"We ate potatoes every day...."

Skunk bud was and still is the shit though most have never even heard of it or tried it.
As far as drug screening goes...never had to.
So you're the resident bud expert ?:71:

Everyone who got high in the 70's know's what skunk is.
1593143991079.png

Ah yes, I remember growing up in the wastelands. It was always really, really hot but we wore random scraps of football equipment anyway. A lot of the kids spoke with Australian accents that no one could understand. This one old lady with nice legs who ran the Thunderdome made delicious cannibal dishes. Other than the occasional bloodletting over gasoline supplies it was good times.

I'm trying to thunk what I have growing in my garden to go with potatoes...

Garlic, thyme, basil, chives, tomatoes, cilantro, & 3 kinds of hot peppers.
I always have herbs around.
View attachment 355067
View attachment 355065
I love all the herbs you do. I also like the one that tastes so good when listening to music. I noticed the best herb smelled like skunk.

God I miss that stuff!!!!
I never inhale................cough.cough.cough

If you ever travel the Lincoln Highway there are places where you can pull off of the road to sleep or rest.....this is because the towns are few and far between....the Lincoln Highway is the loneliest road in America...at these rest stops you will find endless amounts of rusty tin cans and pieces of cans all over the place....
Those cans were what the great depression west travelers ate...beans and corn...peas and canned meat...if you were lucky....the piles of empty cans would resemble small hills and they never cleaned them up....the cans are still there spread out all over the place.....
Actually the loneliest road in America is US 50 between Fallon and Ely Nevada. I travel it whenever I can. It's not only senic but historic too. It's part of the old pony Express route with ruins of the pony express stations along the way. There are two small mining towns along the way, Austin and Eureka so you can get expensive gas or grab a burger if you're hungry. I usually take 5 gallons of extra gas along so I can be sure of making it to Ely or Fallon without needing to buy expensive gas along the way. They probably have to pay extra transportation charges just to get their gas delivered out that far. It's what some might even call remote. Miles and miles of miles and more miles.
Oh yeah there are rusty tin cans around the pony Express ruins etc. if you're a collector. There may even be a few bottles left around if you search but I imagine other collectors have been there first.

Ah yes, I remember growing up in the wastelands. It was always really, really hot but we wore random scraps of football equipment anyway. A lot of the kids spoke with Australian accents that no one could understand. This one old lady with nice legs who ran the Thunderdome made delicious cannibal dishes. Other than the occasional bloodletting over gasoline supplies it was good times.
4,3,2,...Who run Bartertown?

The world is a better place because of the "Yukon Gold Tator"...

Yukon Gold potato
Yukon Gold is a large cultivar of potato most distinctly characterized by its thin, smooth, eye-free skin and yellow-tinged flesh. This potato was developed in the 1960s by Garnet Johnston in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, with the help of Geoff Rowberry at the University of Guelph. The official cross was made in 1966 and 'Yukon Gold' was finally released into the market in 1980.

My mum and Nan were excellent "depression cooks" and we got a very balanced diet as kids. THEY lived near the Victoria Markets in North Melbourne(always first priority is finding a good vege supply) and had a fantastic supply of cheap veges and meat; especially lamb. I still cook an "Irish Stew" with celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, green beans and any of the root vegetables in season. Salt and pepper. Add the offcuts of lamb (or mutton) and slow boil for two hours in a big pot stirring about every ten minutes. Don't let the water get too low. Add a mix of cornflower and water at the end and boil on for a short time to thicken. (Amount of cornflower is quite small; start off small...a good teaspoon.....and add more until it thickens up if still too watery...trial and error thingy).

Then serve the family of ten.

Bon appetite ...................lol

ps: there is a layered version as well which is baked.

Greg

Is it possible to live off just potatoes?
Regarding vitamins and minerals?

My mum and Nan were excellent "depression cooks" and we got a very balanced diet as kids. THEY lived near the Victoria Markets in North Melbourne(always first priority is finding a good vege supply) and had a fantastic supply of cheap veges and meat; especially lamb. I still cook an "Irish Stew" with celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, green beans and any of the root vegetables in season. Salt and pepper. Add the offcuts of lamb (or mutton) and slow boil for two hours in a big pot stirring about every ten minutes. Don't let the water get too low. Add a mix of cornflower and water at the end and boil on for a short time to thicken. (Amount of cornflower is quite small; start off small...a good teaspoon.....and add more until it thickens up if still too watery...trial and error thingy).

Greg

Where I come from. The old timers lived on just potatoes and deer meat.. They lived to be ancient.. but maybe it was the meat. And they lived good strong healthy lives.. Not like we are now. sickly. no chemicals in the foods back then.

Greg

Where I come from. The old timers lived on just potatoes and deer meat.. They lived to be ancient.. but maybe it was the meat. And they lived good strong healthy lives.. Not like we are now. sickly. no chemicals in the foods back then.

I like deer meat. There’s a guy on the market who sells it. Must be sourced from the hunters here.

Forum List

Back