We are experiencing the biggest scandal in America's political history right now.

When did we agree on that? President's leave office with documents. There has NEVER been a raid on a former President's home over a document dispute! NEVER!!! Not until the Biden Administration! What's most disturbing about that is the President who allowed that to happen was actually GUILTY of stealing classified documents!
The law is pretty clear that keeping highly classified documents in your house is very illegal. Tons of people have been prosecuted for doing so.

Are you not aware of this?

That's something that should have been decided in a court of law. Instead the Biden DOJ went on a fishing expedition with a search warrant granted by a pet "magistrate"!
What exactly do you mean "decided in a court of law"? A grand jury is part of the courts of law. That's where the subpoena came from.

How many of those people were President of the United States? Tons? LOL
Zero and the record would be unblemished since Trump is not President of the United States.

The former president is bound to the same laws as the rest of us.

So what is the typical action taken when someone ignores a subpoena, Marener?
The subpoena wasn't ignored. Trump claimed to have complied with the subpoena which was a lie.

When you hide material responsive to the subpoena, the typical action is a search warrant.

He was. And when he stopped being president, he lost the ability to keep highly classified documents.
That's a lie, Marener. When those documents were boxed Donald Trump was still the President and you know it. He still had the authority to possess any document he wanted.

The subpoena wasn't ignored. Trump claimed to have complied with the subpoena which was a lie.

When you hide material responsive to the subpoena, the typical action is a search warrant.
Which once again returns us to the legal issue that was never decided in this case! Does a former President have the legal right to possess documents he took while he was President? So why was that decided by an FBI raid?

That's a lie, Marener. When those documents were boxed Donald Trump was still the President and you know it. He still had the authority to possess any document he wanted.
What lie? We agree that when he was president he had the authority to possess those documents.

All I said was that he lost that authority when he stopped being president. There's only one president at a time.

Which once again returns us to the legal issue that was never decided in this case! Does a former President have the legal right to possess documents he took while he was President? So why was that decided by an FBI raid?
It wasn't "decided" by an FBI raid. The raid was to obtain evidence for a crime.

What lie? We agree that when he was president he had the authority to possess those documents.

All I said was that he lost that authority when he stopped being president. There's only one president at a time.
And yet a judge set legal precedent in the Clinton case that a President and only a President decided what was or wasn't a personal paper or in that case a tape. So what legal precedent are you citing that changes that?

And yet a judge set legal precedent in the Clinton case that a President and only a President decided what was or wasn't a personal paper or in that case a tape. So what legal precedent are you citing that changes that?
Please tell me why the DoJ would assume highly classified military documents are personal papers? That's very illogical.

Who decided that there was a "crime"?
The jury will when they hear the case at trial.

The DoJ makes the allegation in their indictment, but ultimately the court decides if the crime occurred.

I don't know what you're getting at other than me giving you a remedial education on the court system.

So you're basically staging a raid to look for evidence of a crime that you haven't established actually occurred?
Search warrants are based on probable cause. They had probable cause to believe a crime had occurred. It's in the constitution.

Please tell me why the DoJ would assume highly classified military documents are personal papers? That's very illogical.
Because a former President has them in his possession and had the authority to do so when they were taken? Because a Federal judge ruled that a President and only a President could decide what was or wasn't personal?

Because a former President has them in his possession and had the authority to do so when they were taken? Because a Federal judge ruled that a President and only a President could decide what was or wasn't personal?
That's an illogical assumption. What is "personal" about highly classified military documents?

Forum List

Back