts to dinner, I even see the Trump flags flying on some. They drive the electric golf carts all over town. They choose this while also owning an $80,000 pickup truck in the driveway.

So…the next step is, mandate all travel within 15 miles of home be in an electric car. A golf cart style vehicle for example. Extremely efficient and green.

Further than 15 miles? I advocate mass transit, like Europe. More trains. Yes this takes infrastructure, so a couple decades of work which is fine. We cant mandate golf cart travel & ban other gas cars overnight I realize that.

But what if by, say, 2050 or 2060 we have a society where 100% of personal travel is done by bike, golf cart or mass transit train? And save fossil fuel travel ONLY for 18 wheelers (necessary for now), planes and ships (which also can be green eventually)??

Our interstates can be retrofitted to only have mass transit train rails and lanes for 18 wheelers.
OOOOOH! Call us MAGA's again. We realize it's a word you use for people who terrify you and it makes us feel powerful.

Exactly what is the percentage of conservatives who own golf carts?

Edit: Still waiting for that data Peach45

Last edited:

Cool story, but the battery supply is low.

Manufacturers can't keep up with even current demand for EVs

Why do you do this? If you wish for a transition stupid things like this only hurt. Sure, those in rich communities can drive golf carts. Most can't afford one. Sure those in the city can ride mass transit but millions of people have none available.

Those who live in apts have nowhere to recharge a golf cart. I like electric vehicles, I'm a big fan but I also have no desire to see the world in the very small way you do.

They drive their golf carts to dinner

Very few people commute to work and shopping in golf carts. At least, not the boring kind...

worlds_fastest_golf_cart-800x536.jpeg

Are you seriously trying to suggest that such a Procrustean solution will fit any but a small niche in the population?

I'm a construction worker. On a daily basis, I must travel to whatever construction site I am on at any given time, with hundreds of pounds of tools. There is usually no public transportation yet to places that are still being built, and even if there were, there is simply no way for it to be feasible to haul all my tools on any kind of public transit.

Currently, I'm on a site that's fairly local to me, but I can expect, some times, to be put on projects that are up to eighty miles away. I've worked on several that were at such distances. Current battery technology and charging infrastructure makes it completely unfeasible for me to use an electric vehicle for such a long daily commute.

I do believe that eventually, electrical vehicles will advance to the point that they are ready to replace internal-combustion-engined vehicles, but at my age, I do not expect to live to see that point. It will almost certainly not occur by the 2050-2060 deadline that you propose.

I love the complete lack of understanding of the op. California’s high speed rail went way over budget, has not moved a single inch and has been abandoned but let’s do more.
California has blackouts, but mandated all new cars be electric then two days later wanted no one to charge their cars.
You seem to have no idea of the cost in fuel and other natural resources to mine and produce electric cars or golf carts or trains and planes.
The amount of rare earth needed to produce just half of all cars sold to be electric far exceeds known deposits. The amount of electricity needed to charge just half of all cars in The US right now means we would need to triple our electrical output. How do you plan to do that?
How do those living in apartments charge any vehicle? Or is it simply screw them?

I love the complete lack of understanding of the op. California’s high speed rail went way over budget, has not moved a single inch and has been abandoned but let’s do more.

It is funny (sad actually) that other countries can do this but the greatest county in the world can not.

California has blackouts, but mandated all new cars be electric then two days later wanted no one to charge their cars.
You seem to have no idea of the cost in fuel and other natural resources to mine and produce electric cars or golf carts or trains and planes.
The amount of rare earth needed to produce just half of all cars sold to be electric far exceeds known deposits. The amount of electricity needed to charge just half of all cars in The US right now means we would need to triple our electrical output. How do you plan to do that?
How do those living in apartments charge any vehicle? Or is it simply screw them?

Technology moves forward.

As a mode of everyday transportation golf carts suck in nearly every way.

It is funny (sad actually) that other countries can do this but the greatest county in the world can not.

Technology moves forward.
Progs have stymied strengthening the electrical grid. They stopped nuclear power plants. They have nearly destroyed the coal industry. They do not consider hydroelectric industry as green. They cringe with electric lines lining streets and even in deserts. They do not want to harden the grid against solar flares and/or EMP attack. They do not want any of their solar and wind power agendas in their own backyards. WE have hundreds of years of natural gas, and they thumb their noses to it. We can be so much richer with more for the citizens. But the architects of fear and administering pain to them are here always. And with their suckers who keep voting for the same sadistic psychopaths because they sweet talk enough to attain power and after a while enough are elected to screw all over.

Progs have stymied strengthening the electrical grid. They stopped nuclear power plants. They have nearly destroyed the coal industry. They do not consider hydroelectric industry as green. They cringe with electric lines lining streets and even in deserts. They do not want to harden the grid against solar flares and/or EMP attack. They do not want any of their solar and wind power agendas in their own backyards. WE have hundreds of years of natural gas, and they thumb their noses to it. We can be so much richer with more for the citizens. But the architects of fear and administering pain to them are here always. And with their suckers who keep voting for the same sadistic psychopaths because they sweet talk enough to attain power and after a while enough are elected to screw all over.

I have stated many times I do not support the empty plans of someone like Newsome. He does far more harm than good in any attempt to move forward with technology.

Kook alert!

We can also mandate you own a gun.

I have stated many times I do not support the empty plans of someone like Newsome. He does far more harm than good in any attempt to move forward with technology.
This will get here. Not by political grandstanding where there was no mandate by the voters. The worst part is that many of the politicians involved do not give two shits about the green energy agenda. But power and money is a tried and true sell out formula.

This will get here. Not by political grandstanding where there was no mandate by the voters. The worst part is that many of the politicians involved do not give two shits about the green energy agenda. But power and money is a tried and true sell out formula.

Sadly that is what the vast majority of politicians seek.

I am Conservative and have no problem switching to alternative technology and energy sources; collectively, Green Technology. The problem I have is the aggressive push/mandate to Green Technology that is not yet mature enough to scale or sustain our economy at the level that fossil fuel is. If Green Technology introduces higher costs and limitations compared to fossil fuels, then we are not yet ready.

No thanks. I'll continue to use a gas powered car. EV's are extremely toxic to the environment. Not gonna happen.

Forum List

Back